CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

August 4 assignments:

Alaine CHARTRAND CAN:

Annabelle PRÖLSS / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER:

Just used the two most recent posts to quote!

Thank you to Gia and Golden for all the updates you have been giving us about the changes to the GP assignments.

Just one question, though. Where do you find the announcements? I had a look around the ISU website and the ISU Facebook page, and I can't find links to the updated PDF's anywhere!

I know it's a stupid question, but I'm just curious to know if there is somewhere else to get (official) news about figure skating.

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Just one question, though. Where do you find the announcements? I had a look around the ISU website and the ISU Facebook page, and I can't find links to the updated PDF's anywhere! ...

Bookmark this site: http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pair-skating-and-ice-dance/series/isu-grand-prix-of-figure-skating

Then go to "Entries (Discipline) for all 6 events." You'll find the PDFs there.

The possible stumbling block for CL_fan, whom we know to be an excellent researcher :bow::

Do not be fooled by the sometimes obsolete date labeling of the links that appear on the page at the link from Mrs. P.

For example, one link on the page is labeled as:
Entries Pairs 2014/15- All 6 Events
10 Jul 2014​

But the Aug 4 version of the PDF is at that link currently.​

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Bookmark this site: http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pair-skating-and-ice-dance/series/isu-grand-prix-of-figure-skating

Then go to "Entries (Discipline) for all 6 events." You'll find the PDFs there.

Thank you as always Mrs. P!!!

So, they are just changing the PDF's the Entry list buttons link to without telling us. That's not very helpful and professional.

I would have at least expected something telling us that they entry lists had been updated. Hence, I had been looking in the "News" and "ISU Communications" sections off the main Figure Skating menu for notifications.

Well, it's a good job that we have such helpful and professional people that post to this forum!

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thank you as always Mrs. P!!!

So, they are just changing the PDF's the Entry list buttons link to without telling us. That's not very helpful and professional.

I would have at least expected something telling us that they entry lists had been updated. Hence, I had been looking in the "News" and "ISU Communications" sections off the main Figure Skating menu for notifications. ...

Agree that the ISU does not make it easy to discover the updates. :bang:

At the very least, the dates on the general GP page should be kept current to match the dates of the latest revisions.

Another pet peeve of mine is that the Facebook page for ISU Figure Skating theoretically would be the perfect place to spread the word when GP assignments are updated; when JGP assignments are posted; etc.
But the FB page almost never offers alerts of that kind. :no:

Skategmt

On the Ice
The NHK Trophey will be a close competition for ladies and ice dance. I thin for ladies, Gold is going to win it with Murakami with second and Edmunds with third. I think Sotniknova will take fourth. I think ice dance will have Weaver / Poje and Hawayek / Baker will place first and second( but W/P will probably win by a small margin).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Hawayek / Baker, but I'd be shocked if they won silver in their first year on the GP. They will first skate at CoR, and I'm sure the Russian Fed wouldn't have invited them if they thought they'd offer tough competition for their teams Ilinyk/Zhiganshin, Stepanova/Bukin, and Sinisina Katsalapov (whom H/B will also face at NHK).

kresslia

Medalist
The NHK Trophey will be a close competition for ladies and ice dance. I thin for ladies, Gold is going to win it with Murakami with second and Edmunds with third. I think Sotniknova will take fourth. I think ice dance will have Weaver / Poje and Hawayek / Baker will place first and second( but W/P will probably win by a small margin).
A small margin? Seriously?

H/B are talented, and can get on the level of W/P one day. Don't get me wrong. But I don't see them coming close just yet, unless W/P completely fall all over the place.

flutzy13

On the Ice
A small margin? Seriously?

H/B are talented, and can get on the level of W/P one day. Don't get me wrong. But I don't see them coming close just yet, unless W/P completely fall all over the place.

I agree. I don't think is their season to rise internationally and certainly not to beat W/P although I expect really respectable GP results in line with the Shibs and H/D. I think where they'll make a statement is nationally, definitely nabbing a World team spot and perhaps surprising for silver.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Daniel just turned 30---maybe he wants to hang up his competitive skates so they can enjoy married life. I don't see them continuing on til 2018 anyway, and Germany has a promising new pair in Annabelle PRÖLß / Ruben BLOMMAERT.

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
I agree. I don't think is their season to rise internationally and certainly not to beat W/P although I expect really respectable GP results in line with the Shibs and H/D. I think where they'll make a statement is nationally, definitely nabbing a World team spot and perhaps surprising for silver.

Wow. I cannot really see them reaching Worlds spot yet, there's Chock/Bates, Shibs and H/D, all strong teams. I would be very surprised to see H/B beat them during their first senior year. I know it's the beginning of the season but they received really low scores in their recent competition. I do hope they'll do great, I like this team very much. J-L is fantastic and Kaitlin has progressed a lot. I can see them compete in the 2018 Olympics!

flutzy13

On the Ice
Wow. I cannot really see them reaching Worlds spot yet, there's Chock/Bates, Shibs and H/D, all strong teams. I would be very surprised to see H/B beat them during their first senior year. I know it's the beginning of the season but they received really low scores in their recent competition. I do hope they'll do great, I like this team very much. J-L is fantastic and Kaitlin has progressed a lot. I can see them compete in the 2018 Olympics!

I don't think they'll touch C/B but I can absolutely see them edging one of the Shibs or H/D more likely the latter given that the shibs have more clout as Olympians/world medalists and have Marina in their corner. They'll have to skate well of course. H/D are coming back from injury and have been fourth for 2 years and off the World team. I could see USFS wanting to give the third world nod to the newly minted World Jr champs. The latest USFS skating magazine has a huge spread on them with Meryl Davis giving quotes about how special they are- the federation has plans for these two (not unlike how the federation decided in 2013 that C/B not the Shibs would be the heir when d/W left) and probably wants to get them to worlds sooner than later. Again they'll have to,skate well but if they do, I'll be surprised if they're not top 3.

blancanieves

On the Ice
I could see USFS wanting to give the third world nod to the newly minted World Jr champs. The latest USFS skating magazine has a huge spread on them with Meryl Davis giving quotes about how special they are- the federation has plans for these two (not unlike how the federation decided in 2013 that C/B not the Shibs would be the heir when d/W left) and probably wants to get them to worlds sooner than later. Again they'll have to,skate well but if they do, I'll be surprised if they're not top 3.

Hopefully they'll not only have to skate well, but better than the teams mentioned. But it's true that USFS politics greatly influences the Nationals podium.

Sandra_persch

On the Ice

flutzy13

On the Ice
Hopefully they'll not only have to skate well, but better than the teams mentioned. But it's true that USFS politics greatly influences the Nationals podium.

Right but "better" can be largely subjective with PCS especially in dance. My prediction is that if H/B perform decently on the GP and are clean in Greensboro, they will find themselves on the World team. If I'm wrong, I'll happily admit that in January.

Sackie

Medalist
I don't see H/B being pushed unto the world team this year. Who would they jump over? From the GP assignments it looks like C/B, S/S H/D all have great shots at making the GPF. And if that happens they will certainly want to send those 3 teams to worlds.