13 Signs You Are Obsessed With Figure Skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

13 Signs You Are Obsessed With Figure Skating

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You find it perfectly reasonable (read: sane) to stay up all night to watch skating when it's in a completely different time zone from where you live

1/1, and since I'm in Australia, that's pretty much ALL the competitions...

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I would also like to add: you debate on taking a Russian language class you you can understand the commentary on YouTube videos:)

You find it perfectly reasonable (read: sane) to stay up all night to watch skating when it's in a completely different time zone from where you live

Spot on :agree:

* I had my sister bring me a bottle of Katia's perfume from NC because we didn't have a Target in our town then.

I am getting embarrassed. I have to stop!

You win :clap: Don't stop :laugh:

All posters... you are so funny :popcorn:

Icey

Record Breaker
Elizabeth Kwon was the Inter-collegiate Ladies National Senior Champ in 2007. She skated for Miami University (Ohio).

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
True story from my evening commute:

You see the "MK" logo on a Michael Kors bag and think "Huh? Is Michelle starting a fashion line?"

(I've been seeing those bags for years w/ nary a thought of Michelle. Must be the GS influence... :slink:)

anyanka

Record Breaker

You see the "MK" logo on a Michael Kors bag and think "Huh? Is Michelle starting a fashion line?"

(I've been seeing those bags for years w/ nary a thought of Michelle. Must be the GS influence... :slink:)

OK I thought I was the only one ...

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker

Ahem, to that I'll add for a while I thought MK Blades were named after Michelle. The MK actually stands for Mitchel & King, though I still like to think they stand for the Kween.:biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I left work early and got into trouble just to watch GPF on TV and I already knew the results:slink:

DianaSelene

Medalist
I left work early and got into trouble just to watch GPF on TV and I already knew the results:slink:

Our confessions are just getting worse and worse -- the more I stay on this thread, the more I realize how much figure skating has become a part of my life although I do not skate at all.

...And I do understand skipping an organic chemistry class to watch an event is not good but I did it anyways. :p

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
IMO, leaving work early or skipping organic chem to watch an FS event are both perfectly logical. Then again, this is a thread re: being obsessed w/ FS. Which means that logic isn't exactly a priority... :biggrin:

I figure as long as nobody is stalking anyone or otherwise turning into Hannibal Lecter, it's all good.

Ahem, to that I'll add for a while I thought MK Blades were named after Michelle. The MK actually stands for Mitchel & King, though I still like to think they stand for the Kween.

Yup...that, too!

Icey

Record Breaker
If you come up with a complete guide to fixing the scoring system as Blades of Passion did in another thread.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I figure as long as nobody is stalking anyone or otherwise turning into Hannibal Lecter, it's all good.

None of you here appear to be Jason's creepy stalker, so you're all good.

I have another one: when your brain's default spelling has gone to "Artur" and not "Arthur".

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
The times I've stayed up until 6am watching events across the globe are too numerous to name, but this is the first year my friends caught on in all the post-Sochi madness, and I even convinced them watching the gala live on their laptops was a good move.

'Let me guess, you stayed up until sunrise watching skating and slept in?' -an actual text a friend sent to me when I slept until noon after Worlds this year

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
The times I've stayed up until 6am watching events across the globe are too numerous to name, but this is the first year my friends caught on in all the post-Sochi madness, and I even convinced them watching the gala live on their laptops was a good move.

'Let me guess, you stayed up until sunrise watching skating and slept in?' -an actual text a friend sent to me when I slept until noon after Worlds this year

This year's Worlds was my first time. Had to bail out around 4 AM -- but then I went to work! (Earning a living puts such a cramp on my style...)

96skiluvr

On the Ice
You discover via Twitter or Instagram that a skater who you're a fan of is vacationing in the same city in which you live, and you immediately freak out and hope that you'll somehow run into them

ice coverage

Record Breaker
You discover via Twitter or Instagram that a skater who you're a fan of is vacationing in the same city in which you live, and you immediately freak out and hope that you'll somehow run into them

Hope that some day you will have an incredible stroke of luck, as I recently did. :yes:
Totally by serendipity, on a random local sidewalk, I found myself a few feet away from one of my favorite skaters. I was aware from his social media that he was in the general region for a couple of SOI and other appearances, but I never would have dreamed that I would have a chance sighting.
He happened to be roaming around by himself on a day off, and he graciously stopped for a not-so-brief one-on-one conversation. A surreal and thoroughly enjoyable encounter for me.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hope that some day you will have an incredible stroke of luck, as I recently did. :yes:
Totally by serendipity, on a random local sidewalk, I found myself a few feet away from one of my favorite skaters. I was aware from his social media that he was in the general region for a couple of SOI and other appearances, but I never would have dreamed that I would have a chance sighting.
He graciously stopped for a not-so-brief one-on-one conversation. A surreal and thoroughly enjoyable encounter for me.

Great story...but aren't you going to tell us who it was???? No fair! :confused: :biggrin:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He happened to be roaming around by himself on a day off, and he graciously stopped for a not-so-brief one-on-one conversation. A surreal and thoroughly enjoyable encounter for me.

Come on golden, you can't tell a story like that and leave out which skater it was! ;)

EDIT:

golden, empty your PM box!