Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 123

Thread: Kiira Korpi ready for comeback!

  1. #106
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,070
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluver View Post
    Hmm.. This has nothing to do with "hatred". I think she is physically gorgeous but technically mediocre skater. Lepisto beat her throughout her career and rightfully so. I think I am entitled to my opinion without being called a hater.
    I don't call any female skater that's able to execute a reliable 3-3 as "technically mediocre".

  2. #107
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluver View Post
    Hmm.. This has nothing to do with "hatred". I think she is physically gorgeous but technically mediocre skater. Lepisto beat her throughout her career and rightfully so. I think I am entitled to my opinion without being called a hater.
    You have responded to numerous posts with negative comments--even now, calling her mediocre. I get it that you don't like her but to make it your mission to keep expressing your opinion shows a degree of hatred, in my opinion.

  3. #108
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    You have responded to numerous posts with negative comments--even now, calling her mediocre. I get it that you don't like her but to make it your mission to keep expressing your opinion shows a degree of hatred, in my opinion.
    Oh pls, give me a break. This is a forum where people express their opinions, both positive and negative. As someone mentioned in another thread, the word hatret/hate is used way too often "practically every time someone claims not to like something, or not to look forward to something". Trust me, I am not on a "mission" to show my "hatred" against Kiira. Bye.

  4. #109
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    115
    In her late teens Korpi occasionally tried 3loop-3toe which she nearly landed in 2006 Olys. If she could bring that back, she could also add a 2a-3t. Then her LP would be technically competitive.

  5. #110
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    What's the story behind Kiira going to Raphael?
    Raphael was coaching for a short time (a week or two) in Finland in the year 2013. Kiira liked it so much that she desired to go to USA to be coached by him. Then she got injured again. She healed herself in Europe for many months. Now she is able to go back to USA to Raphael.

  6. #111
    lurking.. 0v0 satine94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    541
    I'm surprised at all the drama in this thread. It's not even the kind.

  7. #112
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,637
    New Ice Network story about her comeback: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/23/85556100

    Icenetwork: What should we expect from the post-injury Kiira Korpi when competitions start?
    Korpi: I'm so happy to have been able to work with the amazing Carlos Avila de Borba since December of last year. Even when I went through the surgery, we never stopped working hard and as professional as possible. It's really great how well I could actually keep my condition up even when I had the cast on for six weeks.
    I've spent countless hours in the swimming pool, ballet room and on the stationary bike. We've been working so much to improve my flexibility, intramuscular strength, balance and motor skills as well as edge work and free body movements. I'm sure the people will notice a difference in my skating. It has become more like dancing!

  8. #113
    lurking.. 0v0 satine94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    541
    Thanks for the link, Mrs. P. I'm looking forward to her comeback even more now!

  9. #114
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,576
    All the dancy stuff will help her presentation scores, but she needs the 3t+3t, lutz and loop to keep her TES high enough to compete with the top skaters.

  10. #115
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,070
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    All the dancy stuff will help her presentation scores, but she needs the 3t+3t, lutz and loop to keep her TES high enough to compete with the top skaters.
    This can be said about anyone who wants to compete with the top skaters.

    I'm looking forward to seeing this new "dancier" Korpi. She's got the right idea - her comeback isn't about doing the jumps again, it's about bringing something new and fresh to the table.

  11. #116
    Custom Title snowflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,475
    Thanks Mrs P!

    I'm so exited to see her comeback. Kiira is a tough woman

  12. #117
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    115
    The music choice for the LP (Sibelius violin concerto) sounds very grown-up and quite challenging. I really hope she can pull it off.

  13. #118
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,576
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    This can be said about anyone who wants to compete with the top skaters.

    I'm looking forward to seeing this new "dancier" Korpi. She's got the right idea - her comeback isn't about doing the jumps again, it's about bringing something new and fresh to the table.
    If she wants to skate at Euros and Worlds, she has to have the minimum TES, so it does matter that she can do the jumps.

  14. #119
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,637
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    If she wants to skate at Euros and Worlds, she has to have the minimum TES, so it does matter that she can do the jumps.
    I think that's a given! I think CSG's point is that a successful comeback isn't going to be about out-jumping everyone, but bringing a distinct style of her own.

    Personally, prior to her injury, I thought Kiira was on to something awesome. I loved her programs from 2012-2013 and I look forward to seeing her this season!

  15. #120
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,142
    Korpi returned to the United States at the end of June to continue preparing for the new season under the guidance of her coach, Rafael Arutunian, whose students also include two-time U.S. champion Ashley Wagner and 2014 U.S. junior champion Nathan Chen.
    Is Adam no longer with Arutunian?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •