Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Didier Gailhaguet elected again

  1. #16
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Too Close to the Equator.
    Posts
    1,065
    Isn't he also the next in line for Speedy's throne?

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    *sigh* What else is there to say, about the results?


    He's trying to make a career out of pairs skating. I wish the old warrior the best of luck.
    Yes, Joubert gets my best wishes as well. But he made need more than best wishes and his talent. Didier's treatment of Joubert in the past year (sanctions regarding grand prix events) are not a good omen for there being a good relationship or success in the future.

    These results are very saddening. France and the skating world deserves better.

    However, I am glad that a good person (Peizerat) ran and that good people are making a stand and trying.

    "Noli nothis permittere te terere", "illegitimi non carborundum" or however it should be said.

  3. #18
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    Isn't he also the next in line for Speedy's throne?
    Please, don't remind us of how skating's next 20 years could be destroyed

  4. #19
    Gotta Have Music iluvtodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10,637
    ugh!

  5. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,212
    I hope Didier is the ISU president at the next 5 Olympics. No chance any tv networks with broadcast rights will mention he's a convicted cheater, but probably all other media outlets will print it over and over again.

    What a mockery and goes to show that the majority of people involved in figure skating are more interested in bribes and connections than anything else.

  6. #21
    Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    2,480
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Please, don't remind us of how skating's next 20 years could be destroyed
    By that time, all my favorite skaters have already retired. Amen!

  7. #22
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    I hope Didier is the ISU president at the next 5 Olympics. No chance any tv networks with broadcast rights will mention he's a convicted cheater, but probably all other media outlets will print it over and over again.

    What a mockery and goes to show that the majority of people involved in figure skating are more interested in bribes and connections than anything else.
    I don't think the sport would survive through 5 Olympics with him as ISU president. I totally agree that broadcast networks especially NBC will harp on his checkered past.

  8. #23
    Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by LyraAngelica View Post
    I don't think the sport would survive through 5 Olympics with him as ISU president. I totally agree that broadcast networks especially NBC will harp on his checkered past.
    Print media, yes. NBC, not so much -- I'm guessing they will be too busy trying to make nice w/ everyone so as not to ruffle any political feathers. Only my opinion.

  9. #24
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    Maybe they're waiting for Aljona to spin (literally) into gold?
    I think they would be thrilled if she spun into bronze at this point. lol

  10. #25
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,609
    And let's be honest and frank P and B were only medal contenders because everyone else dropped out - they were in danger of being passed by second and third team USA, Canada and Russia. Memories of that German or Israeli dance team I believe or the Shibutani's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •