Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Scariest Movies You've Ever Seen!

Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    ^^ And this, ladies & gents, is why I absolutely can NOT watch horror movies. If they ever start awarding OGMs for being a wuss, yours truly will be a major contender.

Pamina, once again you're making me ROTFLMAO -- have you ever considered a career in comedy writing? And you know, those weird scratching noises aren't even the worst thing about accidently locking your cat in a closet. I mean, assuming there's no litter pan in the closet, the result could be an especially nasty kind of horror. Not to mention smelly.

Alba -- right there with you on the part about not seeing but feeling. The horrors in my fevered imagination are way worse than anything a filmmaker can cook up!
    There is this old movie with Kirk Douglas that I haven't seen, but I have seen parts of it (it used to run on TCM when I had it), in which he plays either a movie director or producer - I forget... (I've also forgotten the title.... ) But, anyway, they are terribly low on cash, and are making this movie Attack of the Cat People (or some such), and first they have some guys in some kind of cat suits that just look utterly ridiculous... And then he realises that, you know, it is what we can't see that scares us. So, it's more effective - and low cost - to not show anything at all, really. Just play with light and dark and shadows, and perhaps show a cat's eyes... That kind of thing.

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    Pamina, once again you're making me ROTFLMAO -- have you ever considered a career in comedy writing? And you know, those weird scratching noises aren't even the worst thing about accidently locking your cat in a closet. I mean, assuming there's no litter pan in the closet, the result could be an especially nasty kind of horror. Not to mention smelly.
    I'll put it on the list

You know, those stories would probably be even more funny if they hadn't actually all happened to me. Something like this happens every. single. time. It's not just in my head (well, it's mainly there, but not just) I'm just a very lucky girl that I have such a well-behaved cat, or that closet thing might have gotten really ugly

A friend (using the term loosely) once tried to make me watch Repo. The Genetic Opera. Um, no. I caught some clips on youtube. Having nightmares for the rest of my life is one thing, but I don't have to make my ears bleed in the process. (also, anything with Paris Hilton in it should be on some kind of scary no-go list anyway)

It's not really a horror movie, but one very precious childhood memory of mine that still scares the bejeezus out of me: my parents accidentally let me watch Watership Down because they thought it was just some cute bunny movie... gah, that was like 20 years ago and I still can't even think about that movie without getting nervous convulsions.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    What scares me is what I don't see but feel.
    Totally agree. My brother tricked me to watch Michael Keaton's White Noise once. It is one of the scariest movies for me. It still haunts me to these days since I have to do some works during the night in general. Imagine went past the living room to get to the kitchen and your kids forget to switch the TV off after movie's night.

Another movie is Event Horizon. I'm not so sure why but it scared me to he** and back. Might be entering the unknown zone part or the fact that I misunderstood it for a Sci-fi movie before watching.

Pamina yes I agree with everyones about your entertaining posts but I think you can do well with the horror too.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Talking about animals. I remember an old movie, and I was little when I saw it, with a terrible cat. It's a pity because I don't remember the title but it was an american movie I think. Basically this cat was killing people in a house. It was quite scary.
    I seem to recall a creepy one called "The Black Cat," maybe starring Bela Lugosi but am not sure; also not sure that it's American. It's Google time again!

EDIT: here's a link for the Lugosi film, although it doesn't sound like the one you're thinking of. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0024894/
    Last edited by skatedreamer; 06-19-2014 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    Totally agree. My brother tricked me to watch Michael Keaton's White Noise once. It is one of the scariest movies for me. It still haunts me to these days since I have to do some works during the night in general. Imagine went past the living room to get to the kitchen and your kids forget to switch the TV off after movie's night.
    You know, there's something about Michael Keaton's face in and of itself that I find creepy -- can't explain why. He's a terrific comedian but he just gives me the willies sometimes.

Custom Title
    You know, there's something about Michael Keaton's face in and of itself that I find creepy -- can't explain why. He's a terrific comedian but he just gives me the willies sometimes.
    now I imagine you watching the first Batman movie.

I seem to recall a creepy one called "The Black Cat," maybe starring Bela Lugosi but am not sure; also not sure that it's American. It's Google time again!

EDIT: here's a link for the Lugosi film, although it doesn't sound like the one you're thinking of. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0024894/
    I'm not sure. All I can remember is a creepy house with a creppy cat, and the movie was in black&white.
    I was little and seen it once only.

Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post

Another movie is Event Horizon. I'm not so sure why but it scared me to he** and back. Might be entering the unknown zone part or the fact that I misunderstood it for a Sci-fi movie before watching.
    I don't think I've seen these movies. I have to check.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    IIt's not really a horror movie, but one very precious childhood memory of mine that still scares the bejeezus out of me: my parents accidentally let me watch Watership Down because they thought it was just some cute bunny movie... gah, that was like 20 years ago and I still can't even think about that movie without getting nervous convulsions.
    I loved Watership Down when I read it many years ago but have never seen the movie. The book ain't no cute bunny story, either, but if you've never read it, it's worth picking up. You're probably old enough to read it now without getting too scared!

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I loved Watership Down when I read it many years ago but have never seen the movie. The book ain't no cute bunny story, either, but if you've never read it, it's worth picking up. You're probably old enough to read it now without getting too scared!
    I'm reading that book right now I've never seen the movie either.

Don't laugh but when I was young (probably 8yrs old or somewhere in there)I went thru my parents VHS collection and found a movie from back in the eighties that freaked me out. It was called Cocoon and I waited a few weeks to fess up to my mom that I had watched it without her permission. It's probably not scary but at my young age I was freaked the frig out. Maybe creeped out is a better term. My mom noticed I had been acting weird around pools and she finally drug it out of me. Now I'm just embarrassed sharing this here.

http://youtu.be/iU5MHGtgA38

I haven't also seen the movie, but I have read the book and I like it very much, too! I like in general the "animal fantasy" (or however it is properly called).

As for scary movies, I rarely watch them - but when I was young, I was a big fan of "X-files" series... The most scary movie that I've seen, I think, was "The Ring" (US version)...

Custom Title
    Psycho

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    I appreciate the suggestion, skatedreamer, but I've filed that one under "childhood trauma" and that's where it's gonna stay
    Seriously, to this day I cannot look at those monstrous rabbits (whatever they are really called) without getting the creeps. And just to prove to me that karma really is a b*tch, a few months after this delightful experience, our next door neighbors got like 5 or 6 of those monsters and had them live in their front garden during summertime. Made coming home from school extremely awesome.

Does weird scary count? Because then I'd say pretty much everything David Lynch. That guy takes your mind, puts it in a blender, adds a grain of salt and then sends you home confused and disturbed (Lost Highway really did wonders for my nightmare problem)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Psycho
    Even though I've never been able to watch "Psycho" all the way through, every now and then I get a creepy feeling before stepping into the shower!

EDIT: Just thought of another scary movie: "Village of the Damned" (British?) from the early '60s. It features these kids with super-human powers whose eyes glow like a cat's in the dark. When I saw it as a kid, it turned my brains inside out! Years later it doesn't seem quite so bad but it's still good for a goosebump or two.

Let's Scare Jessica To Death.

I remember as a kid seeing this pale redhead ghost woman slowly come to the surface of a lake and slowly walk towards shore.

Custom Title
    Just thought of another scary movie: "Village of the Damned" (British?) from the early '60s. It features these kids with super-human powers whose eyes glow like a cat's in the dark. When I saw it as a kid, it turned my brains inside out! Years later it doesn't seem quite so bad but it's still good for a goosebump or two.
    I watched the 1995 version with Christopher Reeve and Kristy Alley. Creepy Enough.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast