Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 154

Thread: 13 Signs You Are Obsessed With Figure Skating

  1. #31
    Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by edenlover View Post

    You give up a week's pay to attend nationals.
    This one trumps all the rest!

  2. #32
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Definitely Linda.
    Agreed. Definitely Linda. Sorry Anyanka, I didn't catch your tag earlier.

  3. #33
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    This one trumps all the rest!
    Believe me, it was worth it!

  4. #34
    Custom Title DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,205
    I knew I was obsessed when I watched the movie Out of Africa after seeing Savchenko/Szolkowy skate to the soundtrack and liking really liking the music. Also, I have heard the East of Eden music so often that I feel like actually watching the movie -- that's on my to do list.

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    253
    2/13, I don't even think I like this sport now, just find here is so fun

  6. #36
    Gotta Have Music iluvtodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10,698
    Quote Originally Posted by edenlover View Post
    Other indicators:

    You check in with figure skating boards daily, sometimes even two or three times a day.

    You have past performances bookmarked on your favorites list.

    You give up a week's pay to attend nationals.

    You've got Michelle Kwan memorabilia that dates back to the early 90's.

    You have a world's program from 1987 (Cincinnati)

    You watch skating videos nightly.

    I consider myself to be addicted and so does my hubby.


    You buy CDs of movie soundtracks that you've enjoyed in figure skating even if you haven't seen or had no intention of seeing.

    You play games in the car when a song comes on the radio, and your passenger (if he/she is a fs fan) jokingly asks, "Who skates to this?"

    When you hear the name "Elvis," your first thought is the skater, not the singer.

    When you hear the name "Honda," you think "Takeshi Honda," not the car company.

    Your friends call you up on the phone to remind you when fs in on.

    Your friends ask you about Olympic contenders every four years.

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    Got 4/13, and then 4/6
    Same here, although I'm still not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing....

  8. #38
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    I knew I was obsessed when I watched the movie Out of Africa after seeing Savchenko/Szolkowy skate to the soundtrack and liking really liking the music. Also, I have heard the East of Eden music so often that I feel like actually watching the movie -- that's on my to do list.
    I'm not sure if East of Eden is based from John Steinbeck's novel or not. Although I love the dramatic and romantic sweep of the music, it seems an odd emotional fit to the novel.

    East of Eden is about a good guy who marries a not-good girl. She cheats with his bad-boy brother on their honeymoon and eventually deserts him.

  9. #39
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,024
    Wasn't East of Eden from the 1955 movie soundtrack or the TV soundtrack? Either Rosenman or Holdridge?
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Film-Music.../dp/B000005J43

    http://www.amazon.com/East-Eden-Pict.../dp/B000003JVE

    I think it was Holdridge??
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 06-06-2014 at 09:27 AM.

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyenghita View Post
    2/13, I don't even think I like this sport now, just find here is so fun
    And here I thought my three out of thirteen was bad, lol. What is a butterfly, anyway?!

  11. #41
    Custom Title DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Wasn't East of Eden from the 1955 movie soundtrack or the TV soundtrack? Either Rosenman or Holdridge?
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Film-Music.../dp/B000005J43

    http://www.amazon.com/East-Eden-Pict.../dp/B000003JVE

    I think it was Holdridge??
    I think Lee Holdridge composed the music for the 1981 TV miniseries East of Eden.
    And TontoK, I think it is based on Steinbeck's novel.

  12. #42
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Agreed. Definitely Linda. Sorry Anyanka, I didn't catch your tag earlier.
    All good.

  13. #43
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post


    You buy CDs of movie soundtracks that you've enjoyed in figure skating even if you haven't seen or had no intention of seeing.

    You play games in the car when a song comes on the radio, and your passenger (if he/she is a fs fan) jokingly asks, "Who skates to this?"

    When you hear the name "Elvis," your first thought is the skater, not the singer.

    When you hear the name "Honda," you think "Takeshi Honda," not the car company.

    Your friends call you up on the phone to remind you when fs in on.

    Your friends ask you about Olympic contenders every four years.
    5/6 for me!!

  14. #44
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    8
    You see a thread like this on Golden Skate and you immediately copy the URL and send it to your friends.

  15. #45
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    I knew I was obsessed when I watched the movie Out of Africa after seeing Savchenko/Szolkowy skate to the soundtrack and liking really liking the music. Also, I have heard the East of Eden music so often that I feel like actually watching the movie -- that's on my to do list.
    I also had my boyfriend try to wash my hair like Robert did to Meryl in Out of Africa ... except it ended up like on Sex & the City where Miranda was on her honeymoon and Steve did that, then she awkwardly yelled "ouch! I have shampoo in my eye! get it out!!" and it became painful and clumsy.

    And oh yes I bought that theme and put in on my iPod. I play it to relax during work. But I think of S/S and not of Robert and Meryl when I hear it.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •