Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 13 Signs You Are Obsessed With Figure Skating

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    golden, empty your PM box!
    Ditto!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Hope that some day you will have an incredible stroke of luck, as I recently did.
    Totally by serendipity, on a random local sidewalk, I found myself a few feet away from one of my favorite skaters. I was aware from his social media that he was in the general region for a couple of SOI and other appearances, but I never would have dreamed that I would have a chance sighting.
    He happened to be roaming around by himself on a day off, and he graciously stopped for a not-so-brief one-on-one conversation. A surreal and thoroughly enjoyable encounter for me.
    We must know MORE.

Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    True story from my evening commute:

You see the "MK" logo on a Michael Kors bag and think "Huh? Is Michelle starting a fashion line?"

(I've been seeing those bags for years w/ nary a thought of Michelle. Must be the GS influence... )

Yes, golden, please share more about your encounter with the SOI cast member!

Custom Title
    Here's another sign:

When you rip apart a carefully put-together schedule for your Friday night because you heard that your favourite ice dancers are going to be performing in town.

Here's another sign:

When you rip apart a carefully put-together schedule for your Friday night because you heard that your favourite ice dancers are going to be performing in town.
    Well, dinner and a movie is one thing. The real question is: did that schedule include expensive, hard-to-get non-refundable concert or theater tickets?

Custom Title
    Well, dinner and a movie is one thing. The real question is: did that schedule include expensive, hard-to-get non-refundable concert or theater tickets?
    Not expensive, but non-refundable football tickets. Fortunately I think I can make it to both. The schedule has been recompiled but I might miss kickoff.

Here's another sign:

Or more crucial if it also was a date with a person you have been secretaly in love with for a long time.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Or more crucial if it also was a date with a person you have been secretaly in love with for a long time.
    Well the obvious answer to that is, Bring them--and convert them! If they are unwilling to be converted, dump them. Trust me, it's more merciful--to both of you!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Well the obvious answer to that is, Bring them--and convert them! If they are unwilling to be converted, dump them. Trust me, it's more merciful--to both of you!
    Or you could expose them to it, and if he or she still doesn't get weirded out by your obsession, then you'll know that your date is a keeper.
    And if you need a night to yourself, send your date out while you watch GP on a wonky live stream and say "leave me alone! It's my thing!" :P

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Aha...that definitely ups the ante, doesn't it? In that case, might be inclined to skip the ice dance -- which means I'm probably not as obsessed as I thought!

Rinkside
    When you hear a piece of music, instead of naming the artist who sings/plays it you name the skater(s) who makes that music memorable. I used to subscribe to skating magazines - Blades on Ice and International Figure Skating - before the information became abundant on the internet. Can that be considered "addicted".

^ Absolutely! Re: identifying the music through the skater who made it so memorable, I do it all the time (and I suspect a lot of us do)!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    When you bond with your grandson via knowing the music from Assassin's Creed is by Woodkid, (but you know that because Papadakis & Cizeron skated to it).

generally interested fan Esopian's Avatar
    Only about 5/13 for me, surpringly. I love to watch figure skating, but don't know too many details about technical and scoring.

Custom Title
    Talk today of "Russia vs. South Korea" at the world cup.
    Of course I immediately thought "are Adelina and Yuna having a re-match?!?!"
    Imagine my disappointment.
    Pout, ugly-cry, whine.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast