Broadmoor Open 2014. June 25 to 28 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Broadmoor Open 2014. June 25 to 28

ice coverage

Record Breaker
There isn't a K&C per se. You can see the skaters at the gate with their entourage. I don't recall seeing Mirai talking to anyone who appeared to be a coach.

Thx for your explanation, humbaba.
(And thx to Mrs. P, who in another thread later reported a sighting of Tom Z with Nagasu at the boards.)

I was there in person, loved Jordan's and Jason's programs- can't wait to see how they develop throughout the season. Marai's long was amazing- she skated last and got a standing ovation out of the 3 1/2 people who were in the audience! Too bad about Jordan's problem with the music- he finally got it on his iphone and that's how they played the last part of his program music.

Thx for your report, Marisha. I had had a feeling that you would attend to show your continuing support for all the local skaters. :)

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you Marisha for the rinkside report! And thanks again to Mrs. P!:clap:

I hope to see Mirai build on this and get even better as the season progresses. Ashley Cain is throwing down early! Can't wait to see her performances too!

eta: I saw this tweet from Amy Rosewater: ‏@amyrosewater 6h
Hear @mirai_nagasu attempted two 3 Axels in warmup for FS at Broadmoor Open. Could be a sign of things to come? #exciting
South Carolina, USA

Could anyone confirm if Mirai did indeed attempt the 3A during warmups at Broadmoor?

lavender

Record Breaker
Very impressive! it's rough right now, of course, but as the season progresses and he cleans up the rough edges, I think this will shape up to be a knockout program. Good for him! He's a great talent, and it's nice to see him developing.

Yeah you can tell it’s early in the preseason but I really like this program and you can see such potential once Jason gets into that seasonal shape.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

For posterity, permalinks for the 2014 results are below.
(I fear the 2014 results links will disappear from the Events page when the 2015 results are published.)

2014 6.0 Results

2014 OLY- IJS Results

2014 WA- IJS Results
http://www.broadmoorskatingclub.com/2014 BOIJSWA.pdf (14 pages, incl. Junior and Senior Men's and Ladies, etc.)​