Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Kiira Korpi ready for comeback!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluver View Post
    Hmm.. This has nothing to do with "hatred". I think she is physically gorgeous but technically mediocre skater. Lepisto beat her throughout her career and rightfully so. I think I am entitled to my opinion without being called a hater.
    I don't call any female skater that's able to execute a reliable 3-3 as "technically mediocre".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluver View Post
    Hmm.. This has nothing to do with "hatred". I think she is physically gorgeous but technically mediocre skater. Lepisto beat her throughout her career and rightfully so. I think I am entitled to my opinion without being called a hater.
    You have responded to numerous posts with negative comments--even now, calling her mediocre. I get it that you don't like her but to make it your mission to keep expressing your opinion shows a degree of hatred, in my opinion.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    You have responded to numerous posts with negative comments--even now, calling her mediocre. I get it that you don't like her but to make it your mission to keep expressing your opinion shows a degree of hatred, in my opinion.
    Oh pls, give me a break. This is a forum where people express their opinions, both positive and negative. As someone mentioned in another thread, the word hatret/hate is used way too often "practically every time someone claims not to like something, or not to look forward to something". Trust me, I am not on a "mission" to show my "hatred" against Kiira. Bye.

Custom Title
    In her late teens Korpi occasionally tried 3loop-3toe which she nearly landed in 2006 Olys. If she could bring that back, she could also add a 2a-3t. Then her LP would be technically competitive.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    What's the story behind Kiira going to Raphael?
    Raphael was coaching for a short time (a week or two) in Finland in the year 2013. Kiira liked it so much that she desired to go to USA to be coached by him. Then she got injured again. She healed herself in Europe for many months. Now she is able to go back to USA to Raphael.

I'm surprised at all the drama in this thread. It's not even the kind.

New Ice Network story about her comeback: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/23/85556100

Icenetwork: What should we expect from the post-injury Kiira Korpi when competitions start?
    Korpi: I'm so happy to have been able to work with the amazing Carlos Avila de Borba since December of last year. Even when I went through the surgery, we never stopped working hard and as professional as possible. It's really great how well I could actually keep my condition up even when I had the cast on for six weeks.
    I've spent countless hours in the swimming pool, ballet room and on the stationary bike. We've been working so much to improve my flexibility, intramuscular strength, balance and motor skills as well as edge work and free body movements. I'm sure the people will notice a difference in my skating. It has become more like dancing!

Thanks for the link, Mrs. P. I'm looking forward to her comeback even more now!

Custom Title
    All the dancy stuff will help her presentation scores, but she needs the 3t+3t, lutz and loop to keep her TES high enough to compete with the top skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    All the dancy stuff will help her presentation scores, but she needs the 3t+3t, lutz and loop to keep her TES high enough to compete with the top skaters.
    This can be said about anyone who wants to compete with the top skaters.

I'm looking forward to seeing this new "dancier" Korpi. She's got the right idea - her comeback isn't about doing the jumps again, it's about bringing something new and fresh to the table.

Thanks Mrs P!

I'm so exited to see her comeback. Kiira is a tough woman

Custom Title
    The music choice for the LP (Sibelius violin concerto) sounds very grown-up and quite challenging. I really hope she can pull it off.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    This can be said about anyone who wants to compete with the top skaters.

I'm looking forward to seeing this new "dancier" Korpi. She's got the right idea - her comeback isn't about doing the jumps again, it's about bringing something new and fresh to the table.
    If she wants to skate at Euros and Worlds, she has to have the minimum TES, so it does matter that she can do the jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    If she wants to skate at Euros and Worlds, she has to have the minimum TES, so it does matter that she can do the jumps.
    I think that's a given! I think CSG's point is that a successful comeback isn't going to be about out-jumping everyone, but bringing a distinct style of her own.

Personally, prior to her injury, I thought Kiira was on to something awesome. I loved her programs from 2012-2013 and I look forward to seeing her this season!

Custom Title
    Korpi returned to the United States at the end of June to continue preparing for the new season under the guidance of her coach, Rafael Arutunian, whose students also include two-time U.S. champion Ashley Wagner and 2014 U.S. junior champion Nathan Chen.
    Is Adam no longer with Arutunian?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast