Didier Gailhaguet elected again | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Didier Gailhaguet elected again

LyraAngelica

On the Ice
I hope Didier is the ISU president at the next 5 Olympics. No chance any tv networks with broadcast rights will mention he's a convicted cheater, but probably all other media outlets will print it over and over again.

What a mockery and goes to show that the majority of people involved in figure skating are more interested in bribes and connections than anything else.

I don't think the sport would survive through 5 Olympics with him as ISU president. I totally agree that broadcast networks especially NBC will harp on his checkered past.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I don't think the sport would survive through 5 Olympics with him as ISU president. I totally agree that broadcast networks especially NBC will harp on his checkered past.

Print media, yes. NBC, not so much -- I'm guessing they will be too busy trying to make nice w/ everyone so as not to ruffle any political feathers. Only my opinion.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
And let's be honest and frank P and B were only medal contenders because everyone else dropped out - they were in danger of being passed by second and third team USA, Canada and Russia. Memories of that German or Israeli dance team I believe or the Shibutani's.