Tanith and Charlie are Engaged! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Tanith and Charlie are Engaged!

caitie

Medalist
Meryl is being recognized in Hawaii and has taken several fan pictures I've seen posted here and there. It's totally possible someone who works at the hotel recognized Charlie, hair or no hair, and tipped off the paparazzi that they had a celebrity there and they were consequently photographed at the beach. And I don't really believe the "moments after" quotes because I doubt Charlie proposed at the beach during the day and in those clothes.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
And sure Charlie and TaNith wouldn´t stage these pictures, the photographer could have been miles away and with a len take the picture.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yeah, I find the idea that those pictures were posed or that they called the paparazzi to take them to be laughable and insane. Charlie is a celeb now. This is proven by all the coverage the engagement has gotten. That paparazzi guy may have been stalking him since he arrived on Hawaii. The paparazzi are skilled at finding and recognizing people and wen in doubt they snap some pictures and then figure out if it was the person or not. And as others have said, the shot looks close but the camera was doubtless very very far away.

noskates

Record Breaker
Why would you think they "hired" the paparazzi. Maybe a friend took the picture and Charlie posted it. Sheesh - always has to be some drama. I'm happy they're engaged. I'm happy Charlie is happy. That's all I need to know - not who took the picture, what Tanith was wearing (whether it was appropriate or not - they're IN Hawaii at the beach) and where or when Charlie proposed.

Enero

On the Ice
I can't believe that any paparazzi scanning the beach for celebrities would have recognized them in a million years. Tanith is barely a celebrity. Charlie is a little famous because of DWTS, but looks nothing like he did on the show due to his haircut and hat. And all of the stories are saying confidently that the photo was taken "moments" after he proposed - and Tanith is wearing the same bikini she wore in their official photo. It was set up.

I have to agree. A few weeks on DWTS does not make a celebrity - especially one who the paparazzi will be stalking. It was probably staged, many actors/actresses etc. have been known to do it even though they actually ARE celebrities in order to generate a little publicity. It's no shame in it. It's their lives. If they want to put it out there like that more power to them.

With that said, congratulations to them! Hope they have a long and happy life together.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
:laugh: I wonder if White will be instagraming and Tanith will be retweeting from the wedding...

:agree: Hope that we can count on the Shibutanis for multi-camera video coverage :laugh: ... word is that they already have started working on the storyboards (JK ;)).