2016/2017 ISU Championships provisional allotments | Golden Skate

2016/2017 ISU Championships provisional allotments

ice coverage

Record Breaker
2016/17 ISU Championships provisional allotments

The full list of provisional allotments for ISU Championships 2016/17 is below.
If I am not mistaken, only the Helsinki news was posted elsewhere on GS today. (Or were some of these locations previously announced? :think:)
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51000-Helsinki-will-host-2017-Worlds (the Helsinki thread for those who want to discuss only Worlds)​
The Korea test event makes sense.
Taipei :) gets another biggie: Junior Worlds.​

15 Jun 2014 - Dublin, Ireland

The ISU Council has made the following ISU Championships allotments:

Provisional Allotments ISU Championships Season 2016/17 ISU Championships

• ISU European Figure Skating Championships – Ostrava/Czech Republic
  • ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships – Gangneug/Republic of Korea (Olympic Test Event)
  • ISU Junior World Figure Skating Championships – Taipei City/Chinese Taipei
  • ISU World Figure Skating Championships – Helsinki/Finland
  • ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships – Colorado Springs/ United States of America
  • ISU World Junior Synchronized Skating Championships – Mississauga/Canada

http://www.isu.org/en/news-and-events/news/2014/06/isu-championships-2017-provisional-allotments

96skiluvr

On the Ice

• ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships – Gangneug/Republic of Korea (Olympic Test Event)

Euros: I was unaware that Ostrava had a big enough sports arena - maybe it's just me, but I feel like big ISU Championships should be in bigger cities that a) attract bigger local crowds and b) are more accessible to international fans. But maybe that's just me.
4CC: Good that there's a big event in South Korea the year before they host the Olympics
JW: After the turnout (or lack thereof) at 4CC this year in Taipei (and in 2011), I'm tad bit confused as to why they were awarded yet another big ISU Championship
Worlds: I love that Worlds will be in a neutral country for the first time in a LONG time. While I like to see home town crowd support for skaters, I don't like the score bumps that tend to be inevitable, so I'm glad to see it in a neutral country. From what I've heard, Helsinki is a lovely city, so great to have Worlds there! If I remember correctly, the crowds were pretty supportive at 2009 Euros, so it should be successful. On a totally selfish note, there's a chance I'll be studying abroad in Germany for the spring semester of 2017, so I really hope I can go

GF2445

Record Breaker
The full list of provisional allotments for ISU Championships 2016/17 is below.
If I am not mistaken, only the Helsinki news was posted elsewhere on GS today. (Or were some of these locations previously announced? :think:)
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51000-Helsinki-will-host-2017-Worlds (the Helsinki thread for those who want to discuss only Worlds)​
The Korea test event makes sense.
Taipei :) gets another biggie: Junior Worlds.​

15 Jun 2014 - Dublin, Ireland

The ISU Council has made the following ISU Championships allotments:

• ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships – Colorado Springs/ United States of America
  • ISU World Junior Synchronized Skating Championships – Mississauga/Canada

http://www.isu.org/en/news-and-events/news/2014/06/isu-championships-2017-provisional-allotments

It has to said, nations that voted against abolishing anonymous judging got it good this season,usa and canada get the synchro skating championships

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why the flock does Taipei continue to get these events?

makaihime

Final Flight
It has to said, nations that voted against abolishing anonymous judging got it good this season,usa and canada get the synchro skating championships

AGAINST anonymous judging
Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Belgium, Bosnia/Herzegovina, Canada, China, Croatia, Denmark, France, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Japan, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United States

I think you're misunderstanding the list. The countries above are AGAINST anonymous judging, meaning they voted for it to be abolished.

NMURA

Medalist
Why the flock does Taipei continue to get these events?

4CC is not a coveted event especially in the Olympic season. I think they are rewarded for hosting 4CC which surely ended up in red ink. Maybe JSF is supporting it since Taiwan will be the de facto home for Japan (as usual).