Tanith and Charlie are Engaged! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Tanith and Charlie are Engaged!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm not convinced that's actually them.

ETA I'm really pretty sure it's not them. That girl has moles on her face that Tanith doesn't have and that guy has a nose that is not Charlie's nose. In the photo Charlie posted her swimsuit top is visible and while it looks similar it appears to be pastel while in this photo it is neon. Charlie also has better arms than that. Tanith (the real Tanith) has black hair roots that are more visible. The real tanith also had a larger bun higher on her head. I think this is another couple that got mistaken for them.

desertskates

Medalist
I also don't think it's them. No specific reason, but when I opened it, I thought "uh, who are these people?" :confused:

Icey

Record Breaker
If you use the zoom in feature on the site, it looks like them to me. Tanith's not in full make-up, so things probably show that don't when she is.

Icey

Record Breaker
Why do so many skaters go to Hawaii for vacation? Recently, Ashley and Adam, Gold and now B&W

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Charlie, you are one lucky guy, Tanith is beautiful! Congratulations.

I would add that White himself is a great catch, and Belbin is a lucky bride to snag him. Definitely a two-way street. :yes: Happiness and good fortune all around. :)

Why do so many skaters go to Hawaii for vacation? Recently, Ashley and Adam, Gold and now B&W

Would not surprise me if sponsors such as United Airlines and/or Hilton offered the skaters tempting VIP freebies, discounts, and/or upgrades.

(Wagner, who has been a darling of Hilton advertising, openly tweeted at least a couple of shout-outs to them.)

... Does Charlie bleach his hair? It certainly doesn't look the usual blonde in this pic?

Whether the Us photo was a case of mistaken identity or not, I do not know.
But our handsome White's dark roots have been visible in many photos over the years. (Not that they make him any less handsome.)

I recall that during SOI 2010, Abbott tweeted some humorous :laugh: hyperbole about being permanently traumatized .. because he supposedly had just been shocked to learn that White's hair was not real.

buttermilk

On the Ice
I thought it wasn't them either - but Charlie's wearing a Michigan cap and Tanith is wearing the same bikini she wore in Charlie's "official" instagram. There are some more pictures at the Daily Mail website where you can see it's them. It's just that one picture of Charlie that's weird.

When I read the People Magazine story yesterday, it was marked as "Most Read". I'm so happy Meryl & Charlie are both so high profile now - I hope they are able to use their high profile to continue making a living in skating.

desertskates

Medalist
Hawaii makes sense because of the Hilton deals. Plus, it's a simple non-stop flight from most big cities, so it's a fairly easy trip. And it's gorgeous! I think I need for someone to comp me a trip to Hawaii :laugh:

GypsyFe

On the Ice
I am sure Skating Mag and International Skating mag will both have pictures of this wedding!! Will be looking forward to that.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

buttermilk

On the Ice
I'm surprised they hired paparazzi to take "candid" photos. They are pretty clearly posed - with the paparazzi situated somewhere in the water with them? - and the ring casually pointed in the direction of the camera.

For some reason, the paparazzi love to have celebrities wade into the water fully clothed and kiss because I've seen that a lot. Do real people actually do that? :laugh:

slider11

Medalist
yikes, that bikini is a bit....ahhhh...revealing...ok, if that's the way you want your engagement remembered. This does seem awfully staged but maybe they thought the paps would leave them alone if they gave them some shots. I wish them well but the interest level is about a 2/10 for me.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They probably did not think that the paparazzi would be interested in them at all, since Charlie did not make the DWTS finals, and other than the DWTS thing and the Olympics itself, figure skaters' private lives have been of zero interest to the US press.

It's a new world.

Icey

Record Breaker
I'm not that interested either, slider. They have been together so long this seems anticlimactic.

caitie

Medalist
I doubt they posed for the pics. Paparazzi often catch celebs at the beach because it's one of the easiest places to snap pics of them, and the photographer could have been very far away. They have crazy zoom on their cameras.

buttermilk

On the Ice
I can't believe that any paparazzi scanning the beach for celebrities would have recognized them in a million years. Tanith is barely a celebrity. Charlie is a little famous because of DWTS, but looks nothing like he did on the show due to his haircut and hat. And all of the stories are saying confidently that the photo was taken "moments" after he proposed - and Tanith is wearing the same bikini she wore in their official photo. It was set up.