Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Kiira Korpi ready for comeback!

Custom Title

Kiira Korpi ready for comeback!

https://www.facebook.com/12523150943...type=1&theater

After 2 years out of ice for her persistent injuries, kiira Korpi is ready for comeback and compete in the next season!
    I'm so glad to hear this, she is one of the few mature and artistic female skaters, together Ashley Wagner, they will be the only "women" on the ice this season I think , and they are teammates in Raf Team!!
    Go for all, Kiira!! wellcome back again! ♥ ♥

Custom Title
    Yes! Now THERE'S a Hollywood beauty. <3 Good luck to her.

Banned
    she has passed her prime, and isn't getting any younger
    she is 26 years old something ?

besides there are fresh, young , beautiful girls already who will pass her at Europeans

I for one am looking forward to her return. She actually looked quite good before the injuries sidelined her. And her basics are great, of course.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 06-13-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post

besides there are fresh, young , beautiful girls already who will pass her at Europeans
    Unneccesory word

Custom Title
    It's good to hear that Kiira might be back skating.

Custom Title
    Unfortunately, Kiira won't be in the GP this season. She's #50 on the ISU Rankings, so won't get an original invitation. Since she hasn't competed in the past season, she's not on the Seasons Best list, so she can't be a substitute. She may be at Finlandia and/or at other "B" events.

Custom Title
    Wishing her the best!! I think she couldn't reach the success she aimed for, and if she is still motivated to continue, why not?

Ice is slippery.
    If she feels motivated and still has the passion for it, why not? Wishing her all the best~

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I for one am looking forward to her return. She actually looked quite good before the injuries sidelined her. And her basics are great, of course.
    Were her looks marred by the injuries?

Custom Title

No skater gets younger.

She's 25. And if Kostner can do so well at the age of 27, there's still hope for Korpi.

I don't normally go by looks, but Korpi is the most gorgeous figure skater out there, IMO. Even "past her prime" she's more gorgeous than most of the field. Any attempt to dispute Korpi being a pretty woman is pure and utter haterade.

Also, it'll be nice to see a "Hollywood blonde beauty" out there who has actually won international competitions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    No skater gets younger.

She's 25. And if Kostner can do so well at the age of 27, there's still hope for Korpi.

I don't normally go by looks, but Korpi is the most gorgeous figure skater out there, IMO. Even "past her prime" she's more gorgeous than most of the field. Any attempt to dispute Korpi being a pretty woman is pure and utter haterade.

Also, it'll be nice to see a "Hollywood blonde beauty" out there who has actually won international competitions.
    though Kiira is indeed a gorgeous blonde

Kiira isnt the same calibre/league as Carolina
    so no, she won't achieve much if she comes back

Custom Title
    though Kiira is indeed a gorgeous blonde

Kiira isnt the same calibre/league as Carolina
    so no, she won't achieve much if she comes back
    I agree that Kostner is a special case. But what about Suzuki? No spring chicken herself, but she's managed to have some good results the past few seasons including a World bronze and medals on all her GP events.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I agree that Kostner is a special case. But what about Suzuki? No spring chicken herself, but she's managed to have some good results the past few seasons including a World bronze and medals on all her GP events.
    Suzuki, didnt take a season off from injuries, she gradually progressed as she got older
    Kiira has been hampered by injuries for a long time and missing many seasons already

Custom Title
    Suzuki, didnt take a season off from injuries, she gradually progressed as she got older
    Kiira has been hampered by injuries for a long time and missing many seasons already
    She missed all of last season, but the season before she won a GP event (Rostelecom... where she beat a certain other blonde, if I recall ) and qualified for the GPF and was 3rd at Euros.

In 2008-2009 she opted not to skate in the GP series (I think due to injury) but still competed at Euros where she placed 5th. She's had to miss Worlds due to injury (which is unfortunate because she had a shot to medal in 2012), but she hasn't missed more than one entire season.

If you look at Kiira's competitive record, she also was progressing over time, until she had to sit out 2013-2014. It didn't make sense for her to try to compete in 2014 anyways when Finland didn't have a Sochi spot... might as well rest her Achilles injury.

But an injury doesn't take out a skater necessarily. I mean, look at Slutskaya, who had health issues in her 2003-2004 season at the age of 25, and then stormed back to win everything the next year at the age of 26 and won Euros and Olympic bronze at 27.

I can see why you're so bitter about Kiira though... you always drone on about how people are threatened by beauty, and clearly you've become what you preach against.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast