Scariest Movies You've Ever Seen! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Scariest Movies You've Ever Seen!

BusyMom

Medalist
You know, there's something about Michael Keaton's face in and of itself that I find creepy -- can't explain why. He's a terrific comedian but he just gives me the willies sometimes. :slink:
:laugh: now I imagine you watching the first Batman movie.

Alba

Record Breaker
I seem to recall a creepy one called "The Black Cat," maybe starring Bela Lugosi but am not sure; also not sure that it's American. It's Google time again! :laugh:

EDIT: here's a link for the Lugosi film, although it doesn't sound like the one you're thinking of. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0024894/

I'm not sure. All I can remember is a creepy house with a creppy cat, and the movie was in black&white. :think:
I was little and seen it once only.

Totally agree. My brother tricked me to watch Michael Keaton's White Noise once. It is one of the scariest movies for me. It still haunts me to these days since I have to do some works during the night in general. Imagine went past the living room to get to the kitchen and your kids forget to switch the TV off after movie's night. :eek:

Another movie is Event Horizon. I'm not so sure why but it scared me to he** and back. Might be entering the unknown zone part or the fact that I misunderstood it for a Sci-fi movie before watching.

I don't think I've seen these movies. I have to check.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
IIt's not really a horror movie, but one very precious childhood memory of mine that still scares the bejeezus out of me: my parents accidentally let me watch Watership Down because they thought it was just some cute bunny movie... gah, that was like 20 years ago and I still can't even think about that movie without getting nervous convulsions.

I loved Watership Down when I read it many years ago but have never seen the movie. The book ain't no cute bunny story, either, :) but if you've never read it, it's worth picking up. You're probably old enough to read it now without getting too scared! :biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I loved Watership Down when I read it many years ago but have never seen the movie. The book ain't no cute bunny story, either, :) but if you've never read it, it's worth picking up. You're probably old enough to read it now without getting too scared! :biggrin:
I'm reading that book right now :) I've never seen the movie either.

Don't laugh but when I was young (probably 8yrs old or somewhere in there)I went thru my parents VHS collection and found a movie from back in the eighties that freaked me out. It was called Cocoon and I waited a few weeks to fess up to my mom that I had watched it without her permission. It's probably not scary but at my young age I was freaked the frig out. Maybe creeped out is a better term. My mom noticed I had been acting weird around pools and she finally drug it out of me. Now I'm just embarrassed sharing this here.

http://youtu.be/iU5MHGtgA38

borzaya

Final Flight
I haven't also seen the movie, but I have read the book and I like it very much, too! :yes: I like in general the "animal fantasy" (or however it is properly called).

As for scary movies, I rarely watch them - but when I was young, I was a big fan of "X-files" series... The most scary movie that I've seen, I think, was "The Ring" (US version)...

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I appreciate the suggestion, skatedreamer, but I've filed that one under "childhood trauma" and that's where it's gonna stay :biggrin:
Seriously, to this day I cannot look at those monstrous rabbits (whatever they are really called) without getting the creeps. And just to prove to me that karma really is a b*tch, a few months after this delightful experience, our next door neighbors got like 5 or 6 of those monsters and had them live in their front garden during summertime. Made coming home from school extremely awesome.

Does weird scary count? Because then I'd say pretty much everything David Lynch. That guy takes your mind, puts it in a blender, adds a grain of salt and then sends you home confused and disturbed (Lost Highway really did wonders for my nightmare problem)

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States

Even though I've never been able to watch "Psycho" all the way through, every now and then I get a creepy feeling before stepping into the shower! :slink:

EDIT: Just thought of another scary movie: "Village of the Damned" (British?) from the early '60s. It features these kids with super-human powers whose eyes glow like a cat's in the dark. When I saw it as a kid, it turned my brains inside out! Years later it doesn't seem quite so bad but it's still good for a goosebump or two. ;)

Johar

Medalist
Let's Scare Jessica To Death.

I remember as a kid seeing this pale redhead ghost woman slowly come to the surface of a lake and slowly walk towards shore.

BusyMom

Medalist
Just thought of another scary movie: "Village of the Damned" (British?) from the early '60s. It features these kids with super-human powers whose eyes glow like a cat's in the dark. When I saw it as a kid, it turned my brains inside out! Years later it doesn't seem quite so bad but it's still good for a goosebump or two. ;)
I watched the 1995 version with Christopher Reeve and Kristy Alley. Creepy Enough. :slink:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I watched the 1995 version with Christopher Reeve and Kristy Alley. Creepy Enough. :slink:

I've never seen that version; will look for it on Netflix.

Not sure what made me think of it (kind of wish I hadn't) but how about Marathon Man for scary? The bit w/ Laurence Olivier as the crazed dentist...ohlordhavemercyonusall!!! :eek:

Johar

Medalist
Does anyone remember a Karen Black/Oliver Reed/Bette Davis movie called Burnt Offerings?

wolfpacker

Rinkside
Immediately after watching The Ring the phone started ringing. My hubby and I looked at each other and said, "You get it!"

BusyMom

Medalist
Does anyone remember a Karen Black/Oliver Reed/Bette Davis movie called Burnt Offerings?

I never heard of the movie but I find the full movie on YouTube. How scary is it? (I need some inside before watching) :laugh:

foruiz

Final Flight
Japanese and Thai films could really give a scare. I have not gathered the guts to see Bangkok Haunted and Nang Nak yet.

BusyMom

Medalist
Japanese and Thai films could really give a scare. I have not gathered the guts to see Bangkok Haunted and Nang Nak yet.
My advice....don't watch it unless you have a nerve of steel. Thai movies are pretty hard-core. I watched Shutter (the original not the Hollywood version) and after all these years I still carry the feeling that someone watching me. :disapp:

Thai movie industries build their name quite solid in the horror divisions. There will be a lot of remake English versions coming out in the near future. Just like Korean successfully build their franchises with beautiful scenes and tragic love stories.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
My advice....don't watch it unless you have a nerve of steel. Thai movies are pretty hard-core. I watched Shutter (the original not the Hollywood version) and after all these years I still carry the feeling that someone watching me. :disapp:

Thai movie industries build their name quite solid in the horror divisions. There will be a lot of remake English versions coming out in the near future. Just like Korean successfully build their franchises with beautiful scenes and tragic love stories.

Yikes, if the Thai films are that hard-core, I shudder to think what they might do w/ Silence of the Lambs or Psycho! :eek: :eek: :eek:

BusyMom

Medalist
Yikes, if the Thai films are that hard-core, I shudder to think what they might do w/ Silence of the Lambs or Psycho! :eek: :eek: :eek:
:laugh: Don't worry Psychological Thrillers are not our things. The Omen, Poltergeist or even The Sixth Sense are more likely. Our culture is weaving around supernatural and Buddhism. We have too many Bogeyman to be frighten for while growing up. I think only The Philippines could easily beaten us in that aspects. :slink: