Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Should Skaters Chose Music For Themselves or For the Judges?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamForeman View Post
    Can anyone make sense of Plushenko the last ten years?
    Plushenko's Carmen was actually one of the best I've seen. He's still the only man to have switched gender roles mid-program. It was awesome.

Jason's SP to Prince this year was a perfect example. I grew up with Prince music, but even I thought it was risky until I saw it. So yes, a great choreographer can make all the difference. I hope Rohene Ward gets all the praise and clients he deserves. He's brilliant.
    When the music was announced, I went straight to Youtube to check it out. I was horrified. "Rohene, what are you doing?!" I cried. "THIS IS AWFUL!" And I still didn't like the program until its rework into the Senior masterpiece.

Of course, Rohene always knows what he's doing. But I still hate that music.

So, IMO, choose music that means something to you and not just do choreography because you are told to.
    ITA. Which brings me back to Max and Carmen. I wonder how much input he had into that program?

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Saw an oblique reference on Twitter that I think means that Max Aaron is at DSC at the moment .... so fingers crossed that his new FS choreo is from Camerlengo.
    *airpunch*

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    ITA. Which brings me back to Max and Carmen. I wonder how much input he had into that program?
    To me, there was nothing wrong with Max's Carmen program except that it had too many quads. A quad takes a lot of preparation and soaks up a lot of energy. If you attempt three quads and two triple Axels, that takes its toll on the choreography, and if you flub one of your big jumps it is hard to get back on track. I think Max was determined to go for broke on the tech side, so in that sense, yes, I do think he had a lot of input.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3