Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Team Russia for 2014/2015 Season

umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastasi14 View Post
    Maybe Y/M want to win the Junior Worlds, but i don't really think they need it. With this splits, Y/M could have a great chance to show themselves as a senior team. And in next season who knows how it will be and how strong will be the new pairs. I think miss their real chance.
    That's exactly what I think. Who cares about JW anyway? Next year they will dominate on Junior level, and will most possibly win everything. But Hawayek/Baker will be one step ahead of them on senior level.
    I still can't believe it

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow63 View Post
    That's exactly what I think. Who cares about JW anyway? Next year they will dominate on Junior level, and will most possibly win everything. But Hawayek/Baker will be one step ahead of them on senior level.
    I still can't believe it
    Same thoughts. As the reality shows it isn't easy for the juniors to become seniors and fight their place in the senior team. And i can understand why a pair decide to remain juniors when the competition in the national team is so tight, like it was in Russian team in past seasons. But the Universe gives the unbelievable opportunity to show what they are capable of and gain their place quicker (i really don't know how to name it when two of three best pairs in a team split up). Maybe it wasn't their decision? Maybe the Fed pushes them to stay juniors. Or their coach don't want to deal with two senior pairs; Because it's not easy simultaneously to work with a completely new pair, that need a lot of attention, and to train a pair who need to make a good senior impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    I'm not certain. As in, yes, he won't be a medal contender without quads. But that doesn't automatically mean they won't send him. If he skates super consistently over the next year while Menshov and Voronov do the exact opposite, they might send him to get three spots back instead of risking a 2012-style bomb. (Jason Brown got a top 10 Olympics finish without a quad, and he wasn't even pristine clean!)
    I really like Pikteev but... There is still quite a difference between his overall skating and Jason's Don't get me wrong, he has time to develop for sure, but at the moment we can't compare Jason placing in the top10 without quads but with incredible ss, transitions, step sequences and spins to Pikteev who is a very good and consistent skater even without "incredible" qualities... (With a quad, however, things could change...)

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I really like Pikteev but... There is still quite a difference between his overall skating and Jason's Don't get me wrong, he has time to develop for sure, but at the moment we can't compare Jason placing in the top10 without quads but with incredible ss, transitions, step sequences and spins to Pikteev who is a very good and consistent skater even without "incredible" qualities... (With a quad, however, things could change...)
    Pitkeev can become a great skater, he has everything to do it. But now he looks like a junior, his skating is very good but still junior. And that is not good for the components score. He need to develop a lot, and he need a better programs. Jason doesn't look like a junior and like a debutant of siniors events at all, his skating is mature and he has something special.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Or their coach don't want to deal with two senior pairs; Because it's not easy simultaneously to work with a completely new pair, that need a lot of attention, and to train a pair who need to make a good senior impression.
    This does make sense.

Custom Title
    Pitkeev can become a great skater, he has everything to do it. But now he looks like a junior, his skating is very good but still junior. And that is not good for the components score. He need to develop a lot, and he need a better programs. Jason doesn't look like a junior and like a debutant of siniors events at all, his skating is mature and he has something special.
    Considering how well Radionova did at her first senior GP and Lipnistkaya last year at GP and this year at Europeans/worlds/Olympics, and Tuktamysheva at 2 seasons ago at GP, I don't think he would have problems. The PCS are supposed to measure skating skills etc, not his size.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Considering how well Radionova did at her first senior GP and Lipnistkaya last year at GP and this year at Europeans/worlds/Olympics, and Tuktamysheva at 2 seasons ago at GP, I don't think he would have problems. The PCS are supposed to measure skating skills etc, not his size.
    But the girls had hight tech.

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    even now Adian's 3A is better than Jason's

Exactly!

Tripping on the Podium
    I didn't mean his size. His skating is juniorish, good and very promising, but still juniorish. And i wouldn't compare girls and boys. Young girls have impressive jumps they can simply over jump all their competitors (and we know the wow factor and a clean skate can affect the components). With boys different situation, they need to grow up to have a better tech. And personally i don't like the idea to push a young boys to seniors and push them to learn quads as soon as possible.

Tripping on the Podium
    Out of topic but is Pitkeev and Serafima bf/gf?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittosuni View Post
    Out of topic but is Pitkeev and Serafima bf/gf?
    Yes, They are a couple

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lazygirl View Post
    Yes, They are a couple
    Couple? You are talking about 14 year old girl!

Tripping on the Podium
    Couple? You are talking about 14 year old girl!
    And he is 16. I saw a vk accnt not sure if its the real pitkeev but he listed serafima as her gf and they have pic together

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    No, I think they qualify for two spots next year. Kovtun would've needed to place in the top 2 to earn 3 spots.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong).
    You are right.

Russia has 3 spots in all four disciplines at Euro, 3 spots in Ladies, Pairs, Dance and 2 spots in Men at Worlds.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast