2014 Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 48 | Golden Skate

2014 Nebelhorn Trophy

Still, the Zoueva team has produced two straight Olympic gold medals. They must be doing something right.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I am sorry, but while Pechalat & Bourzat's Western dance was very entertaining, it was completely inauthentic as a Western dance. The best thing about it was Nathalie's cute red boots.

It is about the only dance of theirs that I didn't like at all. 2009-2010 OD
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WNMOEZvj7Fg

:agree:

It was the equivalent of opera singers trying to sing pop. And Chaplin was British--he just happened to make his best films under the American studio system at the time.

A real comparison would be to look at the differences between an indigenous European dance--ballet--and an indigenous American one--tap. Totally different styles. It's one reason why I LOATHED G/P's Olympic winning "rock" dance. Again, just completely inauthentic. It would have been inauthentic in the late 50s.

BlackPack

Medalist
Now that the old guard has retired, I thought the next wave of ice dancers would want to step it up with innovative, dramatic, and interesting programs. I wanted to cry when I saw C&B's American in Paris. I was comatose. I was doubly disappointed in W&P's programs, as I thought they would do something extra impressive now that they have a shot at winning gold. I was more disappointed in those programs, as I know they're capable of more. Or maybe I simply overestimated them. :cry:

Matt K

On the Ice
Too late for that one; C/L did La Strada the same season D/W were originally supposed to. ;)

Oh. Well then, I guess they dodged a bullet there.

Zoueva (and even Igor) must have a Beatles FD somewhere in their choreography bank from the remnants of the then Khokhlova/Andreev partnership. Which poor, unsuspecting team gets this I do not know. But Aldridge/Eaton or S/K come quickly to mind. As for Igor, he will most likely give this Beatles FD to Chock/Bates in the near future. All the recyclables seem to go through them first. :laugh:

ETA: I think Shibutanis might get the Beatles FD next year.
*scream*

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Such an interesting topic to read.
Thanks to all posters here. Especially to sisinka and Matt K.

Maybe the problem is that Zoueva and Shpilband used up all their creative inspirations on Virtue and Moir, and now have nothing left for their current clients. :cool:

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Most recently, Chock/Bates was given a Les Miserables FD by Shpilband at the Olympics. Little did they know, Igor/Marina Zoueva also choreographed one for Tobias/Stagniunas's in 2011. Also, choreographed by Igor Shpilband, their diagonal step sequence uses the same One Day More music cut as Chock/Bates diagonal step sequence up to the end of the program. I have time-stamped everything:

Tobias/Stagniunas diagonal step sequence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S8qe5B4SaY#t=3m38s
Chock/Bates diagonal step sequence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY_cKJ91tno#t=3m36s ...

I highly doubt that Chock/Bates did not know.

Maybe the problem is that Zoueva and Shpilband used up all their creative inspirations on Virtue and Moir, and now have nothing left for their current clients. :cool:

Only on Virtue/Moir?? :think:

Only on Virtue/Moir?? :think:

That seems to be the consensus of the most active posters on this thread. Certainly it is true that Virtue and Moir presented a lot of interesting looks and styles over the past decade.

I am handicapped in commenting on ice dance generally. I thought Virtue and Moir's Carmen was brilliantly conceived. But it didn't win. I thought Davis and White's Fliedermaus was a gem. It didn't win. I like the polka part of D&W's Giselle but not the ballet part so much. (It is on my playlist, but I fast forward to the part I like.) Oh well.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just wanted to let you know that ALL the videos have been removed from the Nebelhorn livestream's archive. This year's, last year's, everything.

A few days ago, I wanted to check something from one of the routines. I had posted the link to a friend's Facebook profile at the time, so it was easy to find again. But when I clicked to play, it said:

Content Has Been Removed

And when I went on here and clicked the link to the account page, it said:

Skating Livestream hasn't created any events. Follow Skating Livestream to be notified when they create a new event.

So, if you want to look back on what happened, you'll have to rely on those videos that have been uploaded to YouTube. (Unfortunately, the one I was looking hasn't been uploaded to YouTube. :disapp: )

CaroLiza_fan

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/Blick...en/Video?documentId=27360834&bcastId=14913164

On March, 28th, BR (public Bavarian Television and Radio) was airing Gala highlights. It's available until next year and as far as I can see, it's not geo-blocked.
  1. Ivan Righini
  2. Nelli's and Alex' Zombie Dance
  3. Anna Ovcharova
  4. Tarasova/Morozov
  5. Elladj Balde - Micael Jackson Medley
  6. Scimeca/Knierim
  7. Konstantin Menshov
  8. Alena Leonova
  9. Alexander Bjelde
  10. Chock/Bates
  11. Gracie Gold
  12. Michal Brezina
  13. Kavaguti/Smirnov - Black Eyes (in English Dark Eyes?)
  14. Elizaveta Tuktamiesheva - Tango
  15. Weaver/Poje
  16. Jason Brown

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
The next Nebelhorn Trophy is supposed to happen at the 24.th - 26.th of September in 2015.

http://static.isu.org/media/198197/1933-decisions-of-the-council-communication.pdf

The event thread with additional information has already been created ;)

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...-24th-26th-of-September&p=1146839#post1146839

If you need help with booking a room etc. please get back to me and I will provide you with additional info. Please note though, it could take a while until I reply as I will be busy with other sports now throughout the summer.

Last edited: