Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 123

Thread: Kiira Korpi ready for comeback!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    146

    Kiira Korpi ready for comeback!

    https://www.facebook.com/12523150943...type=1&theater

    After 2 years out of ice for her persistent injuries, kiira Korpi is ready for comeback and compete in the next season!
    I'm so glad to hear this, she is one of the few mature and artistic female skaters, together Ashley Wagner, they will be the only "women" on the ice this season I think , and they are teammates in Raf Team!!
    Go for all, Kiira!! wellcome back again! ♥ ♥

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,885
    Yes! Now THERE'S a Hollywood beauty. <3 Good luck to her.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    she has passed her prime, and isn't getting any younger
    she is 26 years old something ?

    besides there are fresh, young , beautiful girls already who will pass her at Europeans

  4. #4
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,109
    I for one am looking forward to her return. She actually looked quite good before the injuries sidelined her. And her basics are great, of course.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 06-13-2014 at 11:42 AM.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I for one am looking forward to her return. She actually looked quite good before the injuries sidelined her. And her basics are great, of course.
    Were her looks marred by the injuries?

  6. #6
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    I live in home
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    she has passed her prime, and isn't getting any younger
    she is 26 years old something ?

    besides there are fresh, young , beautiful girls already who will pass her at Europeans
    Unneccesory word

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,491
    It's good to hear that Kiira might be back skating.

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,523
    Unfortunately, Kiira won't be in the GP this season. She's #50 on the ISU Rankings, so won't get an original invitation. Since she hasn't competed in the past season, she's not on the Seasons Best list, so she can't be a substitute. She may be at Finlandia and/or at other "B" events.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    244
    Wishing her the best!! I think she couldn't reach the success she aimed for, and if she is still motivated to continue, why not?

  10. #10
    Ice is slippery.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    390
    If she feels motivated and still has the passion for it, why not? Wishing her all the best~

  11. #11
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Tompson View Post
    Unneccesory word
    I thought the same thing haha

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,885
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    she has passed her prime, and isn't getting any younger
    she is 26 years old something ?

    besides there are fresh, young , beautiful girls already who will pass her at Europeans
    No skater gets younger.

    She's 25. And if Kostner can do so well at the age of 27, there's still hope for Korpi.

    I don't normally go by looks, but Korpi is the most gorgeous figure skater out there, IMO. Even "past her prime" she's more gorgeous than most of the field. Any attempt to dispute Korpi being a pretty woman is pure and utter haterade.

    Also, it'll be nice to see a "Hollywood blonde beauty" out there who has actually won international competitions.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    No skater gets younger.

    She's 25. And if Kostner can do so well at the age of 27, there's still hope for Korpi.

    I don't normally go by looks, but Korpi is the most gorgeous figure skater out there, IMO. Even "past her prime" she's more gorgeous than most of the field. Any attempt to dispute Korpi being a pretty woman is pure and utter haterade.

    Also, it'll be nice to see a "Hollywood blonde beauty" out there who has actually won international competitions.
    though Kiira is indeed a gorgeous blonde

    Kiira isnt the same calibre/league as Carolina
    so no, she won't achieve much if she comes back

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,885
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    though Kiira is indeed a gorgeous blonde

    Kiira isnt the same calibre/league as Carolina
    so no, she won't achieve much if she comes back
    I agree that Kostner is a special case. But what about Suzuki? No spring chicken herself, but she's managed to have some good results the past few seasons including a World bronze and medals on all her GP events.

  15. #15
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    she has passed her prime, and isn't getting any younger
    she is 26 years old something ?

    besides there are fresh, young , beautiful girls already who will pass her at Europeans
    What a dreadful thing to say!
    You are such a "ray of sunshine"...not.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •