Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 149

Thread: 55th ISU Congress: Who voted "For" and "Against" anonymous judging

  1. #1
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,304

    News 55th ISU Congress: Who voted "For" and "Against" anonymous judging

    AGAINST anonymous judging
    Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Belgium, Bosnia/Herzegovina, Canada, China, Croatia, Denmark, France, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Japan, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United States

    TOTAL: 30 Nations

    FOR anonymous judging
    Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bulgaria, Chinese Taipei, Cyprus, DPR Korea, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, The Philippines, Poland, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Slovakia, Sweden, Thailand, Uzbekistan

    TOTAL: 24 Nations

    Percentages

    Against Anonymous Judging: 55.56%
    For Anonymous Judging/abstaining nations: 44.44%

    NATIONS THAT ABSTAINED/Did not participate in the vote (for reasons like their isu membership status disaalows them to vote/not present: Brazil, Czech Republic, Grenada, India, Indonesia, Israel, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Morocco, Puerto Rico, Romania, United Arab Emirates

    Motion Unsucessful

    Swing needed for the motion to pass 10.44%
    That means that six more countries were needed to pass this motion.

  2. #2
    Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    2,379
    Only six more! I am crying! Let's hope for 2016 then, there is no other way.

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,302
    Korea's hypocrisy continues.

  4. #4
    Bored
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    345
    One of those six could be my stupid nation

    Why doesn't it surprise me?

  5. #5
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    For Anonymous Judging
    Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bulgaria, Chinese Taipei, Cyprus, DPR Korea, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, The Philippines, Poland, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Slovakia, Sweden, Thailand, Uzbekistan
    WHY??? What are their motives?

    I can understand Italy (The Cinq is Italian) but what does a nation like Thailand, Singapore or Malaysia benefit by voting against abolishing secret judging. They gain nothing from this!!

    To my surprise alot of east european nations have voted against this motion.

    Chinese Taipei have been given rights to host Four Continents twice this last Olympic Cycle and are hosting again. Maybe a deal?

    And South Korea. What is wrong- You were just a victim of secret judging and you vote against it. Honestly.

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    272
    Let's just say that the countries with the talent and depth want fair judging and the countries without it don't. Apply that and you basically see the split (with some add-ins for the ethical countries who don't have a big skating presence but supported the motion).

    What I find ironic is that the countries without talent or the numbers dictate the terms and are killing the sport for the countries that do have talent and the numbers.

    South Korea wins the award for hypocrisy.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,295
    What is this ******** anyways? A simple majority should be enough. So a bunch of rinky dink countries who can barely compete in this sport stopped this from being abolished?

  8. #8
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Korea's hypocrisy continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by phaeljones View Post

    South Korea wins the award for hypocrisy.
    and the fans are angry about the ksu's decision... so don't generalize that "korea" is supporting the anonymous judging.. let's separate the korean fed from the fans' perspective..

  9. #9
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    and the fans are angry about the ksu's decision... so don't generalize that "korea" is supporting the anonymous judging.. let's separate the korean fed from the fans' perspective..
    Well let's hope that when people make such general statements (i.e. "The Russians are a bunch of cheaters") they are referring to the federation and not the skaters, though from some of the hateful posts I've read over the last few months some fans do seem to think that the skaters are the ones to blame.

    I do think it's very weird that the KSF voted to keep it (or is it KSU? I'm thinking Korean Skating Federation...or is it Korean Skating Union? IDK, whatever). With so many fans still heated over the voting in Sochi and many of them demanding to see the scores, you'd think the country would support the decision to pull back the curtain and see which judge is giving which score.

    I'm really shocked to hear they voted for it. Maybe the KSF is starting to build up their cred w/ other federations and will be politicking hard for the next few years in order to give their skaters a boost in 2018. Who knows? But I do think voting to keep the system that they (essentially) filed a petition against makes the KSF look all kinds of hypocritical.

  10. #10
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Well let's hope that when people make such general statements (i.e. "The Russians are a bunch of cheaters") they are referring to the federation and not the skaters, though from some of the hateful posts I've read over the last few months some fans do seem to think that the skaters are the ones to blame.

    I do think it's very weird that the KSF voted to keep it (or is it KSU? I'm thinking Korean Skating Federation...or is it Korean Skating Union? IDK, whatever). With so many fans still heated over the voting in Sochi and many of them demanding to see the scores, you'd think the country would support the decision to pull back the curtain and see which judge is giving which score.

    I'm really shocked to hear they voted for it. Maybe the KSF is starting to build up their cred w/ other federations and will be politicking hard for the next few years in order to give their skaters a boost in 2018. Who knows? But I do think voting to keep the system that they (essentially) filed a petition against makes the KSF look all kinds of hypocritical.
    seriously i don't think it's all about figure skating why korean skating union voted for anonymous judging.. it has something about speedy's proposal before the ksu/koc decided to file a complaint.. you forgot and others here that the korean fed hesitated to file a complaint because they said in statement that it will hurt their young skaters in korea.. which i find ridiculous in the first place.. that's why the korean skating union is the most despised federation in all sports in korea..

  11. #11
    EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,321
    Firstly, well done to Great Britain and Ireland for voting for abolishing anonymous judging. At least I don't have a reason to feel ashamed...

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Well let's hope that when people make such general statements (i.e. "The Russians are a bunch of cheaters") they are referring to the federation and not the skaters, though from some of the hateful posts I've read over the last few months some fans do seem to think that the skaters are the ones to blame.
    Well said!!!

    I can understand you all getting annoyed with Korea for voting against the abolition. But, I feel compelled to point out something else significant which nobody has picked up on yet:

    RUSSIA VOTED FOR THE ABOLITION

    So, to all those saying "The Russians are a bunch of cheaters", stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I do think it's very weird that the KSF voted to keep it (or is it KSU? I'm thinking Korean Skating Federation...or is it Korean Skating Union? IDK, whatever).
    It is KSU for Union rather than KSF Federation. I actually looked it up this morning for a comment I was posting in a different thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    With so many fans still heated over the voting in Sochi and many of them demanding to see the scores, you'd think the country would support the decision to pull back the curtain and see which judge is giving which score.

    I'm really shocked to hear they voted for it. Maybe the KSF is starting to build up their cred w/ other federations and will be politicking hard for the next few years in order to give their skaters a boost in 2018. Who knows? But I do think voting to keep the system that they (essentially) filed a petition against makes the KSF look all kinds of hypocritical.
    Oh, don't start that. I think we've had enough conspiracy theories this season to do us a lifetime!

    But, I agree with everybody that has commented so far: it does seem very hypocritical.

    CaroLiza_fan

  12. #12
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post

    I can understand you all getting annoyed with Korea for voting against the abolition. But, I feel compelled to point out something else significant which nobody has picked up on yet:

    RUSSIA VOTED FOR THE ABOLITION

    So, to all those saying "The Russians are a bunch of cheaters", stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
    oh please... they were awarded already w/ hosting the olympics last feb..

  13. #13
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    99
    I'll never understand KSU's intention. What the heck are they doing?

  14. #14
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I'll never understand KSU's intention. What the heck are they doing?
    speed skating

    ksu doesn't give a dam* about figure skating.. not even when yuna was still active.. so why do you think they will start caring now??

  15. #15
    Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I'll never understand KSU's intention. What the heck are they doing?
    I am very sorry for this to happen to KSU and to figure skating in general. I hope things will change in the next vote in 2016. By that time Speedy could have been down (hope so).
    I hope in the years to come, Yuna could make some impact on KSU.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •