Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Kiira Korpi ready for comeback!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    But...but...but...

SHE'S BLONDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Nah, you're right. We should take her in back of the rink and just shoot her.
    I know, I'm surprised that with her hair colour -- which is actually a NATURAL blonde, unlike certain other skaters - sky_fly hasn't set up 100+ fan threads for Korpi.

Although, she's probably on a mission to bash Korpi, considering the vast majority of the forum most definitely considers Korpi to be more gorgeous than Gracie.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pohatta View Post
    I think Kiira has a good chance of skating a career best at Worlds, if she reaches her top form. Yes, Russia is very strong, but who outside Russia is beyond her reach? Gold, Wagner, who else? She could finish Top 6 at Worlds and even Top 8 would be a personal best.
    3 Russians
    3 Americans
    Murakami
    Miyahara
    Park
    Marchei

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    3 Russians
    3 Americans
    Murakami
    Miyahara
    Park
    Marchei
    These are not "beyond her reach": if she skates a clean SP with 3T+3T and 3Lo and a solid FS with 4/5 clean triples and high PCS she can easily beat Marchei, Miyahara, Park and Murakami, and even come close to some of the Americans (at CoR 2012, she wasn't perfect but she beat Gracie in one of her best competitions that season)... Don't forget that she has arutunian on her side now, and we saw what he was able to do with Wagner and Rippon

Custom Title
    We haven't even seen her skate yet.

Kiira's injury was to her Achilles tendon --- she's had this same injury in the past, and it can be quite painful. The pain tends to recur when strenuous activity is resumed. She hasn't really begun serious practice yet, so it remains to be seen if she will be able to make a successful comeback. She may or may not be able to get back all of her jumps, including the lutz, which she definitely needs to be competitive.
    This. I'm quite worried because this type of injuries recur so easily AND she has already had so much trouble with the same foot already earlier in her career.

Custom Title
    I'm quite surprised so many people are against her. She definitely could be in for a few years if her body still fit enough. The senior scene will be more varieties with her presence. Her maturity, elegant and of course beauty are always a nice change from the teenage crews. I wish her the best results next season.

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I would like her to have a good comeback even if she doesn't have spectacular results just to bring a bit of class and elegance to the ice in the middle of a teenagers battle as others said, she'll be the only "woman" competing next season, alongside with Wagner... Good luck to one of the most (physically and stylistically) beautiful skaters in the world!
    What's the definition of a "woman". Aren't Marchei, Meite, V and J Helgesson, van Dale, Glebova, Murakami etc, all of them around 20 years or more, women on the ice?

GO Kiira, I admire you fighting

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    What's the definition of a "woman". Aren't Marchei, Meite, V and J Helgesson, van Dale, Glebova, Murakami etc, all of them around 20 years or more, women on the ice?

GO Kiira, I admire you fighting
    I think this applies

http://hypehumor.com/wp-content/uplo...n-of-women.jpg

^
    You must be a confused man

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    These are not "beyond her reach": if she skates a clean SP with 3T+3T and 3Lo and a solid FS with 4/5 clean triples and high PCS she can easily beat Marchei, Miyahara, Park and Murakami, and even come close to some of the Americans (at CoR 2012, she wasn't perfect but she beat Gracie in one of her best competitions that season)... Don't forget that she has arutunian on her side now, and we saw what he was able to do with Wagner and Rippon
    Gracie skated a sloppy error filled FS yet still only lost by a couple points and at that point Gracie was a newbie as a Senior in only her second GP and still would have beaten Korpi clean. Korpi has suffered from what lot of non Russian European skaters in the past have and that is watered down jumps compared to what the Russian, US and Japanese Ladies can do.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Speaking as a woman, what really gives me the willies is that half the time the person who confuses me the most is...me!

Custom Title
    Kiira won't be in the GP, so we will see her first in a "B", possibly Nebelhorn, Nepela or Finlandia, if she is ready. Then Euros and Worlds. I wouldn't make any long-range predictions until we see how far along she is in regaining her technical skills.

Custom Title
    Kiira won't be in the GP, so we will see her first in a "B", possibly Nebelhorn, Nepela or Finlandia, if she is ready. Then Euros and Worlds. I wouldn't make any long-range predictions until we see how far along she is in regaining her technical skills.
    Would she be able to somehow qualify for a comeback spot? Sorry, the endless rules confuse me

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    Would she be able to somehow qualify for a comeback spot? Sorry, the endless rules confuse me
    Unfortunately no. Kiira is going to hold a press conference tomorrow, I'll keep you guys updated!

On the Ice
    This is good news. I thought her ever persisting injury had finally forced her to leave the competitive skating for good. But I am certainly one of those who will be glad to see her come back even if the results won't be that great, because it means being able to watch one more mature and elegant skater among all the youngsters.

Custom Title
    Skaters have to have finished top 6 at Worlds in the last 10 years to qualify as a comeback skater. Kiira's top finish was 9th, so she doesn't qualify.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast