Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Team Russia for 2014/2015 Season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr
    Huh that's funny, unless 170 is a larger number than 177, I'm pretty sure Khalivian is taller...

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00009763.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    when she puts on her skates, they are almost of the same height
    they are the perfect example of a mismatched couple, even more mismatched than Ilinykh / Zhiganshin
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLiinaLii
    Right. She puts her skates on and he skates on his foot.
    Interesting debate …I made screen photos from Ksenia and Kirill’s programs and I took one photos off ice.
    Off ice –
    SD and FD –

Comparing on ice and off ice –

Especially for Sky_Fly20 I put a straight line from the top of Ksenia’s head and surprisingly (mainly for Sky_Fly20), this straight line finishes under Kirill’s top of the head….

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blancanieves View Post
    This must be a comparison of the Olympic season FDs? That's the only scenario where arguing that H&D was slow would make sense. I definitely wouldn't qualify the team's overall skating in the past three years as slow. While there's much they need to work on still, from the beginning of the partnership they showcased power and speed. I'd say that between the lyrical quality/slower tempo of their music and Madison's hip injury, sure, some aspects of their skating suffered this past season. Although, bad hip or not, I think their Finnstep SD still showed quick feet.
    I was comparing Olympic season. Looking at H&D first two seasons together, their speed was OK. I wouldn't say that lyrical or slow music leads to slow skating, but hip injury could play a role in speed.
    Is it really sure that H&D are training with Zueva now?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    I was comparing Olympic season. Looking at H&D first two seasons together, their speed was OK. I wouldn't say that lyrical or slow music leads to slow skating, but hip injury could play a role in speed.
    Is it really sure that H&D are training with Zueva now?
    No, no. They're training with Krylova/Camerlengo

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    Interesting debate …I made screen photos from Ksenia and Kirill’s programs and I took one photos off ice.
    Off ice –
    SD and FD –

Comparing on ice and off ice –

Especially for Sky_Fly20 I put a straight line from the top of Ksenia’s head and surprisingly (mainly for Sky_Fly20), this straight line finishes under Kirill’s top of the head….
    Owned.

I wonder what sky_fly will say now. The angle of the camera is misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Owned.

I wonder what sky_fly will say now. The angle of the camera is misleading?
    ....no she will say that the ISU bio is all lies and that Monko is really 180 cms tall, 3 cms taller than Kirill but has perfected the art of the hidden knee bend to make her look shorter than his 177 cms

But seriously, I saw them in the flesh in Nice last year, and she is definitely at least 7 cms shorter than him.
    She has also recently slimmed down a lot and looks much more petite.
    Their technique is excellent, they are very versatile, and with all the splits in Russia, they should have a great season, and to sky_fly's ultimate annoyance, could end up going to Euros

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blancanieves View Post
    No, no. They're training with Krylova/Camerlengo
    Thanks for info, I heard somewhere that they changed. But Paul & Islam changed coaches and went to Zueva with Scali, right?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Not as of a month ago.
    http://instagram.com/p/oEJV9AjtlF/
    Photo of Camerlengo and his students at breakfast

Although with the crazy splits and coaching changes this, I could have missed it.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 06-15-2014 at 03:50 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Unless Brown gets a quad, I think it will be a long time before we see another US man atop or even on the World podium.
    Yes, he needs a quad, but unfortunately he is still lacking a really consistent triple axel, too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattieu View Post
    Their technique is excellent, they are very versatile, and with all the splits in Russia, they should have a great season, and to sky_fly's ultimate annoyance, could end up going to Euros
    They won't be going to Europeans. It will still be B-S, I-Z and S-K. Per recent interview from Kustarova, I-Z are working 10 hours a day. They both have a lot to prove because they want to beat their ex-partners and that's a very strong motivation. It seems that they really want it and that they are gelling well. I can't imagine that S-K would be left off the team, because although I think this pair will be behind I-Z thanks to Sinitsina, Zueva's politicking will get them internationally higher than Monko-Khaliavin could place at their first Europeans.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    They won't be going to Europeans. It will still be B-S, I-Z and S-K. Per recent interview from Kustarova, I-Z are working 10 hours a day. They both have a lot to prove because they want to beat their ex-partners and that's a very strong motivation. It seems that they really want it and that they are gelling well. I can't imagine that S-K would be left off the team, because although I think this pair will be behind I-Z thanks to Sinitsina, Zueva's politicking will get them internationally higher than Monko-Khaliavin could place at their first Europeans.
    Understood. However it's about time that M/K realize their potential. They are also motivated and they also know this year may provide them their best opportunity. Also their years of experience is a definite advantage.

Have we forgotten S/B? Its gonna be an intense nationals!

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I think she said they worked 10 hours a day with Najarro for those three days when he worked with them in Latvia, 10 hours a day every single day would be really too much for anyone, and I don't think they could obtain that much ice time (unless they train during the night) however, it is almost certain that they're training hard, but there is no reason to think that M/K and S/B are not training hard, too...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I think she said they worked 10 hours a day with Najarro for those three days when he worked with them in Latvia, 10 hours a day every single day would be really too much for anyone, and I don't think they could obtain that much ice time (unless they train during the night) however, it is almost certain that they're training hard, but there is no reason to think that M/K and S/B are not training hard, too...
    Although the ISU bios are often inaccurate, Kustarova's skaters tend to average about 50 hours of training per week during the off-season. A lot of that training involves off-ice work like ballroom, acrobatics, fitness, and ballet and not necessarily just skating. And judging by the earlier video of Najarro with Hurtado and Diaz and Papadakis and Cizeron, he does a lot of off ice work as well

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    Although the ISU bios are often inaccurate, Kustarova's skaters tend to average about 50 hours of training per week during the off-season. A lot of that training involves off-ice work like ballroom, acrobatics, fitness, and ballet and not necessarily just skating. And judging by the earlier video of Najarro with Hurtado and Diaz and Papadakis and Cizeron, he does a lot of off ice work as well
    Yes, I think that most of the top-level couples train (I inlclude all training moments, on and off ice) between 6 and 8 hours a day, and that's "training hard" for sure but I think that there's no reason to think that I/Z or S/K will be necessarily better than M/K or S/B or that they're training harder... Just wait and see the training results

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9