What food do you NOT like? | Golden Skate

What food do you NOT like?

Johar

Medalist
What foods do you NOT like?

Fun topic. There are a few popular foods I don't like that are on my list.

strawberries

chicken salad

pears

baked beans

potato salad

coconut

American cheese--the kind that comes in individual plastic wrappers

Jollley Rancher and Skittles candy

most nuts

black and red peppers

Most kinds of chilli

Mayo, ketchup

french fries

BusyMom

Medalist
No Kimchi for me. Korean foods are great just not the one with Kimchi.

Also any kind of pickles.

Johar

Medalist
I don't go out of my way to eat pickles and usually pass them off to others, BusyMom

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Green beans with tomato sauce
potatoes with tomato sauce
Canned soups
Most cold sandwiches

Johar

Medalist
I have an older friend who tends to fix baked beans or chilli for her dinner parties because so many people like those dishes. Then I used to belong to a club that went to lunch every Thursday. When the food was pre made (as opposed to buffet or ordering off the menu) it was ALWAYS chicken salad. The women would would go gaga over it while I went gag gag. I must be the one earthling who hates chicken salad.

Oysters, definitely. Clams, all that kind of sea animal.

Also (and this can get awkward) spicy foods.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am very picky... it's mainly a texture thing, though taste also comes into play... it's easier for me to list what I do like than what I don't... but...

seafood, bear, pork, caribou, deer, and bison are all on my list of don't like to eat.

Amei

Record Breaker
Milk
Raw onions
raw jalapenos
watermelon
spinach artichoke dip
crawfish
tea (iced or hot), though this is technically a drink
sauerkraut
walnuts
chocolate mixed with mint
yogurt with fruit in it
coconut yogurt - I imagine body lotion has the same taste as coconut yogurt
goat cheese
McDonald's, my first job in high school was working at Mconald's and let's just say my first day working there, was my last day eating there
Dr. Pepper, again this is a drink - in 1 horrifying experience at McDonald's the thing that mixes the sryup and the carbonated water was broken and I took big gulp of straight syrup (uck!) and the smell of Dr. Pepper makes my stomach turn

Super spicy foods - I live in the Southern United States (Texas) and there are people that are into really, super spicy foods - I would prefer my chili to not burn off my tongue, thank you

I never realized how picky I am until I wrote this all out :slink:

What about shrimps or sea fish?

I don't go out of my way to eat them, but they're okay. I do love salmon!

Someone mentioned raw onions. I don't like them either, though I enjoy cooked ones.

On the other hand, I do like goat cheese, so it's not that I dislike all strong-flavored things.

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm not familar with the american food.

I don't like McDonalds, I like hamburger but not McDonalds. I don't like ketchup and desserts.
I hate anything with sugar basically, except for chocolate ice cream, crème brulée and lemon sorbet. :love:

Johar

Medalist
I'm not familar with the american food.

I don't like McDonalds, I like hamburger but not McDonalds. I don't like ketchup and desserts.
I hate anything with sugar basically, except for chocolate ice cream, crème brulée and lemon sorbet. :love:

Makes me wonder if all the sugar in our products causes us Americans to crave more sugary products as we grow up as opposed to Europeans.

Alba

Record Breaker
Makes me wonder if all the sugar in our products causes us Americans to crave more sugary products as we grow up as opposed to Europeans.

I think europeans do love desserts as well.
In my case I think it's because when I was a child I had a liver problem (it was big) and I had to drink honey with water at 6 am everyday for 4 month. :disapp: My liver was great after that but I couldn't stand even the smell of the sugar, no matter what it was. :slink:
I lately started to eat some ice cream, crème brulée or crème caramel.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Well I'm vegan now, but I'll still include the meats and such that made me sick when I could have eaten them.

Sausage links, brussels sprouts, deviled eggs, red apples, pancakes(I got sick after eating them once and could never eat them again), yellow squash, cornbread (ate too much one time, still can't even look at the stuff), oysters, most jellies, potato salad, okra, grape-flavored sweets, mushroom soup(ate it too often as a kid), licorice, red and yellow bell peppers, lemon-poppy-seed anything, dill(absolutely disgusting herb), white bread, & chicken nuggets. Never could understand the obsession people had with chicken nuggets :disapp:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

I think it definitely does... even going from US to Canada I can notice a distinct taste difference in a lot of the sodas and fast foods that both countries have...