Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Skaters and Their Signature Moves, Elements & Programs

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Finally found that gorgeous 180 Charlotte spiral Adelina did...right into a 3T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uo74-LO7y0#t=147

I'd love to see her incorporate that move into her programs this year. So few people can hit a full 180 Charlotte. It's a very effective move when it's used correctly.
    Woww, I would love to see Adelina do that in competition, she has such a lovely extension, I think it's unlikely she'll do a solo 3T in a competition though, she could go for another jump such as the 3S

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunchii View Post
    Woww, I would love to see Adelina do that in competition, she has such a lovely extension, I think it's unlikely she'll do a solo 3T in a competition though, she could go for another jump such as the 3S
    Or she could possibly do a 2A. She could hold the RBO edge (curve it more) and step forward into the axel. It'd be a similar entrance to the one she used in her SP this year.

Tripping on the Podium
    Can't decide which one. Irina Slutskaya and Carolina Kostner's triple loop after the running three turns. Can't think of anyone else who performs the loop off that sort of difficult entrance.

I love this thread, which makes me remember so many skaters I liked once.

Still, I want to say loudly, "3A belongs to Midori"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SOgMe-MpII
    I'm addicted to her jumps, power & joy

Quote Originally Posted by lady_bee View Post
    I love this thread, which makes me remember so many skaters I liked once.

Still, I want to say loudly, "3A belongs to Midori"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SOgMe-MpII
    I'm addicted to her jumps, power & joy
    Powerful 3A belongs to Midori, elegant 3A belongs to Mao, long distance 3A belongs to Han, and a perfect 3A belongs to Yuzuru.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin99 View Post
    Powerful 3A belongs to Midori, elegant 3A belongs to Mao, long distance 3A belongs to Han, and a perfect 3A belongs to Yuzuru.
    I totally agree! It's hard to say whose axel I like more of Hanyu or Yan... I think I like Yan's more because it's just so insanely massive. Hanyu's I can appreciate for its difficulty, but I get more of a jaw dropping wow factor from Yan's, personally.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Not to take anything away from the other skaters mentioned, but I'll always think of the 3A as Midori's special signature b/c she was the first woman to land one in competition (1988) and at the Olympics (1992).

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10