Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Pair Game

a cat watching figure skating alebi's Avatar

Fantasy Pair Game

Sometimes reality can surpass fantasy and that's the case of the post-Sochi season, since we're reading about all these splits and new pairs, some really unexpected! We HAVE to gain control over this situation again and unleash our imagination

So let's try to figure which impossible pairs we would like to see and which are their pros and cons.

Takahashi + Asada: first 3Axel side by side!! Unmatchable step sequence. Basic lift and I suspect very poor twist

Hanyu + Lipnitskaia: incredible jump combos, bielmann spin and CUTE FACTOR As for the rest, I don't think Yuzu has the "physique du role" even given how little Yulia is But since they are both so competitive it would be a great show to see them skating together and pushing themselves.

Aliona + Smirnov: I admit, as soon as I read about Aliona searching for a new partner, I thought about Sasha. They are both good to watch, have great experience and maybe Sasha has the right physique to try that damn 3Axel. I can't see cons in this couple (maybe I'm a bit biased), they could have been a great problem for V/T

Moore-Towers + Radford: I think this couple can lose something in technical aspect but would be better to watch skating.

Miyahara + Mura: Satoko is so little, even she's a good jumper I think she will never be reward the right way in a senior context. Mura is the weakest of the 4 best Japanese skaters in terms of presentation. Her pros are his cons and viceversa and maybe it would be strange to watch but I would give it a try.

Miyahara + Uno: LOL... just for fun

...... and finally the unbeatable pair in terms of personality, jump consistence, power, skating skills and everything else.... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...

Kim + Plushenko

Rinkside
    ...... and finally the unbeatable pair in terms of personality, jump consistence, power, skating skills and everything else.... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...

Kim + Plushenko [/QUOTE]

Wonderful idea. It would be great to see a parallel Biellmann spin

On the Ice
    Ashley & Adam!

Mao and Taka K

Dai and Akiko

Yuna and Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Moxiejan View Post
    Ashley & Adam!
    what a strange team Ashley is so powerful while Adam is elegant and delicate. Their favourite jumps aren't even the same... Why do you think they can pair up? Just your desire?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by alebi View Post
    what a strange team Ashley is so powerful while Adam is elegant and delicate. Their favourite jumps aren't even the same... Why do you think they can pair up? Just your desire?
    This is "fantasy," correct? So as a "fantasy" team of best friends, each one's strengths would make the other one a better, more complete skater.
    They would meet in the middle, with Ashley more elegant and Adam more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohacz View Post

Kim + Plushenko

Wonderful idea. It would be great to see a parallel Biellmann spin

Plushy has much better chemistry with Mao and they have skated together before...Stephane would be a better match with Yuna imo.

My fantasy pairing is Maxim Trankov and Florent Amodio.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    Plushy has much better chemistry with Mao and they have skated together before...Stephane would be a better match with Yuna imo.

Stéphane and Johnny! I am just kidding, though. (Mostly).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8P-...8378D35BAA221E

Banned
    Trankov and Yulia I guess

Rinkside
    I put my vote in for Brown/Shnapir! :P http://instagram.com/p/mvfuI_TXCg/

But in all seriousness, Dai and Akiko would be an amazing ice dance team.

Custom Title
    I'm with Gallavich, Mao + Plushy (competing for Japan, of course). Side-by-side 3As and maybe side-by-side Y-spiral? (Plushy seems to be working on the latter in training... er, the spiral part, not the side-by-side part). Yuna seems to have more chemistry with Stephane and Patrick (both of whom have trouble with 3A, so it's better they don't team up with Mao ).

Johnny needs to be on an ice dance team, I just can't decide if it should be with friend Stephane Lambiel or frenemy Evan Lysacek. I lean on the latter because it's easier to do lifts that way.

Johnny's had a decent amount of pairs practice...he posted this the other day from Japan with Russian skater Kostya Gavrin.

I think a Johnny/Evan pairing would be rather volatile (to put it mildly). Good for though.

Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    LOL funny! Florent can be the perfect partner for so many male skaters. Why not a Joubert - Amodio pair then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    I'm with Gallavich, Mao + Plushy (competing for Japan, of course). Side-by-side 3As and maybe side-by-side Y-spiral? (Plushy seems to be working on the latter in training... er, the spiral part, not the side-by-side part). Yuna seems to have more chemistry with Stephane and Patrick (both of whom have trouble with 3A, so it's better they don't team up with Mao )
    Plushy has so much personality that I worry even someone like Mao can't face it. For me, it would be a waste because she can disappear under his queen's aura While a Mao + Daisuke would maximise both

Tripping on the Podium
    Andrew Poje and I

Medalist
    Carolina Kostner and Stephane Lambiel would be the greatest pair team.

or

https://41.media.tumblr.com/9c3a610b...1gs3o1_500.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast