ER question | Golden Skate

ER question

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
A roof caved in during a fire. Did you see last night's episode? IMO it was one of the best in a very long time. Here's a recap.
The risk manager and Susan are questioning Neela, Gallant, and Abby about the patient who received the Demerol last episode. Abby failed her boards. Sandy and two other firefighters were brought in after the roof collapse. One had severe burns and died, one had a dislocated patella, and Sandy. She was conscience when they brought her in but had several broken bones as well as internal injuries including a lacerated liver. Her airway began closing off but she insisted on not being intubated until she could talk with Kerry. During surgery she died. Susan went into premature labor and was placed on bedrest for the next five weeks. Sam went home and found her ex husband there. Gallant got called up (guards or reserves) and left for Texas From there goes to Iraq. Neela gave him a goodbye kiss. At the end Kerry went to Sandy's brother's house to pick up baby Harry and they refused to let her have him stating that they were the blood relatives. It was a very sad episode. I was crying by the end.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Piel, I was crying too. When they brought Sandy in I thought..she's gonna die and they'll take the baby because Sandy gave birth to him. Was this the last episode? It sure had enough drama to be the last!! 42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Show, I'm not sure if it was the season finale. It was one of those episodes where I have to stop and take a deep breath because I am so into it. At the beginning when they showed Sandy's mom and Kerry made the comment about her thinking they were perverted the red flags went up and I thought there is going to be trouble there. Kerry has become a sympathetic character, who knew?

Antilles

Medalist
Thanks for the posts! I missed most of the episode. I guess we can look forward to a long, drawn out custody battle.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Piel, I sometimes forget what a pivotal character Kerry is and what a fine actress she is.......she's going to lose custody, unless they have some type of legal custody arrangement already in the works or adoption arrangement.........42

Antilles

Medalist
For tv, I'm sure they won't. It'll help the soap opera story line. If it were real life, they most definitely would.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Antilles, they'll probably drag the custody battle out all through next season too.........42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Maybe seeing how unfair it would be for Kerry to lose baby Harry will help people to see the importance of a legal arrangement of some kind for gay couples.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm into ER too deep now to stop watching. I've been watching since day one and I've got to finish it out.......good or bad.....42

guinevere

Final Flight
This was such an emotional episode for me. I love Kerry! ANd I love Sandy! And I love that Kerry finally found someone who made her happy, and that they had a kid (and that all of this was incidental, not a big deal, you know?).

I was super upset that Sandy died - especially when I realized that they killed her off just to bring this (albeit important) issue to the fore. It just killed me seeing Sandy's brother literally push Kerry (and her crutch) down the stairs as her shut the door on her.

Another nice touch for long-time viewers was the way that Elizabeth treated Kerry during the whole process. Anyone else recall Elizabeth telling Kerry that she hoped one day Kerry would have a loved one fighting for their life, and somebody gets in their way? (This was after Kerry had called the medical board or somebody on Mark because his brain tumor was causing dangerous lapses in judgment - yes ER became a soap opera long before this episode!!)

One thought, though, bothers me: Character Consistency. There is NO WAY that Kerry Weaver would not have started the adoption process the second Henry was born. ESPECIALLY if it was well-known that Sandy's mom disapproved of her daughter being a lesbian.

ps What is up with the bloodbath at ER this season? They killed Romano, killed Kerry's wife, sent Gallant to Iraq (where I'm guessing he'll be killed, because I don't believe that actor would agree to come back to the show after a whole year, affecting other acting jobs he could take), Luke and Carter keep taking turns running of to the COngo.....it feels like the only ones left are Abby, Sam and Neela!

guinevere

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Oh boy, I missed the entire episode!!! I forgot it was on. It's been so long since a new episode, I sort of gave up. I thought it was finished for the season and I missed a good one by the sounds of it. Will there be an episode this week? Hope so!

Thanks for the update!