Skaters and Their Signature Moves, Elements & Programs | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Skaters and Their Signature Moves, Elements & Programs

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I also love her haircutter and one-hand beilmann spin! They looks so seamless from going to the haircutter position then to her beilmann position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rrC93Oe2QE

I think Adelina should incorporate Charlotte spirals into her programs. No one really does them...well, no one does them all that well. I liked Ashley's Charlotte in her ChSq for S&D but she never hits a vertical position.

In a video someone posted of Adelina improvising at a gala, she did a gorgeous Charlotte spiral. Full extension, total 180...it was lovely. I'd like to see her add those in next season.

pointyourtoe

On the Ice
I'm confused
Most of the time Charlotte stops aren't considered true spirals since they're on a flat (unless it's a forward charlotte, often done as a transition from an arabesque). But when the spiral sequence was taken out and then put into the choreography sequence, maybe the rules became more relaxed which is why Ashley was able to do a charlotte on a flat????

http://www.usfsa.org/content/First Aid Singles.pdf

I just checked the rules and it says the spiral HAS to be done on an edge. So how did Ashley get credit for her Charlotte?

mskater93

Record Breaker
Here is the technical aid verbiage. I don't see where it says the spiral must be on an edge, only that the skater must stop in the spiral position of choice (must not be a kick):
The choreographic sequence consist of any kind of movements such as steps, turns, spirals, arabesques, spread eagles, Ina Bauers, hydroblading, transitional (unlisted) jumps, spinning movements etc. A Choreographic Sequence for Ladies must include at least one spiral (not a kick) of any length. The Sequence commences with the first move and is concluded with the last move of the skater. The pattern is not restricted, but the Sequence must fully utilize the ice surface. If this requirement is not fulfilled, the Sequence will have no value. The Choreographic Sequence is included in Free Skating and has to be performed after the Step Sequence. The Choreographic Sequence has a base value and will be evaluated by the judges in GOE only.

amc987

On the Ice
signature programs:

Kwan- Rachmaninoff SP, Lyra Angelica, Salome, Tosca
Cohen- Dark Eyes, Romeo and Juliet
Slutskaya- Serenade SP ('01-'02), Wonderland LP
Kim- Tango de Roxane, Bond, Gershwin Concerto in F
Asada- Nocturne, Bells of Moscow, Rachmaninoff (Sochi)
Kostner- Ave Maria, Bolero, Allegretto SP

Chan- Rachmaninoff LP
Abbott- Muse LP, Saint-Saens LP (US Nationals)
Takahashi- Blues for Klook LP; Moonlight Sonata SP
Browning- Casablanca LP
Yagudin- Man in the Iron Mask LP

Virtue/Moir- Mahler FD
Davis/ White- Bollywood SD, Scheherazade FD

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Cecilia Collage's camel spin and double jumps
Sonja Henie's iconic blonde hair, theatrical and mini skirt costumes

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That counts as moves on ice? :unsure:

Well...you can get deductions for your costumes and hairpins can fall out of even the blondest of hair. So maybe just barely. See...I too can stretch as much as one of Lipnitskaya's signature spins :slink:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
That counts as moves on ice? :unsure:

Well, come to think of it, weren't Henie's dresses a lot shorter than what women had been wearing until then? From that perspective, I guess you could make the argument that her costumes were signature/iconic b/c of how much they influenced everyone else's. And since they were shorter, they certainly did show a lot more of her moves...

OK, OK, so I'm pushing it a little. Feeling generous & trying to give someone the benefit of the doubt! :biggrin:

vlaurend

Final Flight
Has anyone mentioned Jonathan Cassar's spread eagles? Love love them....

Agreed! Another favorite move that comes to mind is Rohene Ward's split 3-turn (although he was not the first to do it). RFO edge, drop down into a split with right foot in front, pull back up and continue footwork without skipping a beat!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Agreed! Another favorite move that comes to mind is Rohene Ward's split 3-turn (although he was not the first to do it). RFO edge, drop down into a split with right foot in front, pull back up and continue footwork without skipping a beat!

Can someone please post a video link if it's available? Sounds lovely!

Enero

On the Ice
Don't know if these have been mentioned:

Barbara Fusar-Poli's glare of death at the 2006 Olympics. :laugh:

Seriously though:

Tara Lipinski's - 3loop/3loop
Caroline Zhang's - Pearl Spin
Timothy Gable - Quad King
Natalia Mishkutunek - Flexibility