Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Results 136 to 146 of 146

Thread: Ashley Wagner's popularity

  1. #136
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,003
    Can a poll be done on this forum to determine how popular Ashely is here ?

  2. #137
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Can a poll be done on this forum to determine how popular Ashely is here ?
    If you start a thread you can insert a poll I think.

  3. #138
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,517
    No, we don't have polls on GS at this time.

  4. #139
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,060
    I would have to ask why we would want to do a poll like that anyway! Seems like for some that would be like lighting a match to gasoline. Stuff like that, IMO, just creates confrontation and bad feelings.

  5. #140
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I would have to ask why we would want to do a poll like that anyway! Seems like for some that would be like lighting a match to gasoline. Stuff like that, IMO, just creates confrontation and bad feelings.
    Did you miss the "wink" at the end of my question?

  6. #141
    In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Can a poll be done on this forum to determine how popular Ashely is here ?
    I vote Gracie for Prom Queen, Ashley for Miss Personality, Polina is Most Promising Freshman

  7. #142
    On the Ice Sequinedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    33
    Ashley is an excellent skater. She has a way of expressing herself on the ice that you don't see out of many skaters anymore (especially ladies). She reminds me in some aspects to Katarina Witt where she can pull you in with her eyes and her movement. I feel that she executes choreography very well and have enjoyed the programs ShaeLynn Bourne has given her the most. She does have some problems with consistency on a few jumps, but there are many skaters in the same boat with her on that.

    I feel that she comes across to many viewers (especially ones that only watch her skate on television, and have never met her) as cold and snooty. She is the complete opposite, she is a very warm, friendly individual.

    I didn't like her the first couple of times I saw her skate until I saw her compete and also in a show atmosphere in person. She is amazing and very nice the few times I met her (once formally, the other in passing).

  8. #143
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,538
    I feel that she comes across to many viewers (especially ones that only watch her skate on television, and have never met her) as cold and snooty. She is the complete opposite, she is a very warm, friendly individual.
    I actually had that experience with Gracie Gold earlier. Didn't like the way she came across in interviews, etc...but that impression went away when I got to see her in person after a show last year. Quite friendly, more so than Wagner was that night, and surprisingly approachable. I think she's just an intense competitor...still not a huge fan, though. Much prefer Wagner's "honest" persona to Gold's IP approach.

    I'll more or less agree with those who have said good things regarding their in-person "run-ins" with Wagner.

  9. #144
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,060
    Sorry Icey, I DID miss the wink. Was a bit taken aback with the post and just zoomed on. Glad you winked though!!

  10. #145
    Custom Title skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Can a poll be done on this forum to determine how popular Ashely is here ?
    They have polls on FSUniverse. It is not as extensive a site or as sophiosticated as Ms Slater's site but it has fun forums and I see Doris and MM posting sometimes and they seem to have a lot of fun, I always enjoy their wit. So one can join and start a popularity poll. Nothing wrong with that. It is kind of breezy eazy but not extensive. I always really liked the polls feature here and it was popular. I wonder what happened? Maybe a show of hands could bring it back beause the forum really is the heart of this website. What do you think Doris? MM? Any hope for a return? What else got cut?

  11. #146
    Custom Title skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequinedream View Post
    Ashley is an excellent skater. She has a way of expressing herself on the ice that you don't see out of many skaters anymore (especially ladies). She reminds me in some aspects to Katarina Witt where she can pull you in with her eyes and her movement. I feel that she executes choreography very well and have enjoyed the programs ShaeLynn Bourne has given her the most. She does have some problems with consistency on a few jumps, but there are many skaters in the same boat with her on that.

    I feel that she comes across to many viewers (especially ones that only watch her skate on television, and have never met her) as cold and snooty. She is the complete opposite, she is a very warm, friendly individual.

    I didn't like her the first couple of times I saw her skate until I saw her compete and also in a show atmosphere in person. She is amazing and very nice the few times I met her (once formally, the other in passing).
    Best post sofar. I agree Ashley has something special as a ladies singles skater and is amongst the best of the performers. I have loved all her programs since 2012, even the dropped Romeo and Juliet.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •