Ashley Wagner's popularity | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner's popularity

Sequinedream

Match Penalty
Ashley is an excellent skater. She has a way of expressing herself on the ice that you don't see out of many skaters anymore (especially ladies). She reminds me in some aspects to Katarina Witt where she can pull you in with her eyes and her movement. I feel that she executes choreography very well and have enjoyed the programs ShaeLynn Bourne has given her the most. She does have some problems with consistency on a few jumps, but there are many skaters in the same boat with her on that.

I feel that she comes across to many viewers (especially ones that only watch her skate on television, and have never met her) as cold and snooty. She is the complete opposite, she is a very warm, friendly individual.

I didn't like her the first couple of times I saw her skate until I saw her compete and also in a show atmosphere in person. She is amazing and very nice the few times I met her (once formally, the other in passing).

R.D.

Record Breaker
I feel that she comes across to many viewers (especially ones that only watch her skate on television, and have never met her) as cold and snooty. She is the complete opposite, she is a very warm, friendly individual.

I actually had that experience with Gracie Gold earlier. Didn't like the way she came across in interviews, etc...but that impression went away when I got to see her in person after a show last year. Quite friendly, more so than Wagner was that night, and surprisingly approachable. I think she's just an intense competitor...still not a huge fan, though. Much prefer Wagner's "honest" persona to Gold's IP approach.

I'll more or less agree with those who have said good things regarding their in-person "run-ins" with Wagner.

noskates

Record Breaker
Sorry Icey, I DID miss the wink. Was a bit taken aback with the post and just zoomed on. Glad you winked though!!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Can a poll be done on this forum to determine how popular Ashely is here ?;)

They have polls on FSUniverse. It is not as extensive a site or as sophiosticated as Ms Slater's site but it has fun forums and I see Doris and MM posting sometimes and they seem to have a lot of fun, I always enjoy their wit. So one can join and start a popularity poll. Nothing wrong with that. It is kind of breezy eazy but not extensive. I always really liked the polls feature here and it was popular. I wonder what happened? Maybe a show of hands could bring it back beause the forum really is the heart of this website. What do you think Doris? MM? Any hope for a return? What else got cut?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Ashley is an excellent skater. She has a way of expressing herself on the ice that you don't see out of many skaters anymore (especially ladies). She reminds me in some aspects to Katarina Witt where she can pull you in with her eyes and her movement. I feel that she executes choreography very well and have enjoyed the programs ShaeLynn Bourne has given her the most. She does have some problems with consistency on a few jumps, but there are many skaters in the same boat with her on that.

I didn't like her the first couple of times I saw her skate until I saw her compete and also in a show atmosphere in person. She is amazing and very nice the few times I met her (once formally, the other in passing).

Best post sofar. I agree Ashley has something special as a ladies singles skater and is amongst the best of the performers. I have loved all her programs since 2012, even the dropped Romeo and Juliet.