Skate Detroit 2014 July 22 to 26 | Golden Skate

Skate Detroit 2014 July 22 to 26

Arianne

On the Ice
Drat. I'm thinking about going. It's been a great comp in the past. I'm wondering if any of the new pair teams will show up here. Is there are section for some ice dance again? Possibly as exhibition at least?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last year, Skate Detroit was swamped with applications and Liberty was not as popular with skaters as in previous years.

The pairs field has always been very good at Detroit, and probably will be again.

There is no ice dance in this competition. The big summer comp for US dancers is Lake Placid IDC.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Last year I think there were 2 junior dance teams and 1 senior dance team. Pairs last year was quite the event with about 14 or 15 senior pairs....

I think it was Sylvia that mentioned on FSU that Haven Denney/Frazier list Skate Detroit on their facebook page. It is just so difficult to find out who will be competing since DSC doesn't publish anything in advance. In years past some info would be available on Don Korte's page, but nothing was posted in advance on his website last year.

I'm hoping to attend Weds, Thurs, and Friday. Unfortunately on Saturday I have a conflict and won't be able to stay for ladies finals.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last year I think there were 2 junior dance teams and 1 senior dance team. Pairs last year was quite the event with about 14 or 15 senior pairs....

I'm hoping to attend Weds, Thurs, and Friday. Unfortunately on Saturday I have a conflict and won't be able to stay for ladies finals.

Have a great time, MFarone. :) Do you think Aaron/Settlage will compete this year?

Too bad no ice dance this year. The dancers last year were Hubbell/Donohue, Hawayek/Baker, and Lewis/Bye.

Arianne

On the Ice
I wish we could get a list of entries. It would help me decide if, I'm going to make the trip...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
More names of Skate Detroit entries as seen here and there:

Amber Glenn, per her events page.

ETA:
Andrei Rogozine, per a list posted by Skate Ontario.
The list includes also many other Canadian entries (pre-novice thru senior) for Skate Detroit. Rogozine's name is the only one that I happen to recognize.​

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Haven Denney/Frazier have decided not to compete at Skate Detroit and will start their season at Cranberry Open in August (according to their website).

Someone I know slightly reported that Tarah Kayne/Danny O'Shea will be competing at Skate Detroit...so that is good news.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm hoping to attend at least the senior events on Friday and Saturday, and maybe Thursday too. Silly 9-5 job getting in the way! I'm definitely curious to see some of these entrants in person.

macy

Record Breaker
Anyone know where to find a schedule? I want to go watch on final rounds day like I do every year but don korte has nothing on his site. Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sorry Lafleche but Detroit Skating Club does not post any of the information about competitors or groups. They do offer a program in the lobby which lists this information - cost last year was $5.

Could someone post the list of competitors via their flight for the Junior and Senior event please

Arianne

On the Ice
If someone picks up the list of competitors, it would be nice if it was posted! : )