Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Didier Gailhaguet elected again

News Didier Gailhaguet elected again

Source: http://www.lequipe.fr/Tous-sports/Ac...t-reelu/476142

Guess what? Our beloved Gailhauget SURPRISINGLY beats Peizerat and remains the head of the FFSG
    (And, just to add a bit of seriousness to the whole thing, the third-ranked, with 5 votes, is... Marie-Reine Le Gougne )

Feel free to express your feelings

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Bah. Bah! and thrice, BAH!

Worst news possible for competitive skating in France.
    A president elected on bought votes.

Custom Title
    Boo.

Banned
    Source: http://www.lequipe.fr/Tous-sports/Ac...t-reelu/476142

Guess what? Our beloved Gailhauget SURPRISINGLY beats Peizerat and remains the head of the FFSG
    (And, just to add a bit of seriousness to the whole thing, the third-ranked, with 5 votes, is... Marie-Reine Le Gougne )

Marie-Reine Le Gougne was even allowed to run (never mind get votes). The shame.

As for Didier, the political horror stories he has been involved in the past aside, France is increasingly producing almost no quality skaters and results in the sport of late. Why on earth one wouldnt think it was time for a change at the top, especialy in favor of an Olympic Champion figure skater who unlike Didier actually KNOWS figure skating, and who as a former top ice dancer I am sure can play the political game as well if required (not that Didier can any longer play it well, if he could France skaters would get better marks than they do based on that alone, particularly decent ones like Amodio and Oldbert).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Marie-Reine Le Gougne was even allowed to run (never mind get votes). The shame.
    I just spat my morning coffee at my monitor.

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    I'm appalled but not surprised. I think it's great Gwendal even got so many votes - I was expecting a far worse defeat.
    I just feel bad for Papadakis/Cizeron, who's situation reflects the leadership. They were cheated out of an Olympic experience by politics.
    I hope he tries again - he could make a legitimate change in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    France is increasingly producing almost no quality skaters and results in the sport of late
    Yes, even forgetting all the political stuff (included the 2002 scandal), the skating situation in France should be enough to make it clear that eliminating Gailhaguet would only in favour of the sport: 0 medals in Sochi, their only medal at Worlds was from P/B, who are now retired, Joubert's career is at the end, too, they now only have a couple of decent young Ice Dance couples who will have a chance to earn a medal (IF they will ever have it) in many years from now, Meite and Amodio as their top single skaters (who are both not podium-level skaters at ISU championships at the moment) and J/C in Pairs, who have almost 0 chance of medals in big competitions (even if they're pretty good and can surely place in the top6 at Euros at least); all this combined with the fact that the highest placement of a French competitor at JW was 14...

Custom Title
    Sacre bleu.

Custom Title
    Yes, even forgetting all the political stuff (included the 2002 scandal), the skating situation in France should be enough to make it clear that eliminating Gailhaguet would only in favour of the sport: 0 medals in Sochi, their only medal at Worlds was from P/B, who are now retired, Joubert's career is at the end, too, they now only have a couple of decent young Ice Dance couples who will have a chance to earn a medal (IF they will ever have it) in many years from now, Meite and Amodio as their top single skaters (who are both not podium-level skaters at ISU championships at the moment) and J/C in Pairs, who have almost 0 chance of medals in big competitions (even if they're pretty good and can surely place in the top6 at Euros at least); all this combined with the fact that the highest placement of a French competitor at JW was 14...
    Maybe they're waiting for Aljona to spin (literally) into gold?

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Sacre bleu.
    Sacre m**de, aussi. (Someone please correct, if necessary. I never really learned to cuss in French -- serious gap in my education! )

Re: yesway's 3X "bah" above, can only add a big fat HUMBUG!
    Last edited by skatedreamer; 06-23-2014 at 12:05 PM. Reason: possible vocabulary issues

Not surprised, yet

Banned
    Exactly. He doesnt bring them results anymore. Add to that he is still a corrupt crook which there are too many of in the sport already, and it is time to go. Atleast at the height of his involvement in various skating scandals (the ridiculous Bonaly reunion island story, charges of physically harming Bonaly during their coaching tenure, the Nagano bloc judging and many other occasions of bloc judging in dance involving France as a participient, the SLC pairs fiasco, etc....), he was atleast producing results and medals for France (by whichever means), and the system was producing high quality skaters who won medals too- Anissina & Peizerat, Candelero, Millot, Moniotte & Lavanchy, Bonaly, Gusmeroli, Hubert, Abitol & Bernadis, Delobel & Schoenfelder, Joubert. However the last 6 years it has produced virtually zilch, only Pechalat & Bourzat as possible medal contenders. So it is time for a new leadership with some new ideas, and a fresh start breaking free of the Didier corruption era which no longer produces success in the era of IJS.

Custom Title
    *sigh* What else is there to say, about the results?

Joubert's career is at the end
    He's trying to make a career out of pairs skating. I wish the old warrior the best of luck.

Amazing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast