John Kerr Has Gotten Married | Page 2 | Golden Skate

John Kerr Has Gotten Married

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Not sure whether Ryan Bradley was the best man (he might have been groomsman), but he was certainly part of the Groom's party.

Since you've brought him into the conversation, here is a beautiful photo with Ryan in it.

Alastair Kerr (John's Dad), Neil Crosbie, Ryan Bradley, Nadine Ahmed and John Kerr

I would have linked to this photo sooner, except that I didn't know who the guy in the middle was. I think he's a family friend.

What I find interesting is that all of them are wearing different Tartans.

I saw a photo of John and his Dad at a wedding here in Ireland a few years ago, and they were wearing the same kilts as they were on Saturday. So, I went investigating...

Alastair is wearing the Clan Kerr tartan.

There are a LOT of tartans using the combination of colours in John's kilt, but I think it is the Royal Stewart tartan.

The Stewart family ruled Scotland from 1371 until 1707. They also ruled England, Wales and Ireland from 1567 to 1707. As a result, their tartan has become a symbol of Scotland. So John may be wearing it as a reference to his nationality rather than his ancestry.

Neil is wearing the Clan Bruce tartan. The Bruce family ruled Scotland before the Stewarts, from 1306 to 1371. Their first King, Robert the Bruce, is considered a national hero.

Ryan is wearing the Great Scot tartan. I don't know anything about it's history, sorry. But, it doesn't seem to be associated with any particular family.

Although the Bradley family doesn't have it's own tartan, they are normally associated with the Roxburgh tartan. So, I am surprised Ryan didn't wear this to the wedding.

Hope you find this interesting.

CaroLiza_fan

the choice of tartan though one would hope it is story based sometimes it is about looks or ..yep, what is available.

TMC

Record Breaker
I think kilts are incredibly sexy on men.

And they totally don't wear anything underneath (not that that is why it's sexy - I think it's the legs). At least when I had my graduation ceremony from Edinburgh University, the official instructions stated that women should wear a white button-down and dark pants or skirt and men shold wear a dark suit or kilt "with appropriate hose" :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee update to let you know that, after their Scottish wedding in June, John and Nadine had a Pakistani wedding yesterday.

Now, although they are originally from Pakistan, Nadine’s family actually live in Florida. So, this second wedding was held over in Miami.

Here is the bridal party arriving (or perhaps leaving!):

Nadine and bridesmaids

While here is a photo of John and Nadine during the ceremony… in traditional Pakistani dress:

Nadine and John on thrones

There are a couple of other photos on John’s Facebook page with better views of the costumes. But some of their friends are also in these photos, and I don’t want to invade their privacy by posting the links to a forum. But, if any more photos appear of the happy couple on their own, or with fellow skaters, I’ll add the links to this thread.

So far, I have only seen one photo with Sinead in it:

John, Sinead and Jonathan Adler (Jonathan’s a skater, so he’s allowed in! ;) :biggrin: )

But, here is a video of John and his family, erm, “dancing”:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154492355055301

Sorry to disappoint you all but, as you will discover if you read the comments, Ryan Bradley wasn’t at this edition of the Scottishtani wedding. :disapp:

May I again wish John and Nadine all the best for the future.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Some more photos! All but the last were posted to Facebook by Jonathan Alder, so thank you to Jonathan for sharing them with us!

Here is a lovely photo of John and his Dad (who stuck with his own traditional dress!) before the ceremony:

John and Alastair Kerr

The rest are from the reception.

But before that, who is the guy in the first and second photos? I recognise him; I'm sure he's a skater; but my mind has gone blank when it comes to his name!!!

It's really annoying me, so can somebody please put me out of my misery!!!

Sinead Kerr, ?, and Maeve Kerr
?, Jonathan Alder, Sinead Kerr
Otar Japaridze, Angelina Telegina and Jonathan Alder

Finally, a photo that Sinead posted of our favourite Scottish Ice Dancers back together!

John and Sinead Kerr

It looks like it was a fun night! I hope everybody enjoyed it! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks for the updates, and for the information about tartans. I love tartans but can really only identify one on sight: the Black Watch--which is cheating in a way, because its colors are just about unique.