Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tanith and Charlie are Engaged!

Custom Title
    Why do so many skaters go to Hawaii for vacation? Recently, Ashley and Adam, Gold and now B&W

Custom Title
    Charlie, you are one lucky guy, Tanith is beautiful! Congratulations.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I wonder if White will be instagraming and Tanith will be retweeting from the wedding...
    I certainly hope so

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Why do so many skaters go to Hawaii for vacation? Recently, Ashley and Adam, Gold and now B&W
    You get discount if you recomend someone you know (j/k)

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYscorp6 View Post
    Charlie, you are one lucky guy, Tanith is beautiful! Congratulations.
    I would add that White himself is a great catch, and Belbin is a lucky bride to snag him. Definitely a two-way street. Happiness and good fortune all around.

Would not surprise me if sponsors such as United Airlines and/or Hilton offered the skaters tempting VIP freebies, discounts, and/or upgrades.

(Wagner, who has been a darling of Hilton advertising, openly tweeted at least a couple of shout-outs to them.)

... Does Charlie bleach his hair? It certainly doesn't look the usual blonde in this pic?
    Whether the Us photo was a case of mistaken identity or not, I do not know.
    But our handsome White's dark roots have been visible in many photos over the years. (Not that they make him any less handsome.)

I recall that during SOI 2010, Abbott tweeted some humorous hyperbole about being permanently traumatized .. because he supposedly had just been shocked to learn that White's hair was not real.

Custom Title
    I thought it wasn't them either - but Charlie's wearing a Michigan cap and Tanith is wearing the same bikini she wore in Charlie's "official" instagram. There are some more pictures at the Daily Mail website where you can see it's them. It's just that one picture of Charlie that's weird.

When I read the People Magazine story yesterday, it was marked as "Most Read". I'm so happy Meryl & Charlie are both so high profile now - I hope they are able to use their high profile to continue making a living in skating.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Hawaii makes sense because of the Hilton deals. Plus, it's a simple non-stop flight from most big cities, so it's a fairly easy trip. And it's gorgeous! I think I need for someone to comp me a trip to Hawaii

Rinkside
    I am sure Skating Mag and International Skating mag will both have pictures of this wedding!! Will be looking forward to that.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    White and Belbin are much more recognizable as themselves in a photo published today that is very similar, but from a slightly different angle.

Custom Title
    I'm surprised they hired paparazzi to take "candid" photos. They are pretty clearly posed - with the paparazzi situated somewhere in the water with them? - and the ring casually pointed in the direction of the camera.

For some reason, the paparazzi love to have celebrities wade into the water fully clothed and kiss because I've seen that a lot. Do real people actually do that?

Custom Title
    yikes, that bikini is a bit....ahhhh...revealing...ok, if that's the way you want your engagement remembered. This does seem awfully staged but maybe they thought the paps would leave them alone if they gave them some shots. I wish them well but the interest level is about a 2/10 for me.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    They probably did not think that the paparazzi would be interested in them at all, since Charlie did not make the DWTS finals, and other than the DWTS thing and the Olympics itself, figure skaters' private lives have been of zero interest to the US press.

It's a new world.

Custom Title
    I'm not that interested either, slider. They have been together so long this seems anticlimactic.

Custom Title
    I doubt they posed for the pics. Paparazzi often catch celebs at the beach because it's one of the easiest places to snap pics of them, and the photographer could have been very far away. They have crazy zoom on their cameras.

Custom Title
    I can't believe that any paparazzi scanning the beach for celebrities would have recognized them in a million years. Tanith is barely a celebrity. Charlie is a little famous because of DWTS, but looks nothing like he did on the show due to his haircut and hat. And all of the stories are saying confidently that the photo was taken "moments" after he proposed - and Tanith is wearing the same bikini she wore in their official photo. It was set up.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast