2014-15 Grand Prix assignments | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Grand Prix assignments

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Madeline Aaron/Max Settlage were given the Skate Canada spot:

http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net/media/148062/gp_pairs_updated-july-15.pdf ...

Thanks for the exciting news, Gia.

:yay: Best to Maddie A. and Max. S.!!! Woo-hoo!

Icing on the cake is that for their first Senior GP, they will be joining Max A. in Kelowna. Very cool :cool: for the Aaron family.

Sad about Zhang/Bartholomay's GP withdrawals, but thrilled for Aaron/Settlage.

(Happy for Cain as well.)

ETA, :laugh: LOL that USFS got confused re Max S. vs. Max A. in its tweet congratulating Aaron/Settlage. In her reply tweet, Maddie had to add in Max. S. (Emphases added.)

@USFigureSkating
Congrats to @icegirlash on her assignment to Rostelecom Cup! And to @MaddieAaron25 @MaxTAaron on their upcoming trip to Skate Canada Intl!
10:30 AM - 15 Jul 2014
https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/489099788772573184

@MaddieAaron25
@USFigureSkating @icegirlash @MaxTAaron and @Max_Settlage!!!!! Thank you!!! So excited!! 😄
10:34 AM - 15 Jul 2014
https://twitter.com/MaddieAaron25/status/489100822614003713

ETA, a correction from @USFigureSkating finally came after two hours.
Oops! We tagged Max Aaron not @Max_Settlage! Our apologies! @icegirlash @MaddieAaron25 @MaxTAaron
12:21 PM - 15 Jul 2014
https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/489127694173339648

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you for the info, Gia_Sesshoumaru

Madeline Aaron/Max Settlage were given the Skate Canada spot:

http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net/media/148062/gp_pairs_updated-july-15.pdf

Erm, sorry if I am being a thick European, but I'm afraid I've never heard tell of them!

And Ashley Cain was given Vanessa Lam's spot at Rostelecom Cup, so she has two competitions back to back:

http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net/media/148061/gp_ladies_updated-july-15.pdf

BRILLIANT!!!!! I love Ashley, so I'm delighted that she got a second slot. I had been hoping that she would get the TBD slot at Skate America.

Although, I am a bit concerned about her doing 2 GP's in a row - and ones on different continents at that!

Would it not have made more sense to give Ashley Cain the SA slot and Samantha Cesario the Cup of China slot? That way, both of them would have had a break to recover between events.

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thank you for the info, Gia_Sesshoumaru

Erm, sorry if I am being a thick European, but I'm afraid I've never heard tell of them! ...

No worries, CL_fan. Maddie Aaron and Max Settlage are the 2014 U.S. junior champions in Pairs. This year will be their first as seniors.

gsk8 recently published a great GS article about them.

As an aside, it so happens that Max Aaron is Maddie's older brother. (Before retiring, their older sister Molly was a pairs skater at the national level.)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No worries, CL_fan. Maddie Aaron and Max Settlage are the 2014 U.S. junior champions in Pairs. This year will be their first as seniors.

gsk8 recently published a great GS article about them.

As an aside, it so happens that Max Aaron is Maddie's older brother. (Before retiring, their older sister Molly was a pairs skater at the national level.)

Thank you for the info, and the link. Very interesting article.

I have to admit, I have not been spending as much time on the forum recently, and so have been quite selective about which threads to go into. And, I am sure I was not the only person that saw the title of that thread and thought it was about Max Aaron! (No disrespect to Max A, but I was more interested in all the partner changing dramas!)

It's always interesting seeing how skaters fare with making the transition from Juniors to Seniors. Especially for somebody like me that does not follow Junior competitions. (I might know the odd name, but that's about it)

And that is what I love about the GP Series. It is a great opportunity for skaters making the transition to get experience of competing on the big stage, and alongside the big names, but without all the pressure.

And it also gives us fans the chance to see them and think "Oooh. This is somebody to keep an eye out for!"

Good luck to Madeline and Max S. I hope you enjoy this opportunity!

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
Congrats to Ashley Cain on a second GP! Hoping she can have a good debut season! Also nice to see Aaron/settlage getting a chance on the GP. Best of luck to them! Now, who gets the ladies TBD spot at SA? My pick would be Samantha Cesario or Hannah Miller (based on who seems more ready after summer comps).

flutzy13

On the Ice
Congrats to Ashley Cain on a second GP! Hoping she can have a good debut season! Also nice to see Aaron/settlage getting a chance on the GP. Best of luck to them! Now, who gets the ladies TBD spot at SA? My pick would be Samantha Cesario or Hannah Miller (based on who seems more ready after summer comps).

It's a shame Cesario didn't get the 2 spots initially. She was right on the bubble. She deserved it much more than Cain who I absolutely love but based on last seasons results I was thinking Cesario would get 2 outright and Cain would have to hope for a host pick and a last minute sub call. I had hoped the TBA spot would go to Miller but now I almost hope it goes to Cesario as I do think she deserves 2 spots and with the US ladies having so many assignments, Cesario will need a SC spot to open up or a US lady to withdraw

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
It's a shame Cesario didn't get the 2 spots initially. She was right on the bubble. She deserved it much more than Cain who I absolutely love but based on last seasons results I was thinking Cesario would get 2 outright and Cain would have to hope for a host pick and a last minute sub call. I had hoped the TBA spot would go to Miller but now I almost hope it goes to Cesario as I do think she deserves 2 spots and with the US ladies having so many assignments, Cesario will need a SC spot to open up or a US lady to withdraw

Good point. I forgot she had a pretty good GP season last year. I'm guessing this will all be taken into account. I wonder if Challenger series might affect US (and other) picks for TBD spots.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nate Bartholomay has reportedly teamed with Gretchen Donlan. She has moved to Florida to train with Nate.

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
Pity. Enjoyed their skating as they were such a beautiful couple. Good luck to both of them.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So now only the Pairs TBD is up for grabs. Considering all the splits, is there any doubt this will go to Aaron/Settlage?