Best knee pads, but least expensive? | Golden Skate

Best knee pads, but least expensive?

TheSnowQueen2013

Rinkside
Hi all.

I've been hitting my knees lately while skating and it's made me have to leave the rink twice. I don't want to further cause any damage to my knees. What are the least expensive but best knee pads I can get? Online shops are highly preferred as there are no shops with figure skating accessories near me.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You're young, aren't you?

To be honest, unless you're older and your bones are already fragile, I'm not a big believer in that stuff. You're going to fall - that's par for the course of skating. I went through a six-month period were my knees were more purple than white, and never did any long-term damage. The worst that happened was needing a few days off after I tweaked it a little too hard and I couldn't bend it the next day because I was foolish enough not to get ice on it.

jjane45

On the Ice
you know best what your body needs, and there is nothing wrong to protect yourself. I highly recommend gel pads, skatingsafe pads are pricy, what I did was to buy a large piece of 1/4" Acton polymer pad and cut it to size. excellent results and happy skater.

loopy

Final Flight
My skater uses dance knee pads. They are cheap (about 9 dollars for two), black, and very flexible. The first couple times they look stiff, but they mold really well. I just pick them up at the local dance store. When she was learning her back camel, her coach asked me to cut them and use Velcro so he could have her take them off mid lesson, some coaches have you push them down to your ankle for checking spirals and camels. Super easy! My kid might be young, but there is no reason for her to have knee pain when she is an adult. She also wears padded shorts since she is working on doubles. You only get one body! Not wearing pads in a comp is no big deal for her. it's part of the "costume".

loopy

Final Flight
Those are almost exactly the same. It's cheap and easy. You might try them on in a dance store. I think hip hop classes use them.