Scariest Movies You've Ever Seen! | Golden Skate

Scariest Movies You've Ever Seen!

BusyMom

Medalist
Actually horror movies are not my thing at all. But once in a while it is fun to watch something that scare the living daylights out of you. I for one have no problem watching them during the day but not after sunset. :slink: I know I'm a wimp. :biggrin: But if you've seen Asian horror movies you'll understand.

My all time favourite is Ju-On (Japanese Original).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7nIkgnjIyU
(WARNING: Not For The Faint Hearted.)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Err...seems like this is one of those threads that I need to avoid. (Sorry)

Anyway, I partially watched Nosferatu when I was like 6 or 7. His face really freaked me out so I had to make an excuse to escape.

ps. Nosferatu isn't really the scariest movie I watched but I just wanted to add my input. :)

Alba

Record Breaker
Yep, I would say Asian (Japnese movies) are quite scary. Not horror, which I don't like, but really scary.
I don't remember the title but the one with the two sisters is scary. I also think Freaks it's scary and a great movie as well.

LRK

Record Breaker
The Woman in Black (shudder)

Actually I'm a total wimp and don't watch scary movies, generally. I certainly don't watch "horror" as I'm not fond of blood, guts & gore - which I don't think are particurlarly scary anyway. The creeping atmospheric kind is far more scary to me - and I generally avoid them; but I'm also fond of what I'd call "spooky stories" - I like reading them, and then they don't scare me at all. So, I watched The Woman in Black... I won't be watching the forthcoming sequel, that's for sure!

Amei

Record Breaker
The ring (US version) was a good thriller

Halloween (the original with Jamie lee Curtis) who hasn't had the nightmare of some guy chasing you with a big knife?

Jaws - because man-attacking sharks is a scary, the little music they always play when the shark is on the prowl makes my skin crawl

The grudge & grudge 2 - the stairs scene and the hallway scenes get me every time.

I enjoy a good scary movie every once in a while but for the most part I stick to classic scare movies, the new stuff relies to much on fake blood which is just gross not scary.

BusyMom

Medalist
Err...seems like this is one of those threads that I need to avoid. (Sorry)

:laugh: This is just like covering your eyes and peeking through your fingers. :yay:

@LRK I don't easily get scared from reading because when it comes to horror or ghost stories I tend to keep my imagination to the lowest level. :biggrin: And definitely not for my night time reading.

LRK

Record Breaker
:laugh: This is just like covering your eyes and peeking through your fingers. :yay:

@LRK I don't easily get scared from reading because when it comes to horror or ghost stories I tend to keep my imagination to the lowest level. :biggrin: And definitely not for my night time reading.

It's the music, BusyMom - the music! Why I've even been scared watching a Sherlock Holmes story - the speckled band - even though I knew precisely what was about to happen! And I hate things suddenly jumping out at me. Once I was so scared at the Muppet Show I ran out of the living room, through the hall, and into the bathroom..... okay, so I was slightly younger then... (I think it was a black gorilla that suddenly jumped out - not that I'm sure since... I didn't stay to look, did I? ;) )

I've been scared reading once, when I read the collected stories of M R James (he's brilliant, by the way) - by the end, they got to me! But I think it was reading them all at once, one after the other, that did me in - I mean, one of the last ones I'd read before and hadn't bothered me at all; now it gave me the creeps! Oh, and the one with the wallpaper... and hair... (shudder)

BusyMom

Medalist
^ Even The Picture of Dorian Gray and Wuthering Heights gave me a creep. When it come to horror I'm totally a coward.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I couldn't bear to watch some of the dino-munching scenes in Jurassic Park (but I bought the soundtrack which I :love: - hey, it's a John Williams one)!

Alba

Record Breaker
Do you mean this movie? http://www.bloggang.com/data/navagan/picture/1232542167.jpg
I bailed out after 15 minutes. :no:

Yes. :laugh: It's scary isn't it?
Also Dark Water, Marebito, Noroi, The Slit Mouthed Woman, Three... Extremes. But one of the most disturbing movies I've seen, and can't see it twice, is Martyrs.

Pure horror movies usually do make me laugh tbh. Especially those done in the west. What scares me is what I don't see but feel.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Do you mean this movie? http://www.bloggang.com/data/navagan/picture/1232542167.jpg
I bailed out after 15 minutes. :no:
oh God, make them go away or I'll have to hide in my bed again :slink:
I really hate horror movies with all my heart, I have absolutely no idea why I watch those from time to time. (It might just be the fact that I'm really stupid. Why else would I once actually have chosen to take a seminar about horror movies... because I'm an idiot, that's why)

And I swear, there's some supernatural being that really doesn't want me to watch them. Because every time I do, you can bet you a** that when I walk home from the movies in the middle of the night, a car will come out of nowhere and backfire right next to me, just to give me a heart attack. Or there will be a blackout 10 seconds after the movie ended, or some crazy animal noises come from the garden as soon as I open a window, or I accidentally lock my cat in the closet and then there will be weird scratching noises all night long... you name it.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
And I swear, there's some supernatural being that really doesn't want me to watch them. Because every time I do, you can bet you a** that when I walk home from the movies in the middle of the night, a car will come out of nowhere and backfire right next to me, just to give me a heart attack. Or there will be a blackout 10 seconds after the movie ended, or some crazy animal noises come from the garden as soon as I open a window, or I accidentally lock my cat in the closet and then there will be weird scratching noises all night long... you name it.

^^ And this, ladies & gents, is why I absolutely can NOT watch horror movies. If they ever start awarding OGMs for being a wuss, yours truly will be a major contender.

Pamina, once again you're making me ROTFLMAO -- have you ever considered a career in comedy writing? :rock: :bow: And you know, those weird scratching noises aren't even the worst thing about accidently locking your cat in a closet. I mean, assuming there's no litter pan in the closet, the result could be an especially nasty kind of horror. Not to mention smelly. :eek:

Alba -- right there with you on the part about not seeing but feeling. The horrors in my fevered imagination are way worse than anything a filmmaker can cook up! :biggrin:

Alba

Record Breaker
Alba -- right there with you on the part about not seeing but feeling. The horrors in my fevered imagination are way worse than anything a filmmaker can cook up! :biggrin:

I think Zombie movies are hilarious. :laugh:

oh God, make them go away or I'll have to hide in my bed again :slink:
I really hate horror movies with all my heart, I have absolutely no idea why I watch those from time to time. (It might just be the fact that I'm really stupid. Why else would I once actually have chosen to take a seminar about horror movies... because I'm an idiot, that's why)

Skatedreamr is right, you should write comedy stuff. :yes:

Talking about animals. I remember an old movie, and I was little when I saw it, with a terrible cat. It's a pity because I don't remember the title but it was an american movie I think. Basically this cat was killing people in a house. It was quite scary. :slink:

LRK

Record Breaker
^^ And this, ladies & gents, is why I absolutely can NOT watch horror movies. If they ever start awarding OGMs for being a wuss, yours truly will be a major contender.

Pamina, once again you're making me ROTFLMAO -- have you ever considered a career in comedy writing? :rock: :bow: And you know, those weird scratching noises aren't even the worst thing about accidently locking your cat in a closet. I mean, assuming there's no litter pan in the closet, the result could be an especially nasty kind of horror. Not to mention smelly. :eek:

There is this old movie with Kirk Douglas that I haven't seen, but I have seen parts of it (it used to run on TCM when I had it), in which he plays either a movie director or producer - I forget... (I've also forgotten the title.... ) But, anyway, they are terribly low on cash, and are making this movie Attack of the Cat People (or some such), and first they have some guys in some kind of cat suits that just look utterly ridiculous... And then he realises that, you know, it is what we can't see that scares us. So, it's more effective - and low cost :) - to not show anything at all, really. Just play with light and dark and shadows, and perhaps show a cat's eyes... That kind of thing.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I'll put it on the list :laugh:

You know, those stories would probably be even more funny if they hadn't actually all happened to me. Something like this happens every. single. time. It's not just in my head (well, it's mainly there, but not just) I'm just a very lucky girl that I have such a well-behaved cat, or that closet thing might have gotten really ugly :biggrin:

A friend (using the term loosely) once tried to make me watch Repo. The Genetic Opera. Um, no. I caught some clips on youtube. Having nightmares for the rest of my life is one thing, but I don't have to make my ears bleed in the process. (also, anything with Paris Hilton in it should be on some kind of scary no-go list anyway)

It's not really a horror movie, but one very precious childhood memory of mine that still scares the bejeezus out of me: my parents accidentally let me watch Watership Down because they thought it was just some cute bunny movie... gah, that was like 20 years ago and I still can't even think about that movie without getting nervous convulsions.

BusyMom

Medalist
What scares me is what I don't see but feel.
Totally agree. My brother tricked me to watch Michael Keaton's White Noise once. It is one of the scariest movies for me. It still haunts me to these days since I have to do some works during the night in general. Imagine went past the living room to get to the kitchen and your kids forget to switch the TV off after movie's night. :eek:

Another movie is Event Horizon. I'm not so sure why but it scared me to he** and back. Might be entering the unknown zone part or the fact that I misunderstood it for a Sci-fi movie before watching.

Pamina yes I agree with everyones about your entertaining posts but I think you can do well with the horror too.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Talking about animals. I remember an old movie, and I was little when I saw it, with a terrible cat. It's a pity because I don't remember the title but it was an american movie I think. Basically this cat was killing people in a house. It was quite scary. :slink:

I seem to recall a creepy one called "The Black Cat," maybe starring Bela Lugosi but am not sure; also not sure that it's American. It's Google time again! :laugh:

EDIT: here's a link for the Lugosi film, although it doesn't sound like the one you're thinking of. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0024894/

Last edited:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Totally agree. My brother tricked me to watch Michael Keaton's White Noise once. It is one of the scariest movies for me. It still haunts me to these days since I have to do some works during the night in general. Imagine went past the living room to get to the kitchen and your kids forget to switch the TV off after movie's night. :eek:

You know, there's something about Michael Keaton's face in and of itself that I find creepy -- can't explain why. He's a terrific comedian but he just gives me the willies sometimes. :slink: