5. Andrei LAZUKIN

Ladies Main Team
1. Julia LIPNITSKAIA
2. Anna POGORILAYA
3. Elena RADIONOVA
4. Adelina SOTNIKOVA
Ladies Reserve Team
1. Maria ARTEMIEVA
2. Sofia BIRYUKOVA (team was formed before she gone to pairs)
3. Nikol GOSVIANI
4. Alena LEONOVA
5. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA

Dance Main Team
1. Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
2. Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN
3. Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
Dance Reserve Team
1. Valeria ZENKOVA / Valerie SINITSIN
2. Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN
3. Evgenia KOSIGINA / Nikolai MOROSHKIN
4. Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV

We see:
- all best skaters/couples included,
- all split couples are in Reserve Team.

Btw, Biryukova will have all bonuses of being in Reserve team, regardless she is pair skater.

Country
Russia
Junirs Team
Junior Pairs
1. Anastasia Gubanova / Alexey Sintsov
2. Anastasia Kholkina / Vladimir Arkhipov
3. Arina CHERNIAVSKAIA / Antonino SOUZA-KORDYERU

Junior Men
1. Daniil Bernadiner
2. Alexey Genya
3. Igor Efimchuk
4. Murad KURBANOV
5. Alexander PETROV
6. Alexander SAMARIN

Junior Ladies
1. Alsu KAIUMOVA
2. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
3. Alexandra PROKLOVA
4. Serafima SAKHANOVICH
5. Maria SOTSKOVA
6. Elizaveta IUSHENKO

Junior Ice Dance
1. Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD
2. Daria MOROZOVA / Mikhail ZHIRNOV
3. Betina POPOVA / Yuri VLASENKO
4. Eva KHACHATURIAN / Andrei BAGIN
5. Anna YANOVSKAYA / Sergey MOZGOV

Boys, Girls (born at 1995-2002)
Pairs
1. Anastasia Poluyanova / Stepan Korotkov
2. Maria Chuzhanova / Denis Mintsev

Boys
1. Dmitry Aliev
2. Nikolay Gerasimov
3. Petr Gumennik
4. Alexey Erokhov
5. Vladimir Samoilov
6. Ilya Skirda
7. Pavel Yuferov
Boys Reserve
1. Artem Frolov
2. Eugene Semenenko
3. Matvey Vetlyugin
(all three boys are very young - born at 2003)

Girls
1. Victoria Bezrukova
2. Anastasia Gubanova
3. Polina Drynkina
4. Diana Pervushkina
5. Polina Tsurskaya
Girls Reserve
1. Victoria Vasilieva
2. Ekaterina Ryabova
3. Anna Tarusina
(all three girls are very young - born at 2003)

Ice Dance
1. Sofia EVDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN
2. Ksenia Konkina / Georgiy Revia
3. Sofia Polischuk / Alkexander Vakhnov
4. Anastasia Skoptsova / Kirill Alyoshin
5. Anastasia Khromova / Yuri Karasev
6. Anastasia Shilevaya / Grigory Smirnov
Ice Dance, reserve
1. Polina Kalinina / Maxim Nekrasov

Synchronized Skating
Senior
1. Paradize from St.Petersburg
2. Tatarstan from Kazan
3. Dream Team from Samara

Junior
1. Spartak-Yunost from Ekaterinburg
2. Idel from Kazan

YLFan

Match Penalty
The only thing I don't get is why Nugumanova is not listed in the girls. The only girl in that age group on her level imo is Gubanova.

Country
Russia
The only thing I don't get is why Nugumanova is not listed in the girls. The only girl in that age group on her level is Gubanova.
Gubanova is significantly better than Nugumanova.

Only medalists of Zhuk Memorial are included in Team Russia. Nugumanova was 4th, Gubanova 3rd at Zhuk Memorial.
Gubanova also won Crystal Skate and was much better than Nugumanova at Russian Cup Events (Junior) - 1st and 3rd places, she qualified to JrNats and was 7th at JrNats, ahead members of Team Russia Kaiumova, Kolomiets, Bezrukova, Drynkina.

YLFan

Match Penalty
I do agree that Gubanova is a phenom and I am a big fan of hers. But you think the other girls are better than Nugumanova? I don't.

Country
Russia
I do agree that Gubanova is a phenom and I am a big fan of hers. But you think the other girls are better than Nugumanova? I don't.

There are not formal reasons to include Nugumanova in Team Russia.
Her results at national level - 10 and 12 places at Russian Cup Events (Junior) and 4th place at Zhuk Memorial.

Bezrukova (2nd at Zhuk Memorial, 3rd at Final of Russian Cup Junior), Drynkina (1st at Nats Elder Age), Kolomiets (2nd at Final of Russian Cup Juniors and Nats Elder Age), Pervushkina (3rd at Nats Elder Age), Tsurskaya (1st at Final of Cup of Russia Junior) have good results in season. And because of these results they are included.

hanca

Record Breaker
There are a few names included that are weird.

For example, why is Diana Pervushkina in the younger juniors (or novice?) team when age wise she is old enough to be in seniors? If she is not good enough for juniors or seniors, why is she on the team at all?

Why is Rogonov and his new partner on the reserve team, whereas Martiusheva and her new partner are not?

Gainedtinova and Bich don't even skate together any more, but they are still in the reserve team (and their new partners are not).

Sofia Biriukova was also quite lucky, but even if the Federation did not know that she plans to do pairs, why were her results considered to be good enough to be on the reserve team?

What about Gerasimova and Stavitskaya? They both lost the majority of the last season due to their injury, and now they are completely off team. Wouldn't they deserve to be in reserve team to have a chance to prove themselves? When Shershak was injured, she was not skating the whole season while being kept on the reserve team, and the following season (when already healthy) she remained on the reserve team to have a chance to prove herself.

Why is Chernivskaya-Souza Kordyeru on the junior team if they are not going to be junior eligible? They should be either in senior team, or (if not good enough for senior team) in reserve or be off the team.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Kavaguti/Smirnov, Bazarova/Deputat and Sinitsina/Katsalapov are reserves on the list, how insulting
I guess this doesn't make any difference except just a roster and funding difference ?

Country
Russia
There are a few names included that are weird.
It is always so, because Team Russia has not formal criteria like Team USA.

For example, why is Diana Pervushkina in the younger juniors (or novice?) team when age wise she is old enough to be in seniors? If she is not good enough for juniors or seniors, why is she on the team at all?
It is absolutely normal.
Level of team means level of bonuses and privilegies.
Pervushkina did not deserve level of Senior or Junior Team, but deserved level of Boys, Girls. She is young (born 22 Jun 1998), she progresses. Leonova and Artemieva progressed being elder, and Leonova is Worlds medalist. Pervushkina also may progress to international level (in fact, she is at international level for any team except Russia, she is not worse than, for example, Tyler Pierce or Miyabi Oba).

Why is Rogonov and his new partner on the reserve team, whereas Martiusheva and her new partner are not?

Gainedtinova and Bich don't even skate together any more, but they are still in the reserve team (and their new partners are not).
I don't know

Sofia Biriukova was also quite lucky, but even if the Federation did not know that she plans to do pairs, why were her results considered to be good enough to be on the reserve team?
She won Universiade.

What about Gerasimova and Stavitskaya? They both lost the majority of the last season due to their injury, and now they are completely off team. Wouldn't they deserve to be in reserve team to have a chance to prove themselves? When Shershak was injured, she was not skating the whole season while being kept on the reserve team, and the following season (when already healthy) she remained on the reserve team to have a chance to prove herself.
Shershak after 2011/2012 season looked as haveing good chance to progress.
And before Sochi Olympics Federation had more money than now.
Maybe, because of this.

Why is Chernivskaya-Souza Kordyeru on the junior team if they are not going to be junior eligible? They should be either in senior team, or (if not good enough for senior team) in reserve or be off the team.
Yes, it is not understandable.

hanca

Record Breaker
Let's compare Gachinsky and Leonova. Leonova and Tuktamysheva are on reserve team and Gachinsky is on main team? While I agree that Leonova and Tuktamysheva did not have the results to be on the main team because Sotnokova, Pogorilaya, Radionova and Lipnitskaya are much better than them, I think Gachinsky should be on the reserve team too. But his coach is Tarasova...

hanca

Record Breaker

Shershak after 2011/2012 season looked as haveing good chance to progress.
And before Sochi Olympics Federation had more money than now.
Maybe, because of this.

Then they should treat Gerasimova and Stavitskaya at least the same way as Pervushkina. If they are not deemed good enough for seniors or juniors, slot them to younger junior/novice. It wasn't Gerasimova and Stavitskaya's fault that they were injured. Stavitskaya came back from injury and won one of the Russian cup competitions. Unfortunately it was the last one and therefore she did not qualify to the nationals because she did only one Russian cup whereas others did two. But that should say enough about her skating if she managed to win it. I feel it is unfair.

makaihime

Final Flight
Let's compare Gachinsky and Leonova. Leonova and Tuktamysheva are on reserve team and Gachinsky is on main team? While I agree that Leonova and Tuktamysheva did not have the results to be on the main team because Sotnokova, Pogorilaya, Radionova and Lipnitskaya are much better than them, I think Gachinsky should be on the reserve team too. But his coach is Tarasova...

There's no way the russian feds will put Gachinski on reserve, not with Tarasova politicking for him :rolleye: But he'll really need to step it up results wise this upcoming season otherwise I'm not sure if even tat could save him.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Could someone explain to me the difference between being on the main team and being a reserve?

I hope Artur really proves himself next season. Hopefully Tarasova will be good for dealing with his internal issues, rather than just politics.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
If Artur will fall totally irrelevant who is his coach..I hope he can handle the pressure.