Coach Recommendation North Shore of Chicago | Golden Skate

Coach Recommendation North Shore of Chicago

ovaskater

Rinkside
If anyone is a coach or knows of a great coach in the northshore Chicago area help would be appreciated. We're looking for someone that can work with a teen skater working on double jumps and help them get back into competitions and testing. Any suggestions would be appreciated wether here or through pm.

Littlerain

Rinkside
Hope you can find your daughter a good coach! I'm in the northwest suburbs so I won't be much help. Perhaps you can talk to the skating director at your rink and see who they recommend? Then set up some trial lessons?

Littlerain

Rinkside
Coach Reccomendation North Shore of Chicago

Woops, just realized you are the skater. I just saw your older post about usfsa testing as well.

Not sure where exactly you are but take a look at the usfsa clubs. Off the top of my head, the ones in the north suburbs are - Skokie valley fsc (and highland park fsc, which is affiliated with Skokie valley I believe), wagon wheel fsc, asouthport skating club, Chicago fsc. Nearly all the rinks over here have usfsa programs, and there are lots of options within a 30min drive.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Woops, just realized you are the skater. I just saw your older post about usfsa testing as well.

Not sure where exactly you are but take a look at the usfsa clubs. Off the top of my head, the ones in the north suburbs are - Skokie valley fsc (and highland park fsc, which is affiliated with Skokie valley I believe), wagon wheel fsc, asouthport skating club, Chicago fsc. Nearly all the rinks over here have usfsa programs, and there are lots of options within a 30min drive.

I don't have a personal recommendation but I know that Skokie valley skating club has a list of coaches on their website (since Kori Ade is listed it may be out of date). I know also that the Centennial Wilmette rink has a lot of coaches listed & I think Polina Edmunds worked with one of them when she was in town. Also the FS program at Glacier Ice Arena is directed by Chris Howarth who does BBC skating broadcasts. I think that Gracie Gold may have trained with one of the coaches there? Anyway, if you don't get a personal recommendation I would suggest contacting the directors at those rinks and maybe someone at Skokie Valley FSC for suggestions. Hope that helps.

ovaskater

Rinkside
I've talked to the director of my rink, but they listed people I already knew about. I may try one of the fscs, but ideally I'd like personal experience

Littlerain

Rinkside
I know there are a couple of north shore skaters on skatingforums - are you on there? May be worth checking there too if you are :)

I skate in rolling meadows so I couldn't provide any personal experience for you. I skated at north shore rinks growing up but that was 15 yrs ago! Though I may skate at glacier if I end up living with my parents temporarily. Good luck finding a coach!

mskater93

Record Breaker
Since I don't know you, I really can't recommend a coach, as I don't know your learning style/level/commitment/price point, etc. I know a lot of coaches at each level and learning style/price point. PM me.