Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Kiira Korpi ready for comeback!

Custom Title
    so Kiira and Ashley will be training together. I guess she will be using last year's programs since she never got to skate them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluver View Post
    Hmm.. Because Laura was actually a better skater and competitor than Kiira. One thing they share is that neither is very flexible which I believe makes them more injury prone. Good luck to Kiira. I only hope that judges won't reward her for lousy technical content. She is of course beautiful to watch.
    I have to disagree. Laura was not a strong skater at all among the top ladies. She didn't even have a consistent 3lutz. Kiira is at least as good technically and better artistically.

Custom Title
    Lepisto backed into a Bronze medal at Worlds in 2010 when everyone else like Mirai bombed. I think she did like 3 or 4 double jumps to get on the podium. Not impressive.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Lepisto backed into a Bronze medal at Worlds in 2010 when everyone else like Mirai bombed. I think she did like 3 or 4 double jumps to get on the podium. Not impressive.
    Laura was lucky that year. Back in 2010 she was the more talented one compared to Kiira, she had better skating skills and jumps. Artistically they were at the same level I would say. Neither of them has ever been particularly strong what comes to jumps. Only Jenni Vähämaa was talented in this respect but she quit skating at age 17. Jenni Saarinen has beautiful, big jumps (last season she was injured and had a growth spurt which affected her training and results).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Not everyone. Phaneuf actually did superbly and probably should have won bronze but her PCS held her back. Lepisto on the other hand had PCS higher than Kostner and Ando, which allowed her to eke past them in spite of a flawed SP and. Very flawed LP. She did to Phaneuf what Kostner did to Pogo at 2014 Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    so Kiira and Ashley will be training together. I guess she will be using last year's programs since she never got to skate them.
    I want to hang out with them.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    Laura was lucky that year. Back in 2010 she was the more talented one compared to Kiira, she had better skating skills and jumps. Artistically they were at the same level I would say. Neither of them has ever been particularly strong what comes to jumps. Only Jenni Vähämaa was talented in this respect but she quit skating at age 17. Jenni Saarinen has beautiful, big jumps (last season she was injured and had a growth spurt which affected her training and results).
    I totally agree with this. Also Laura might not have had steady Lutz but she executed it when it counted. I can't remember when I have seen Kiira doing a decent Lutz.

Custom Title
    I totally agree with this. Also Laura might not have had steady Lutz but she executed it when it counted. I can't remember when I have seen Kiira doing a decent Lutz.
    Many times. She just didn't have that jump in fall 2012 because of injuries (if I remember correctly). Before that she made lutz quite often. Actually flip has been more difficult to her. But she has very clean edges. She hardly ever gets 'e':s.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTheMusician View Post
    Many times. She just didn't have that jump in fall 2012 because of injuries (if I remember correctly). Before that she made lutz quite often. Actually flip has been more difficult to her. But she has very clean edges. She hardly ever gets 'e':s.
    So.. She did a decent Lutz last time 2011/2010?? Sorry, as mentioned i can't remember it has been so long..

Sorry for been shallow, but she is gorgeous. In a world where beauty is important, I often think that is she had the results of Caro, Yuna and Mao she will be in the cover of international magazines and endorsing products all over the world.

Custom Title
    [PHP][/PHP]
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Sorry for been shallow, but she is gorgeous. In a world where beauty is important, I often think that is she had the results of Caro, Yuna and Mao she will be in the cover of international magazines and endorsing products all over the world.
    I agree. For me, she's the most gorgeous of the ladies in the field right now, although they're all beautiful in their own ways.

Custom Title
    So.. She did a decent Lutz last time 2011/2010?? Sorry, as mentioned i can't remember it has been so long..
    Actually she did a decent lutz many times in fall 2012 (I remebered wrong earlier). In Finlandia Trophy and in both GP's (China and Moscow). She singled it in GPF and doubled it in Finland's nationals. After that she has had injuries after injuries so she hasn't competed after fall 2012. As I told, lutz has been always stronger than flip for her. And I repeat myself, always clean edges otherwise many other female skaters. But the loop is usually the strongest one.

About Laura's lutz - that was very uncertain jump. She managed it only few times through her whole senior career. She never jumped flip either.

Custom Title
    Why the hatred? Kiira is a lovely skater with good basics. She never had the problems with her lutz that Lepisto did. She made the Grand Prix Final in 2013 so she must have been doing something right before she was injured.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    Why the hatred? Kiira is a lovely skater with good basics. She never had the problems with her lutz that Lepisto did. She made the Grand Prix Final in 2013 so she must have been doing something right before she was injured.
    Hmm.. This has nothing to do with "hatred". I think she is physically gorgeous but technically mediocre skater. Lepisto beat her throughout her career and rightfully so. I think I am entitled to my opinion without being called a hater.

Custom Title
    What's the story behind Kiira going to Raphael?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast