2014-15 Grand Prix assignments | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Grand Prix assignments

flutzy13

On the Ice
Couldn't it also go to Nathan & new partner?
They would have to be ready quickly but I can't think of any other reason why USFS would be holding back on this one last TBA. A/S have a decent shot at getting another substitute call.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Couldn't it also go to Nathan & new partner?

They just now teamed up, and it takes a while for a team to gel. They would have to prove themselves in a summer comp and they won't be ready for that immediately. Nathan is a lot shorter than Andrew, so Gretchen's timing on throws and lifts won't be the same. Both of them will have to make adjustments.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
While I'm really happy Samantha Cesario has a second GP (and that USFSA showed confidence in her by giving her the Skate America spot), there's also a small part of me that is really sad Hannah Miller's shot at spot on the senior GP is basically gone now. I was holding out hope that Cesario might end up with a replacement spot at another GP and Hannah could get the Skate America spot (the only GP spot she realistically has a shot at).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
While I'm really happy Samantha Cesario has a second GP (and that USFSA showed confidence in her by giving her the Skate America spot), there's also a small part of me that is really sad Hannah Miller's shot at spot on the senior GP is basically gone now. I was holding out hope that Cesario might end up with a replacement spot at another GP and Hannah could get the Skate America spot (the only GP spot she realistically has a shot at).

Yeah, it would have been great for Hannah to get a GP. But she still can impress through senior Bs and kill it at Nationals!

flutzy13

On the Ice

If USFS really wanted to spread the wealth give someone like Miller or Long an SA spot, they should have avoided picking Nagasu for SA who almost surely would have ended up with another assignment elsewhere. Kind of a waste in terms of maximizing US assignments But maybe they're trying to make amends as she is certainly popular among the Friends of figure skating set who attends SA- probably much more so than Gracie.

And I am happy Mirai will get to enjoy a home GP for the first time since I think 2008. And Cesario certainly deserved a second spot. I'm sad for Miller who is a US favorite of mine who stupidly wasn't assigned to 2013 JW and then had a badly timed injury in fall 2013. Hopefully this fall she can set herself up better for next season at some senior Bs.

I'm really perplexed as why to A/S haven't gotten the SA nod yet. Especially with their coach already there for S/K. I can't imagine Nate and Gretchen could be ready...but maybe? Or perhaps Blackmer or Brittany Simpson and their new partners are looking strong?

twirlingaround

Rinkside
If USFS really wanted to spread the wealth give someone like Miller or Long an SA spot, they should have avoided picking Nagasu for SA who almost surely would have ended up with another assignment elsewhere. Kind of a waste in terms of maximizing US assignments But maybe they're trying to make amends as she is certainly popular among the Friends of figure skating set who attends SA- probably much more so than Gracie.

And I am happy Mirai will get to enjoy a home GP for the first time since I think 2008. And Cesario certainly deserved a second spot. I'm sad for Miller who is a US favorite of mine who stupidly wasn't assigned to 2013 JW and then had a badly timed injury in fall 2013. Hopefully this fall she can set herself up better for next season at some senior Bs.

I'm really perplexed as why to A/S haven't gotten the SA nod yet. Especially with their coach already there for S/K. I can't imagine Nate and Gretchen could be ready...but maybe? Or perhaps Blackmer or Brittany Simpson and their new partners are looking strong?
Or maybe Jessica Calalang and Zack Sidhu maybe are looking good. I think they are a very promising team and actually might surprise a lot of people this season.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight

Well, also since A/S got the Skate Canada spot, they'd have to skate the two early GPs in a row. That's kind of a strategic disadvantage in some ways. On the other hand, this being their first season skating as seniors, this is bound to be a learning season for them anyway.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well, also since A/S got the Skate Canada spot, they'd have to skate the two early GPs in a row. That's kind of a strategic disadvantage in some ways. On the other hand, this being their first season skating as seniors, this is bound to be a learning season for them anyway.

Well at least we're not talking about some major time differences. Chicago (Skate America) and Kelowna, B.C. (Skate Canada) are only two time zones apart.

The Shibutanis in the 2011-2012 GP season skated at Cup of China in Shanghai then skated NHK Trophy the following week and won. The time difference was shorter --- only an hour.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net/media/156257/gp_pairs_updated-july-21.pdf

Elizaveta Usmantesva/Roman Talan - I believe that they're from Ukraine, though it doesn't say a country - were announced as the replacements for Stefania Berton/Ondrej Hotarek's SA spot. Their Rostelecom Cup spot says TBA GER. Don't know why they're giving to GER, but, there it is.

Yes, Usmantseva/Talan are from UKR and got the olympic spot at Nebelhorn last year but in the end couldn't go. The TBA for Germany in COR must definetly go to Prolss/Blommaert.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Oh, that's right, I remember who they are now. Thanks for clearing that up, and now that you mention it, it probably will be Prolss/Blommaert.

Country
Russia
Yeah, it would have been great for Hannah to get a GP. But she still can impress through senior Bs and kill it at Nationals!
USA has only one possible GP spot at SC, where are two Ladies from USA (at all the other 5 Events - three).
And Angela Wang has one GP Event, so most probably she will have SC spot if somebody withdraws from SC.

Hannah Miller is 89-th in Season Best list (so she is not in Top75) and may pretend to GP spot only if she wins one of ISU Challenger Series Events.
And GP spot for her may be possible only if US Lady withdraws.

Country
Russia
Substitutes List for Ladies

Place in SB List - SB - Name - Nation - No of Event already granted (1 SA, 2 SC, 3 CoC etc.)
31 166.84 Hae Jin KIM KOR 2
32 165.19 Alaine CHARTRAND CAN 4
43 159.67 Veronik MALLET CAN 2
44 157.88 Rika HONGO JPN 2
45 157.57 Kexin ZHANG CHN 3
46 157.17 Nikol GOSVIANI RUS 6
47 155.87 Angela WANG USA 4
50 153.27 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 3
52 152.13 Miyabi OBA JPN 4
54 150.17 Brooklee HAN AUS 1
55 149.44 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO 1
58 145.88 Natalia POPOVA UKR 1
59 145.15 Eliska BREZINOVA CZE 5
62 143.22 Anna OVCHAROVA SUI 6
64 142.87 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 3

Most probably if somebody withdraws from SA - USFS will chose Veronik MALLET, and Alaine CHARTRAND will get home spot at Canada.

If somebody withdraws from SC, Top5 of substitutes are:
Kexin ZHANG
Nikol GOSVIANI
Angela WANG
Viktoria HELGESSON
Miyabi OBA
(others already have this Event or are Canadians so may pretend to home spot).
Most probably will be chosen Angela WANG.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The choices for the TBS spot for Cup of Russia are (in Seasons Best order):

Tarasova/Morozov (SC)
Prolss/Blommaert (no GP yet)
Cherniavskaia/Souza-Kordyeru (no GP yet)
Usmantseva/Talan (SA)

Note: The Russian Fed can't choose Aaron/Settlage (3rd on the list) because there are already 3 US pairs at CoR.
Russia also has yet to name their TBD pair. If they name T/M, C/S-K or any other Russian team as the TBD, then they can't pick any other Russian team from the list.