Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 604

Thread: 2014-15 Grand Prix assignments

  1. #301
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,445
    Did anyone else have trouble playing the vid of Jason's free skate?

  2. #302
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Did anyone else have trouble playing the vid of Jason's free skate?
    It's still working for me, maybe just try it again?

    http://www.mediafire.com/watch/l8c4p...and_Iseult.avi
    http://www.mediafire.com/watch/hbjgc...Jason_Juke.avi

  3. #303
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,445
    Don't know what the problem is for me. Both vids: play, stop, play, stop,play........... Haven't had any trouble with vids until this.

  4. #304
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,960
    Same here

    I'm going to clear my cookies and delete my history. Don't know wh but that helps sometimes.

  5. #305
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Same here

    I'm going to clear my cookies and delete my history. Don't know wh but that helps sometimes.
    Not that I'm saying you should keep them or anything, but you can download them by clicking on the symbol with the down arrow and line beneath them. That opens a new tab and then just click on download in the green.

  6. #306
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,445
    The only way I could watch them was to let them completely download---which took considerable time---and then click on the progress bar at the beginning to play. I have the uneasy feeling Jason is going down the same road as Sawyer: great artistry, breathtaking positions and artistry, but undone by the jumps as far as competition goes. I sincerely hope I am wrong. My iMac is only about two years old, so I am puzzled about what is causing this problem.

  7. #307
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    The only way I could watch them was to let them completely download---which took considerable time---and then click on the progress bar at the beginning to play. I have the uneasy feeling Jason is going down the same road as Sawyer: great artistry, breathtaking positions and artistry, but undone by the jumps as far as competition goes. I sincerely hope I am wrong. My iMac is only about two years old, so I am puzzled about what is causing this problem.
    I wouldn't worry too much. His programs were pretty rough at Broadmoor last year too. And in the jumps competition he did some nice 3As.

  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Tara Lipinski too, at Olympics she was two-times gold medalist of Grand Prix Final (at that time it was called Championship Series Final).
    She also competed at the WC in 1996 and turned in one of the best Free Skates of the competition (and I think the most difficult as well).

  9. #309
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    151
    How does a jump competition work? Just wondering...and i guess Jason didn't try 4t because we would´ve heard of it by now. By Mrs. P


    OMG, i just watched the long program. Worked perfectly btw.
    Anyways, that is an awesome piece of music and very dramatic. I've admired Jason's skills but he's not been my cup of tea, but this darker program gives me the chills already! There were some very nice parts, but i hate the times when skaters "show their hands" in a very dramatic part of music, Jason had one moment of these.. but never mind. What was his layout in the program? The second jump will be the quad i suppose. Did he have a second 3a? Yes, i played very close attention to the jumps...

  10. #310
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by supsu View Post
    How does a jump competition work? Just wondering...and i guess Jason didn't try 4t because we would´ve heard of it by now. By Mrs. P
    A jumps competition is basically where the entrants come on the ice, do a series of jumps, on which they are judged. So Jason came out and did two 3As, and two 3Lzs from different entries. (I think he won?). Jordan Moeller did a 3A, two attempts at 4T, and 3Lz (from a very cool hydroblade). Jason didn't do the 4T, I was thinking he might, but he didn't.

  11. #311
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    151
    So they don't have a set they must perform but just what they decide to earn points? How many jumps do they need and and other questions.. :D i think i need to find the rules. That would be so cool to watch too. Oh no. i guess i need to get the stream next year. That would be a fun add to the go-series. Have them compete before short programs or something..

  12. #312
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by supsu View Post
    So they don't have a set they must perform but just what they decide to earn points? How many jumps do they need and and other questions.. :D i think i need to find the rules. That would be so cool to watch too. Oh no. i guess i need to get the stream next year. That would be a fun add to the go-series. Have them compete before short programs or something..
    I don't think there's any required set of jumps, no. I think at Broadmoor each skater did four jumps. It was pretty cool and originally I renewed my subscription to the stream just for that.

    I think it would be lots of fun to have at Worlds or even the Olympics if they want to hand out more medals - jump and spin competitions. Can you imagine if such a thing was part of competition in Plushenko and Yagudin's heyday?

  13. #313
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    The only way I could watch them was to let them completely download---which took considerable time---and then click on the progress bar at the beginning to play. I have the uneasy feeling Jason is going down the same road as Sawyer: great artistry, breathtaking positions and artistry, but undone by the jumps as far as competition goes. I sincerely hope I am wrong. My iMac is only about two years old, so I am puzzled about what is causing this problem.
    Jason did a series of blog entries for ice network last year and in this one from 8/29/13 he explained his summer training for Riverdance:

    What I did this year, which has been different than other years, is progressively add triples into my program when I compete. For example, for Broadmoor, instead of doing all planned elements, we planned to make certain jumps doubles. By Glacier Falls, we added in a few more of the planned elements, but, yet again, didn't do everything planned. I've truly loved approaching the summer events this way, because it makes the program feel more manageable.
    We all know how this approach worked out for him last year.

  14. #314
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    39
    Hey GS!

    A bit off topic from the thread title and the current train of posts, but I wanted to ask if anyone here has gone to Skate America. I just had a few questions

    1. Is there that big a difference in the $175 and $125? I saw that for the $125 tier, there are reserved seats...?
    2. I have a friend that will watch 1-2 shows on Saturday. I was wondering is it'd be cheaper to buy single event tickets, but I'm wondering if with the full event passes, we can still sit with her?
    3. Will SA be very crowded? I've seen some videos and it seems quite empty? Won't it be the same in a post-Olympic season?
    4. For any of the Chicago locals, how is parking in tbe Sears arena?

    Thank you!

  15. #315
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,679
    Quote Originally Posted by erasona View Post
    Hey GS!

    A bit off topic from the thread title and the current train of posts, but I wanted to ask if anyone here has gone to Skate America. I just had a few questions

    1. Is there that big a difference in the $175 and $125? I saw that for the $125 tier, there are reserved seats...?
    2. I have a friend that will watch 1-2 shows on Saturday. I was wondering is it'd be cheaper to buy single event tickets, but I'm wondering if with the full event passes, we can still sit with her?
    3. Will SA be very crowded? I've seen some videos and it seems quite empty? Won't it be the same in a post-Olympic season?
    4. For any of the Chicago locals, how is parking in tbe Sears arena?

    Thank you!
    1.) I think the main difference is that the club seats give you access to a separate food/drink area and entrance. As far as view to the ice, I don't think it's that different.
    2.) The tickets go on sale for single sales on Aug. 1. There should be all-event passes still available. I'd wait until Aug. 1 and then see if you can find two seats next to each other. You may want to call Sears Center directly to make this arrangement.
    3.) It probably won't be super crowded.

    I'll let the locals answer the parking question.

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •