Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 13 Signs You Are Obsessed With Figure Skating

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post

Here's a personal one for me.

(a) You are more interested in the governor's race in Rhode Island than in your own state.

(b) You understand (a).
    Yup! Although in PA, we're got to get rid of our governor (Tom Corbett), because he's been killing public education across the state! If he had his way, every school would become a charter school.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Yup! Although in PA, we're got to get rid of our governor (Tom Corbett), because he's been killing public education across the state! If he had his way, every school would become a charter school.
    I am in PA as well and I agree 100%!!

I would also like to add: you debate on taking a Russian language class you you can understand the commentary on YouTube videos

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    I would also like to add: you debate on taking a Russian language class you you can understand the commentary on YouTube videos
    1/1....

Also:

- your mood for the entire day is directly influenced by how your skaters skate
    - you started skating because of your favourite skater
    - your web browser bookmarks are 90% skating related (or more)
    - you check for skating news on your breaks at work...

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    1/1.... Also: - your mood for the entire day is directly influenced by how your skaters skate - you started skating because of your favourite skater - your web browser bookmarks are 90% skating related (or more) - you check for skating news on your breaks at work...
    4/4.....

Team Russian Silver Foxes gallavich's Avatar
    I am in PA as well and I agree 100%!!

this, as well as the people you follow on Twitter who only speak Russian...you have learned Cyrillic through osmosis (the vocab & grammar are another story)

Tripping on the Podium
    Well, let's see. Charlie's and Jason's hair. Check. Shipping Meryl and Maks. Check. The rest, OK, maybe not.

(a) You are more interested in the governor's race in Rhode Island than in your own state.

(b) You understand (a).
    This tops them all. I do understand a.

Custom Title
    Well, let's see. Charlie's and Jason's hair. Check. Shipping Meryl and Maks. Check. The rest, OK, maybe not.

(b) You understand (a).

Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    this, as well as the people you follow on Twitter who only speak Russian...you have learned Cyrillic through osmosis (the vocab & grammar are another story)
    Tell me about it! And google translate is helpful but I find myself scratching my head sometimes..

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    I only got 4. But I think what pushes me over the edge is that when my neighbors are choosing to be "high-volume" at midnight, I replay some of my favorite calming skating programs in my head

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    I can totally relate to the learning Cyrillic through osmosis comment! I'm not on Twitter, so in my case, it was mainly through looking at results for Russian Nationals!

But, I have lots of Russian and Ukrainian contacts on Facebook, and I am on the Russian social networking site vKontakte, so I get lots of practice in attempting to read Cyrillic messages (with varying levels of success! )

A few days ago, I bought a Russian desk medal on eBay. I knew from the item description that it was to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the foundation of the Udmurt ASSR. But, it arrived today. And the scary thing is, I can read nearly everything on it!

Mind you, I wouldn't even attempt to actually write something in Cyrillic on my own!

Hey, I spent 3 years at school learning German, and I never got the hang of the grammar. And it didn't have the added complication of using a different alphabet!

CaroLiza_fan

Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    I can totally relate to the learning Cyrillic through osmosis comment! I'm not on Twitter, so in my case, it was mainly through looking at results for Russian Nationals! But, I have lots of Russian and Ukrainian contacts on Facebook, and I am on the Russian social networking site vKontakte, so I get lots of practice in attempting to read Cyrillic messages (with varying levels of success! ) A few days ago, I bought a Russian desk medal on eBay. I knew from the item description that it was to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the foundation of the Udmurt ASSR. But, it arrived today. And the scary thing is, I can read nearly everything on it! Mind you, I wouldn't even attempt to actually write something in Cyrillic on my own! Hey, I spent 3 years at school learning German, and I never got the hang of the grammar. And it didn't have the added complication of using a different alphabet! CaroLiza_fan
    I need to learn this! I can never understand it!

Bored
    Well, posting in GS forum in the middle of June is an indication that needs no comments
    I think I can beat my personal obsession record by posting here (complaints about refs) during the soccer WC.

About the original article:
    You don’t trust any sports that don’t involve glitter.
    This one is priceless!

Custom Title
    I need to learn this! I can never understand it!
    I can read all my faves' names in cyrillic. I got Plushenko first, but I can also read Gachinski, Menshov and Voronov now. Still working on the others.

Custom Title
    I've tried to teach myself Korean once.... (to understand this person's blog...), but that failed....

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    I grew up in PA. Haven't been following the gov race there (nor Rhode Island ) & was dismayed to see your post re: pub educ. Very upsetting.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast