Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 55th ISU Congress: Who voted "For" and "Against" anonymous judging

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    No, because these are, again, only internationals. Skating is bigger than the internationals.

I wish we could interview an Official that was there at the congress and ask about the atmoshphere and the LONG discussion about the pros and cons of anonymous judging.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    The difference is that before 2002 casual fans trusted that judges were mostly trying to do the right thing and they no longer do and _nothing_ the ISU has done since 2002 has restored fan trust.
    In 2002, one could naively claim that it was just rogue judges causing the problem.

2014 shows the ISU and the Federations WANT cheating to occur, they believe it is how you do business in the sport, and even if it drives off interest, they just don't care.

Tripping on the Podium
    This is not my view but something a friend said as a joke :P

Russia voted for abolition because they worried S.Korea would deny them OGM at 2018.

S.Korea voted for its retention because they want to deny Russia OGM at 2018.

:P

Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Crylais View Post

Russia voted for abolition because they worried S.Korea would deny them OGM at 2018.

Crazy as it is, it sounds logical!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Crylais View Post

Their hands are too short for that. If Russian ladies dominate the quad no korean dirty tricks will play.

What was the proposal about the Reverse order draw that did not pass?

LOL at this. Why do the federations with no power vote for anonymous judging, that will not do any good to their skaters..That's sooo strange. And that KSU, are they planning for a revenge, they don't care about fs at all as you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    Their hands are too short for that. If Russian ladies dominate the quad no korean dirty tricks will play.
    don't count your chickens before they hatch..

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    don't count your chickens before they hatch..
    What is that supposed to mean?

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Chickens are meant to hatch.

Custom Title
    It's becoming hilarious to see some of you guys going too far and conveniently assuming that Korean fed is a villan, and treating them as if somehow they already committed to an evil action even though KSF has not done anything harm to other fed/skaters. In gpf, 4cc in Korea, winners were Japanese, even when Yuna was a heavy favorite. As far as I know, there has been ZERO scandal in Korean soil. And Pyoungchang is in 4 years. NOTHING happened yet.

I am all against anonimous judging, and deeply dissappointed at KSF's decision. But it is indeed presumptuous to assume that Korean fed will take their vengence by bribing all the judges to prevent Russians to win etc. , using anonymous judging. why, really why will they do that with their own money?

One thing I can say for sure is that, Pyoungchang will be covered by Yuna Kim(her interviews, images etc) and all of koreans will treat her as a double gold medalist (based on their reaction and news article, and in my heart she is the double gold medalist) whether you like it or not. That may be their own way of revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    it means that **** happens..
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 06-16-2014 at 03:08 AM.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bara1968 View Post
    One thing I can say for sure is that, Pyoungchang will be covered by Yuna Kim(her interviews, images etc) and all of koreans will treat her as a double gold medalist (based on their reaction and news article, and in my heart she is the double gold medalist) whether you like it or not. That may be their own way of revenge.
    That would be good to see. Yuna is a pretty lady and she has angelic features, I don't mind seeing her pictures in news about Pyoungchang.

I only hope for fair judging. Let's bet it on 2016 meeting. Sigh.

The motion about reverse order also failed to pass.

Something that did pass was that the program components for dance are set to increase.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast