Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What food do you NOT like?

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I'm not familar with the american food.

I don't like McDonalds, I like hamburger but not McDonalds. I don't like ketchup and desserts.
    I hate anything with sugar basically, except for chocolate ice cream, crème brulée and lemon sorbet.
    Makes me wonder if all the sugar in our products causes us Americans to crave more sugary products as we grow up as opposed to Europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Johar View Post
    Makes me wonder if all the sugar in our products causes us Americans to crave more sugary products as we grow up as opposed to Europeans.
    I think europeans do love desserts as well.
    In my case I think it's because when I was a child I had a liver problem (it was big) and I had to drink honey with water at 6 am everyday for 4 month. My liver was great after that but I couldn't stand even the smell of the sugar, no matter what it was.
    I lately started to eat some ice cream, crème brulée or crème caramel.

Well I'm vegan now, but I'll still include the meats and such that made me sick when I could have eaten them.

Sausage links, brussels sprouts, deviled eggs, red apples, pancakes(I got sick after eating them once and could never eat them again), yellow squash, cornbread (ate too much one time, still can't even look at the stuff), oysters, most jellies, potato salad, okra, grape-flavored sweets, mushroom soup(ate it too often as a kid), licorice, red and yellow bell peppers, lemon-poppy-seed anything, dill(absolutely disgusting herb), white bread, & chicken nuggets. Never could understand the obsession people had with chicken nuggets

I don't get the chicken nuggets, either.

I think it definitely does... even going from US to Canada I can notice a distinct taste difference in a lot of the sodas and fast foods that both countries have...

Custom Title
    I don't get the chicken nuggets, either.
    Me neither. In my family we do not eat chicken as a rule(nuggets contain not much of a real meat, I know). Not about the taste or religion aspects. Since bird's flu keeps coming back every now and then better to stay away from the poultry. The latest cases are only a few weeks ago. Also, not like in the US, hormones injections are largely in the poultry industry in my country. Better safe than sorry I guess.

Well, I like most of foods - some more, some less... What I really can't eat, is liver and any kind of innards. I also can't stand salo (cured pork fat).
    I don't like vegetables too much (especially cooked) - I can eat them sometimes, but not too often.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Liver, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, watermelon, lobster

Custom Title
    Brussell sprouts. Little green poop balls. I hate them so much I refuse even to learn how to spell them!

Custom Title
    Tonichelle--Chicken salad comes in many varieties. I like some, but I hate others. My mother loves them all and thinks I should (she suffers from the delusion that we love the exact same things...something that drives me crazy on a weekly basis). I make one at home with swiss cheese, light mayo, lemon pepper, a bit of garlic and dill relish that is very good. But the new fad of chicken salad full of fruit just grosses me out--grapes and apples do not belong in my sandwich.

I do not like pears. I think it is a texture thing. And I HATE canned fruit. Please stop ruining fruit.

I also hate raisins in other food. Do not ruin raisins by baking them into things. My mother loves raisin bread (so I must love it, too...) and constantly tries to feed it to me or give it to me. No, keep that.

My oddest food dislike has to be milk on cereal. Cereal is fine, if you do not sog it up by putting milk on it. This totally freaks out my husband.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa05 View Post
    But the new fad of chicken salad full of fruit just grosses me out--grapes and apples do not belong in my sandwich.
    Agree - outside of dried cranberries on my salads, I don't care for fruit in my entrees, they just don't belong in the savory foods.

Custom Title
    Whereas I like fruit in some foods. So if you guys don't eat it, that leaves more for meeeee.

Isn't it nice how these things work out?

beans
    olives
    sauces in general
    pork, ham, bacon and anything related
    raspberries (the only fruit I don't like)
    cakes, pies (actually the only sweets I like are chocolate and ice cream)
    peanuts, nuts

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Whereas I like fruit in some foods. So if you guys don't eat it, that leaves more for meeeee.

Isn't it nice how these things work out?
    No, you don't get the fruit, Olympia. I like all fruit (except pears) if it is fresh and not in my salad or sandwich. So I'll keep it. Sorry!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa05 View Post
    No, you don't get the fruit, Olympia. I like all fruit (except pears) if it is fresh and not in my salad or sandwich. So I'll keep it. Sorry!
    Oh, very well.

But when the chicken waldorf salad comes around, feel free to pass me your share.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2