Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 13 Signs You Are Obsessed With Figure Skating

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    True story from my evening commute:

You see the "MK" logo on a Michael Kors bag and think "Huh? Is Michelle starting a fashion line?"

(I've been seeing those bags for years w/ nary a thought of Michelle. Must be the GS influence... )
    Ahem, to that I'll add for a while I thought MK Blades were named after Michelle. The MK actually stands for Mitchel & King, though I still like to think they stand for the Kween.

Watching the European championships live from Budapest at 3 A.M. in Kentucky...
    Is that obsessed?

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I left work early and got into trouble just to watch GPF on TV and I already knew the results

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I left work early and got into trouble just to watch GPF on TV and I already knew the results
    Our confessions are just getting worse and worse -- the more I stay on this thread, the more I realize how much figure skating has become a part of my life although I do not skate at all.

...And I do understand skipping an organic chemistry class to watch an event is not good but I did it anyways.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    IMO, leaving work early or skipping organic chem to watch an FS event are both perfectly logical. Then again, this is a thread re: being obsessed w/ FS. Which means that logic isn't exactly a priority...

I figure as long as nobody is stalking anyone or otherwise turning into Hannibal Lecter, it's all good.

Ahem, to that I'll add for a while I thought MK Blades were named after Michelle. The MK actually stands for Mitchel & King, though I still like to think they stand for the Kween.
    Yup...that, too!

Custom Title
    If you come up with a complete guide to fixing the scoring system as Blades of Passion did in another thread.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    I figure as long as nobody is stalking anyone or otherwise turning into Hannibal Lecter, it's all good.
    None of you here appear to be Jason's creepy stalker, so you're all good.

I have another one: when your brain's default spelling has gone to "Artur" and not "Arthur".

Custom Title
    I have started to refer to a major Hollywood movie star as "Yulia Roberts".

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    The times I've stayed up until 6am watching events across the globe are too numerous to name, but this is the first year my friends caught on in all the post-Sochi madness, and I even convinced them watching the gala live on their laptops was a good move.

'Let me guess, you stayed up until sunrise watching skating and slept in?' -an actual text a friend sent to me when I slept until noon after Worlds this year

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    If you come up with a complete guide to fixing the scoring system as Blades of Passion did in another thread.
    Blades of Obsession

Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    The times I've stayed up until 6am watching events across the globe are too numerous to name, but this is the first year my friends caught on in all the post-Sochi madness, and I even convinced them watching the gala live on their laptops was a good move.

'Let me guess, you stayed up until sunrise watching skating and slept in?' -an actual text a friend sent to me when I slept until noon after Worlds this year
    This year's Worlds was my first time. Had to bail out around 4 AM -- but then I went to work! (Earning a living puts such a cramp on my style...)

Custom Title
    You discover via Twitter or Instagram that a skater who you're a fan of is vacationing in the same city in which you live, and you immediately freak out and hope that you'll somehow run into them

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    You discover via Twitter or Instagram that a skater who you're a fan of is vacationing in the same city in which you live, and you immediately freak out and hope that you'll somehow run into them
    Hope that some day you will have an incredible stroke of luck, as I recently did.
    Totally by serendipity, on a random local sidewalk, I found myself a few feet away from one of my favorite skaters. I was aware from his social media that he was in the general region for a couple of SOI and other appearances, but I never would have dreamed that I would have a chance sighting.
    He happened to be roaming around by himself on a day off, and he graciously stopped for a not-so-brief one-on-one conversation. A surreal and thoroughly enjoyable encounter for me.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Hope that some day you will have an incredible stroke of luck, as I recently did.
    Totally by serendipity, on a random local sidewalk, I found myself a few feet away from one of my favorite skaters. I was aware from his social media that he was in the general region for a couple of SOI and other appearances, but I never would have dreamed that I would have a chance sighting.
    He graciously stopped for a not-so-brief one-on-one conversation. A surreal and thoroughly enjoyable encounter for me.
    Great story...but aren't you going to tell us who it was???? No fair!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    He happened to be roaming around by himself on a day off, and he graciously stopped for a not-so-brief one-on-one conversation. A surreal and thoroughly enjoyable encounter for me.
    Come on golden, you can't tell a story like that and leave out which skater it was!

EDIT:

golden, empty your PM box!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast