Skaters and Their Signature Moves, Elements & Programs | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Skaters and Their Signature Moves, Elements & Programs

TMC

Record Breaker
I agree that it will be what most people remember right now (until Rohene's next masterpiece anyway!) but it's actually not my favourite long program of his. Liebestraume tops my list, followed by Nessun Dorma, then Riverdance. But I guess that's just because I'm a fan.

If we're talking signature programs, Max hasn't yet outdone Tron.

I know what you mean - as a fan, my favourite short of Jason's is Grand Guignol and my favourite long is a tie between Turandot & Riverdance. But I think that in the general consciousness of skating fans and the casual watcher, Riverdance will be what people first think when they think of Jason. Even people who never watch skating saw that Youtube video and know him as "that Irish jig skater guy". 4+ million views! Of course we don't know what fantastic tricks Rohene has planned for the coming seasons, but I will be (happily) surprised if they can create something even more iconic!

As for Max, I agree that Tron is his signature program. Perhaps partly because that program also interested a lot of non-skating fans.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
:agree: :yes: I used to wait for those spirals in all of her programs. And the big smile that went with them -- icing on the cake!

And her smile showed her joy while she skated. Gosh I miss seeing her compete and can't believe it's been since Worlds 2005!

76olympics

On the Ice
But not way before my time; thank you for reminding me ( about John Misha, not my age):biggrin:

Don't worry, el henry. I was definitely alive (LOL!) during his era. I just wasn't watching skating yet! I became a fan during the 1976 Olympics when I was 12 ( hence my user name).

edenlover

On the Ice
And her smile showed her joy while she skated. Gosh I miss seeing her compete and can't believe it's been since Worlds 2005!

That seems like yesterday. Twinner, were you on MKF? I think we spend so much time rewatching her skates on you tube or our tapes that she's still part of our lives. Yep, THE LEGEND.

edenlover

On the Ice
Tai and Randy....gorgeous Ina Bauer and a move that I don't know the name of but each turns the other using both hands/fists. Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about here.

Are you talking about the Pull Arabians? I believe it was an original move for them.

desertskates

Medalist
Programs--
gold medal: Michelle Lyra Angelica
silver medal: Michelle Salome
bronze medal: Yulia Shindler's list

Signature style
gold: Yuna for security and elegance
silver: Michelle the same
bronze: Ashley for "almost girl" (which is unfortunate because I'm a fan)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:
Don't worry, el henry. I was definitely alive (LOL!) during his era. I just wasn't watching skating yet! I became a fan during the 1976 Olympics when I was 12 ( hence my user name).
Not that far behind you, started out with Janet Lynn and Toller Cranston in the early (very early) 70s. Glad to hear that I am not old enough to be everyone's mother on these boards.:eek:

neraiselle

On the Ice
Love what others have put down. I'd add Yuna's Ina Bauer into Double Axel and Matt Savoie's difficult and different entries before jumps.