2014-15 Grand Prix assignments | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Grand Prix assignments

Country
Russia
New couples of split couples ordered by best SB of former partners.

Pairs

1 237.71 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV RUS 1 3
3 218.68 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS 4 5
5 212.40 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN CHN 2 5
6 210.84 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN 2 6
7 208.45 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO CAN 2 5
8 201.61 Vera BAZAROVA / Andrei DEPUTAT RUS 3 6
9 197.37 Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG CHN 1 3
10 195.61 Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA 1 4
11 187.82 DeeDee LENG / Simon SHNAPIR USA 4 6
12 186.22 Julia ANTIPOVA / Nodari MAISURADZE RUS 3 6
13 185.48 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA 2 5
15 181.45 Tarah KAYNE / Daniel O SHEA USA 3 4
16 174.88 Maylin WENDE / Daniel WENDE GER 1 4
17 173.77 Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN CHN 3 6
18 173.70 Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM USA 1 5
19 172.35 Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG CHN 3 5
21 168.42 Felicia ZHANG / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY USA 2 6
22 168.20 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS 2
24 167.85 Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER USA 1 4
26 162.81 Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE GER 2
28 161.03 Vasilisa DAVANKOVA / Alexander ENBERT RUS 4
32 154.55 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA 3 5
42 141.41 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Ryuichi KIHARA JPN 6

No SB
Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS 1 6
Britney JONES / Joshua REAGAN CAN 2

Dance
3 183.48 Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN RUS 3 4
3 183.48 Victoria SINITSINA /Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 4 6
5 175.43 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 3 5
6 175.41 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN 2 6
7 172.92 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS 1 5
8 167.59 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA 1 4
9 158.69 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR 4 6
10 158.57 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA 1 3
11 158.25 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA 2 5
12 157.12 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA 4 6
15 153.86 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN 1 5
17 150.77 Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI GER 2 6
18 148.76 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM CAN 3 5
19 148.63 Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV AZE 1 4
20 146.97 Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ ESP 2 5
21 145.92 Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN RUS 2 6
22 144.95 Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON USA 2 4
23 144.78 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA 1
24 143.26 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 3 5
32 136.13 Cathy REED / Chris REED JPN 1 6
38 133.42 Nicole ORFORD / Thomas WILLIAMS CAN 1
40 133.12 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS 4
66 116.34 Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU CHN 3
67 115.66 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN 3

No SB
Elisabeth PARADIS / Francois Xavier OUELLETTE CAN 2

Numbers at the end of line mean numbers of GP Events (1 to 6).
1 - Skate America
2 - Skate Canada
3 - Cup of China
4 - Rostelecom Cup
5 - TEB
6 - NHK Trophy

bluebell0710

Rinkside
Very happy to see Julia, Liza, I/Z, Vera at COC~~~ Looking forward to seeing them in Shanghai!:yay:

Very glad that both W/W and Y/J get 2 GP assignments. I really appreciate two girls :love: and wish them have a chance at bronze. Go boys & girls!

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Awesome! Let the speculation begin.

I wonder who the TBD will be at SA? Prior to her announcing her intentions to sit out this season I'd have said Agnes Zawadzki, but now I'm not too sure. Maybe Samantha Cesario or Angela Wang? That way they'd both have two assignments...

My early predictions:

- Skate America: I'd say Gracie and Elena are the two main contenders in this field, with Mirai, Liza T and maybe So-Youn rounding out the top 5 in some order.
- Skate Canada: Anna and Ashley should be the top two in some order. Courtney, Satoko and Kaetlyn should battle for the rest of the top 5.
- Cup of China: As long as she's not suffering from any growing pains or anything, Julia should have this one in the bag. Polina, Kanako, Zijun and Liza T in the top 5.
- Cup of Russia: I'd give it to Adelina under the condition she skates well; Anna could sneak in though. I'd expect them to be the top 2. Mirai, So-Youn and the 3rd TBD Russian in the top 5.
- Trophee Bompard: Julia, Elena, Ashley...probably in that order. Courtney and Kaetlyn rounding off the top 5.
- NHK: Good showdown for gold b/w Adelina and Gracie. Polina, Kanako and Satoko should be in the top 5.

So strange not to see Mao listed at any of these events...first time since 2005 she hasn't participated in the GP.

Looking like there will be some decent competitions this year. I think the only people who look like they might be a lock for a gold medal would be Gracie at SA and Julia in both of her events. Anna is a bit of a spoiler IMO. No guarantee Ashley can beat Anna, especially seeing as how Anna placed ahead of her at worlds. If Adelina skates well she'll easily beat Anna; if she doesn't, there's a good chance Anna can stack enough points to beat her.

I still think the GPF will be Julia, Adelina, Anna, Elena, Gracie and probably Ashley.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Awesome! Let the speculation begin.

I wonder who the TBD will be at SA? Prior to her announcing her intentions to sit out this season I'd have said Agnes Zawadzki, but now I'm not too sure. Maybe Samantha Cesario or Angela Wang? That way they'd both have two assignments...

If Ashley Cain continues her solid summer comp streak, I think she will be to the top of the list for that TBD. 3Z-3L and a 2A-3Lo is some notable upgrades...

YLFan

Match Penalty
I don't get why the age was raised to 15. If 14 year olds could compete it would make some of these fields look a lot better and let some rising stars get their feet wet instead of putting some girls out there who are basically C level.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's good to make them wait until they are 15 just like at Worlds and the Olympics. If they are that good they can wait another year and if puberty gets them well that's how it goes. I for one as glad not to see 4'7 65lbs little girls on the Senior GP.

centerpt1

On the Ice
I much prefer LADIES on the GP-not prepubescent girls.

It's unfair for a lady of 21 to compete with a string bean that hasn't hit puberty yet. I wouldn't mind an age of 16 and up.

The 14 y/o's can do the JGP.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I agree. :thumbsup:

I think it's good there is an age limit. If they are meant to skate with the ladies, they'll skate with the ladies. If their glory is only for their junior days then by the time they hit the GP and puberty catches up, it's clear that's as far as they're going to go.

Amei

Record Breaker
I don't get why the age was raised to 15.

I think it's good for it to be consistent whether it be to increase the GP age or decrease Worlds/Olympics age. I wonder if the ISU will try to force countries, like Russia, that allow skaters to compete at Sr. Nationals at 12/13 years old. A couple of years Russia has had to send their 5th (2011) and 4th/7th (2012) finishers to Euros because the higher finishers weren't age eligible.

If 14 year olds could compete it would make some of these fields look a lot better and let some rising stars get their feet wet instead of putting some girls out there who are basically C level.

I agree it stinks for the Russian girls (who this predominantly affects) because there are skaters that have absolutely dominated on the Junior circuit and would be holding them back/penalizing them for being really good at a young age. And several of the young skaters, example Lipnitskaia & Radionova, came in at 14 on the senior circuit and both held their own in their events winning medals (2 silver, 2 bronze). Though I wouldn't mind for them to be able to compete because the older skaters.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't get why the age was raised to 15. If 14 year olds could compete it would make some of these fields look a lot better and let some rising stars get their feet wet instead of putting some girls out there who are basically C level.

Because they have the frigging JUNIOR GRAND PRIX for a reason? What next, are you going to start whinging that the minimum age of 13 for the JGP is totally cruel and it should be lowered to 10 so the baby Russian jumping beans can go on it?

s_parks

Record Breaker
Because they have the frigging JUNIOR GRAND PRIX for a reason? What next, are you going to start whinging that the minimum age of 13 for the JGP is totally cruel and it should be lowered to 10 so the baby Russian jumping beans can go on it?

:thumbsup:

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight

Why do you have to be so rude? I mean it's obvious they changed the age this year to stop the influx of talent, particularly from certain countries but that remark was just uncalled for. It's not like you were talking to someone and something slipped out without meaning to. You could have considered what you said before you posted. If I didn't figuratively choke back most of the things I wished to say I would have been banned for many of my remarks.

And the only mention was of the sudden change for the SGP so don't start putting words in peoples mouth about the age for the JGP. Also you shouldn't use "Russian jumping beans" when we can tell you're just using it to try and dismiss the pure talent that's coming.

YLFan

Match Penalty
The suggestion about juniors is actually a good idea :) But I would just lower it to 12

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
While "Russian jumping beans" is clearly an exaggeration and you need not take too much offense to it (I'm sure other countries would kill for that kind of young talent, regardless of whether or not it lasts), to have little girls compete against ladies and win on the basis of their ability to churn out jumps that would not be possible post puberty seems a little silly.

I mean it's a similar argument in the gymnastics scene. (remember the Chinese team?). Anyway, don't forget that one of the reason many sports have age minimums in the first place is that you don't push kids too hard physically during a prime stage of development, too. I don't want to think about the implications on the men's side where all the sudden 12 year olds are expected to start hitting consistent quads...