Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Scariest Movies You've Ever Seen!

Custom Title

Scariest Movies You've Ever Seen!

Actually horror movies are not my thing at all. But once in a while it is fun to watch something that scare the living daylights out of you. I for one have no problem watching them during the day but not after sunset. I know I'm a wimp. But if you've seen Asian horror movies you'll understand.

My all time favourite is Ju-On (Japanese Original).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7nIkgnjIyU
    (WARNING: Not For The Faint Hearted.)

I want to see an albino whale in real life
    Err...seems like this is one of those threads that I need to avoid. (Sorry)

Anyway, I partially watched Nosferatu when I was like 6 or 7. His face really freaked me out so I had to make an excuse to escape.

ps. Nosferatu isn't really the scariest movie I watched but I just wanted to add my input.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Yep, I would say Asian (Japnese movies) are quite scary. Not horror, which I don't like, but really scary.
    I don't remember the title but the one with the two sisters is scary. I also think Freaks it's scary and a great movie as well.

Custom Title
    The Woman in Black (shudder)

Actually I'm a total wimp and don't watch scary movies, generally. I certainly don't watch "horror" as I'm not fond of blood, guts & gore - which I don't think are particurlarly scary anyway. The creeping atmospheric kind is far more scary to me - and I generally avoid them; but I'm also fond of what I'd call "spooky stories" - I like reading them, and then they don't scare me at all. So, I watched The Woman in Black... I won't be watching the forthcoming sequel, that's for sure!

Custom Title
    The ring (US version) was a good thriller

Halloween (the original with Jamie lee Curtis) who hasn't had the nightmare of some guy chasing you with a big knife?

Jaws - because man-attacking sharks is a scary, the little music they always play when the shark is on the prowl makes my skin crawl

The grudge & grudge 2 - the stairs scene and the hallway scenes get me every time.

I enjoy a good scary movie every once in a while but for the most part I stick to classic scare movies, the new stuff relies to much on fake blood which is just gross not scary.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny_stars View Post
    Err...seems like this is one of those threads that I need to avoid. (Sorry)
    This is just like covering your eyes and peeking through your fingers.

@LRK I don't easily get scared from reading because when it comes to horror or ghost stories I tend to keep my imagination to the lowest level. And definitely not for my night time reading.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    This is just like covering your eyes and peeking through your fingers.

@LRK I don't easily get scared from reading because when it comes to horror or ghost stories I tend to keep my imagination to the lowest level. And definitely not for my night time reading.
    It's the music, BusyMom - the music! Why I've even been scared watching a Sherlock Holmes story - the speckled band - even though I knew precisely what was about to happen! And I hate things suddenly jumping out at me. Once I was so scared at the Muppet Show I ran out of the living room, through the hall, and into the bathroom..... okay, so I was slightly younger then... (I think it was a black gorilla that suddenly jumped out - not that I'm sure since... I didn't stay to look, did I? )

I've been scared reading once, when I read the collected stories of M R James (he's brilliant, by the way) - by the end, they got to me! But I think it was reading them all at once, one after the other, that did me in - I mean, one of the last ones I'd read before and hadn't bothered me at all; now it gave me the creeps! Oh, and the one with the wallpaper... and hair... (shudder)

Custom Title
    ^ Even The Picture of Dorian Gray and Wuthering Heights gave me a creep. When it come to horror I'm totally a coward.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Yep, I would say Asian (Japnese movies) are quite scary. Not horror, which I don't like, but really scary.
    I don't remember the title but the one with the two sisters is scary. I also think Freaks it's scary and a great movie as well.
    Do you mean this movie? http://www.bloggang.com/data/navagan...1232542167.jpg
    I bailed out after 15 minutes.

Custom Title
    ^ Even The Picture of Dorian Gray and Wuthering Heights gave me a creep. When it come to horror I'm totally a coward.
    Me, too!

I couldn't bear to watch some of the dino-munching scenes in Jurassic Park (but I bought the soundtrack which I - hey, it's a John Williams one)!

Yes. It's scary isn't it?
    Also Dark Water, Marebito, Noroi, The Slit Mouthed Woman, Three... Extremes. But one of the most disturbing movies I've seen, and can't see it twice, is Martyrs.

Pure horror movies usually do make me laugh tbh. Especially those done in the west. What scares me is what I don't see but feel.

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    oh God, make them go away or I'll have to hide in my bed again
    I really hate horror movies with all my heart, I have absolutely no idea why I watch those from time to time. (It might just be the fact that I'm really stupid. Why else would I once actually have chosen to take a seminar about horror movies... because I'm an idiot, that's why)

And I swear, there's some supernatural being that really doesn't want me to watch them. Because every time I do, you can bet you a** that when I walk home from the movies in the middle of the night, a car will come out of nowhere and backfire right next to me, just to give me a heart attack. Or there will be a blackout 10 seconds after the movie ended, or some crazy animal noises come from the garden as soon as I open a window, or I accidentally lock my cat in the closet and then there will be weird scratching noises all night long... you name it.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    And I swear, there's some supernatural being that really doesn't want me to watch them. Because every time I do, you can bet you a** that when I walk home from the movies in the middle of the night, a car will come out of nowhere and backfire right next to me, just to give me a heart attack. Or there will be a blackout 10 seconds after the movie ended, or some crazy animal noises come from the garden as soon as I open a window, or I accidentally lock my cat in the closet and then there will be weird scratching noises all night long... you name it.
    ^^ And this, ladies & gents, is why I absolutely can NOT watch horror movies. If they ever start awarding OGMs for being a wuss, yours truly will be a major contender.

Pamina, once again you're making me ROTFLMAO -- have you ever considered a career in comedy writing? And you know, those weird scratching noises aren't even the worst thing about accidently locking your cat in a closet. I mean, assuming there's no litter pan in the closet, the result could be an especially nasty kind of horror. Not to mention smelly.

Alba -- right there with you on the part about not seeing but feeling. The horrors in my fevered imagination are way worse than anything a filmmaker can cook up!

Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    Alba -- right there with you on the part about not seeing but feeling. The horrors in my fevered imagination are way worse than anything a filmmaker can cook up!
    I think Zombie movies are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    oh God, make them go away or I'll have to hide in my bed again
    I really hate horror movies with all my heart, I have absolutely no idea why I watch those from time to time. (It might just be the fact that I'm really stupid. Why else would I once actually have chosen to take a seminar about horror movies... because I'm an idiot, that's why)

Skatedreamr is right, you should write comedy stuff.

Talking about animals. I remember an old movie, and I was little when I saw it, with a terrible cat. It's a pity because I don't remember the title but it was an american movie I think. Basically this cat was killing people in a house. It was quite scary.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast