http://www.icesk8r.com/2001worlds/men/stojko.html

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 53.2%

• Total voters

mpal2

Final Flight
I still haven't figured out if I like Eman's spin or not. Doesn't Lambiel do this one as well and who was the girl that used to do this? What do you even call this spin?

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I don't like this spin, I admire that any skater can get into that position...but I just find it kinda ugly.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Actually, the first person I ever saw do this spin was Julia Sebestyen, a few years ago. She used to have a lot of interesting spin variations she doesn't seem to do anymore. That may have been who you were thinking of, mpal.

I like it. I'm a spin fan and am always in favor of seeing interesting variations of them. However, I would like to see a picture of it from a different angle; this is about the 4th or 5th picture of Emanuel I have seen in this position, the most notorious one being quite large and full color on the cover of the Vancouver Sun during the 2001 Worlds. Every time one walked by a Sun vending machine, it was like getting mooned every 3 blocks!!:D :laugh:

mpal2

Final Flight
Thanks JohnnyCoop, I was thinking of Julia.

I have to agree about the mooning part as well, but that was the only picture I could find. Sorry! :laugh:

I'll have to go back through the tapes, but how is Jeff's variation different?

SusanBeth

Final Flight
On principal, I'm for skaters trying to come up with new moves/variations. It's not the most elegant of moves, but I'm tired of cookie cutter skating.

I like what SusanBeth said. I, too, like originality....I enjoy spins, spirals, footwork more than jumps to be honest and anyone who can come up with something different and new is fine by me. I don't see where it's all that unattractive of a position...I mean, look at what positions gymnasts get into...
So, I voted YES, I like the spin.

bronxgirl

Medalist
Like so many others, I also like originality. But this move is just plain ugly to me, so I had to vote no...

Koroleva

On the Ice
I as well like originality but there is a fine line between being original and something being "butt" ugly. ;)

icenut84

Final Flight
It's not the most attractive position in the world, but it certainly requires flexibility and great balance. I enjoy seeing people doing different things and being original, so I voted yes. :)

Since flexibility is a big deal in this forum, I suppose the spin should be given in the technical but for the presentation it appears to me as a Whooops, I slipped.

Joe

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
As I said in the main forum, when this spin is in motion it isn't that bad. I also like it because most of the skaters who do this spin can do it really fast and I love fast spinners.

Laura :)

takura

On the Ice
dlkksk8fan said:
I prefer not to look at ones buttock twirling around in a circle.
I think it should be called the hey every one look at my butt spin :laugh:,he he he!