Where, Or By Whom, Was This Music Skated To? | Golden Skate

Where, Or By Whom, Was This Music Skated To?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Over the past year or so, we have had a few threads about music. Music that should be skated to; music that should never be skated to; music that is over-used; music you can't stand; etc.

In these threads, whenever somebody suggests a particular piece of music, somebody else quickly posts a link to that piece of music being skated to.

But, I am surprised that there hasn’t been a thread designed specifically to ask who has used a particular piece of music. Because, let’s face it, you might be curious about a particular piece of music, but it mightn’t fit into the theme of the thread.

So, here is a thread to fulfil that purpose!

In the “13 Signs You Are Obsessed With Figure Skating” thread, nguyhm and iluvtodd commented about hearing music and automatically thinking about skating rather than the artist performing it.

That happens to me all the time too. For example, whenever I hear “Lazy Song” by Bruno Mars, I always think of Javier Fernandez and the Gala he did to it (eg. at 2011 Grand Prix Final). Because that is the first place I heard it!

About 15 years ago, I started listening to the mid-morning show on BBC Radio Ulster. The regular presenter was absolutely brilliant, telling stories and talking to callers, as well as playing music (but not the stuff you normally hear played! It was a real mix of everything!) But he has been off ill for about a year and a half. Since then, his sidekick has been presenting the show on his own. But, he is not as good a talker, so he concentrates on playing music (mainly from the 60’s, but with a bit of modern stuff thrown in).

The thing is, the current presenter keeps playing the same songs. And every time I hear one particular song he regularly plays, I always think of skating. But I can’t place who used it, or where I saw it. I am nearly sure it was a gala performance. But, I have a feeling it was used in a finale routine rather than an individual routine, so it may be a case of “where” rather than “who”.

Anyway, the song is “Something Else” by Eddie Cochran.

As the song has been around since 1959, and I have only been watching skating since 2003, it may have been used more than once. So, it is a recent routine I am looking for (I’m thinking, within the past 2 or 3 years).

Hope some of you can help put me out of my misery.

CaroLiza_fan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A great idea for a thread! However, I don't recall anyone who skated to the song.