Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Kiira Korpi ready for comeback!

Custom Title
    Glad to hear this! I wish her all the best but her chances for "big comeback" are barely existing. Unfortunately to many wonder kids form Russia are going to dominate in Europe (and not only there).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Poice View Post
    Glad to hear this! I wish her all the best but her chances for "big comeback" are barely existing. Unfortunately to many wonder kids form Russia are going to dominate in Europe (and not only there).
    Well, that's the issue. It's not so much Kiira can't comeback, it's the competition she'll face when she comes back.

Custom Title
    Good luck!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    She missed all of last season, but the season before she won a GP event (Rostelecom... where she beat a certain other blonde, if I recall ) and qualified for the GPF and was 3rd at Euros.

In 2008-2009 she opted not to skate in the GP series (I think due to injury) but still competed at Euros where she placed 5th. She's had to miss Worlds due to injury (which is unfortunate because she had a shot to medal in 2012), but she hasn't missed more than one entire season.

If you look at Kiira's competitive record, she also was progressing over time, until she had to sit out 2013-2014. It didn't make sense for her to try to compete in 2014 anyways when Finland didn't have a Sochi spot... might as well rest her Achilles injury.

But an injury doesn't take out a skater necessarily. I mean, look at Slutskaya, who had health issues in her 2003-2004 season at the age of 25, and then stormed back to win everything the next year at the age of 26 and won Euros and Olympic bronze at 27.

I can see why you're so bitter about Kiira though... you always drone on about how people are threatened by beauty, and clearly you've become what you preach against.
    your comparing Kiira to Slutskaya's comeback
    Slutskaya was already a World champion then, numerous other World medals and multiple European champion, an Olympic medal
    Kiira didn't even achieved that before her injuries

Custom Title
    I like Kiira, happy to see her return! She had a beautiful short program a few years back.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    I am very happy for her and glad to hear she is doing well! I have missed her. She is a lovely skater.

Custom Title
    Will this mean she will take a run at 2018? Or will she just skate a couple of years and close her career off on a good note (a la Sarah Meier at 2011 Euros)?

Good luck Kiira!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    she has passed her prime, and isn't getting any younger
    she is 26 years old something ?

besides there are fresh, young , beautiful girls already who will pass her at Europeans
    What a dreadful thing to say!
    You are such a "ray of sunshine"...not.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    Will this mean she will take a run at 2018? Or will she just skate a couple of years and close her career off on a good note (a la Sarah Hughes at 2011 Euros)?

Good luck Kiira!
    Sarah Hughes?

Do you mean Sarah Meier?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Sarah Hughes?

Do you mean Sarah Meier?
    Yes, sorry! I meant Sarah MEIER.

Good catch, edited now. Hello Friday afternoon ...

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    I'm so happy she's returning. I enjoyed following her career and hate to see any athlete's career end on terms that are not their own. All the best to Kiira

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    she has passed her prime, and isn't getting any younger
    she is 26 years old something ?

besides there are fresh, young , beautiful girls already who will pass her at Europeans
    Too bad she is also not enough of a decrepit loser to take up disparaging achievers.

#TeamAUS
    Im so happy for Kiira.i hope she smashes it this season.

Custom Title
    she still can do 7 triples (5 at least) in her FS.. and with a clean SP she can get +68, her skating skills are really good, all spin and step sequence are level 4.. she still is a competitive skater... podium in euros, for sure...

Rinkside
    yaaaaaay good luck for her!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast